It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newtown has Reputation as Satanist Hub

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I found this to be interesting.

It's hard to imagine how big the web actually is.

Sometimes I believe that there would just have to be too many people involved somehow for this to go on for long.

Another crazy tid-bit of info about Newtown.

LINK

In this 1996 article, Perry DeAngelis found that although the Newtown Police Dept. covered for Satanism, 45% of local respondents to a telephone survey had heard of Satanic cult activity in Newtown.

When I was in middle school, and again in secondary education, teachers commented about Satanists in Newtown. Indeed, one went so far as to describe a dance held off Pine Tree Road in the night wood. How my teacher came by these details, I do not know. At the time I was not inclined to ask.

From teachers to housewives, nuns to carpenters, the tale would not die. It seemed to have a tremendous half-life. When I found it still burning brightly all these years later, it was time to discover the truth. I set about to discover just what was rearing its ugly head in Newtown.

Could Newtown Connecticut be some center of vortex for pure evil?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Maybe this dude is a big fan of Texas?

Or maybe it goes even deeper than this...

edit on 24/12/12 by FlyingCow because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/12/12 by FlyingCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That would be cool, but one must remember the Satanic Panic was still lingering.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FinalCountdown

If theres a vortex of evil, you better call Buffy

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Satanic cult activity in Newtown is non-existent 42.4% rare 42.5% common 12.1%

Thats from the same article. So I don't think it's really a concern.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Could Newtown Connecticut be some center of vortex for pure evil?

If it truly is a vortex for pure evil, then killing their children only prevented a new generation of "pure evil" offsprings from taking seat.

Evil people are smart, so this doesn't make sense.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Didnt every little Town go through this in the mid 1980s to mid 1990s? Our town did... It was tiny (we knew each other by what type of car we drove and knew everyone we passed on the road.)

Local paper had an article and we had rumors about a "major" Satanic Cult operating at an Old Abandoned cement Plant . We used to party at the cement plant and write "Satanic" graffiti while partying there (was a huge spot for teenagers) and none of us were Satanists or even new Agers (we were kinda Redneck Partyers, lol)

Everyone I know from small towns has these same stories... maybe its just me but I have met quite a few small towners with the same story and rumors.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Tell me what you ACTUALLY know (or think you know) about Satanism. 100% guarantee it's wrong. Just because someone flashes the "horns" doesn't mean they're a Satanist, or part of a cult, or worshiping the Devil. It's used primarily in heavy metal subculture as a way for fans to recognize each other or to denote heavy/awesome parts of a song. In fact, it spilled out of the metal subculture so much so that pop stars and morons think they're rather cool if they throw the horns around like they know what it means. But really they know as much about Satanism and the occult as you do.

My advice? Pick up some factual books on the topic and read them. Or risk making yourself look like an idiot with posts like this.

link   
And to think, I laughed at the idiocy of the Salem witch trials.....

Wow. just wow.....

link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

SO basically teens smoked pot, drank beer and spray painted ozzy(about 900 times or so?), 666, and pentagrams and upside down crosses on the walls.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

By the way, that article was completely ridiculous and totally biased. I have no doubt it was written by a Christian with no clue what Satanism is.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cannabis

Take it easy bro, your harshin my mellow!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

SO basically teens smoked pot, drank beer and spray painted ozzy(about 900 times or so?), 666, and pentagrams and upside down crosses on the walls.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (good times those)

But people were really freaked out- I mean people thought there was a "Cult" and a "major one"- Even the Police Chief thought so and there were rumors of Animals found dead and blah, blah... And there was NO WAY since this town was like 4000 people and in the middle of nowhere- And the cement plant was a major party hub for bored teens and thus not some "secret scary altar of satan" lol... But yeah... People were coming to school and talking about Heavy metal music etc, etc, etc....

LOL, loved the late 80s.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I don't know guys, I'm not convinced...

I;m still leaning more towards center of vortex for evil

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Oh no.... My beloved ATS has not been reduced to using things like this as Tier 1 sources for threads have they? We? Us All?

The Connectictut Skeptical Society conducted a random telephone survey of 100 Newtown residents to determine what their beliefs are concerning satanic cult activity. Of those called, 52 declined to participate in the survey. [The actual Satanists?] The results of the other 48 people who responded are listed below.

Although almost half of those responding had heard rumors of local satanic cult activity, only 12% believed that such activity was common in Newtown, and fewer believed cults represent more than a minimal threat. Despite this, almost 40% believed that the Newtown police should give at least medium priority to investigating cult activity. Interestingly, responders were more than 4 times as likely to believe that satanic cults are common in the US in general than in their own home town.
Source

I want to inquire as to whether the poll also asked about level of education, how many times a week they are less than entirely clear minded and of course when was the last cover of The Globe or National Enquirer they missed seeing at the check out line?

C'mon... I looked over this link carefully and it reads more like someone off their meds than it does an indictment of actual outlaw activity for satanic followers. Err... I will admit to outright laughing a few times there by the over the top 'Ye Ole' type language used.

Satanism in Connecticut, specifically Newtown, has been one I've often heard. It was only a few months ago when a friend came to me with tales of further satanic atrocities perpetrated in Newtown as told to her by a local nun. Once again the shadow of Lucifer's wing had apparently darkened the skies over this innocent hamlet.
(Same Source)

I mean, who talks like that...really? This is a real story with real people and some are even ATS members. It's really hurting folks...Is there anything more solid to go on for making light of Newtown CT?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I don't take it easy when people misrepresent an occult tradition they know nothing about, and give everyone the link to an article written as though the author actually knows a single damned thing about Satanism.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

It's a survey of 100 of Newtown's population. Almost all of which were probably Christian (therefore their opinions and statements regarding Satanism are completely invalid)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Oh no.... My beloved ATS has not been reduced to using things like this as Tier 1 sources for threads have they? We? Us All?

The Connectictut Skeptical Society conducted a random telephone survey of 100 Newtown residents to determine what their beliefs are concerning satanic cult activity. Of those called, 52 declined to participate in the survey. [The actual Satanists?] The results of the other 48 people who responded are listed below.

Although almost half of those responding had heard rumors of local satanic cult activity, only 12% believed that such activity was common in Newtown, and fewer believed cults represent more than a minimal threat. Despite this, almost 40% believed that the Newtown police should give at least medium priority to investigating cult activity. Interestingly, responders were more than 4 times as likely to believe that satanic cults are common in the US in general than in their own home town.
Source

I want to inquire as to whether the poll also asked about level of education, how many times a week they are less than entirely clear minded and of course when was the last cover of The Globe or National Enquirer they missed seeing at the check out line?

C'mon... I looked over this link carefully and it reads more like someone off their meds than it does an indictment of actual outlaw activity for satanic followers. Err... I will admit to outright laughing a few times there by the over the top 'Ye Ole' type language used.

Satanism in Connecticut, specifically Newtown, has been one I've often heard. It was only a few months ago when a friend came to me with tales of further satanic atrocities perpetrated in Newtown as told to her by a local nun. Once again the shadow of Lucifer's wing had apparently darkened the skies over this innocent hamlet.
(Same Source)

I mean, who talks like that...really? This is a real story with real people and some are even ATS members. It's really hurting folks...Is there anything more solid to go on for making light of Newtown CT?

LOL...

The whole "Once again the shadow of Lucifer's wing had apparently darkened the skies over this innocent hamlet." I am going to use that to begin my next Dungeons and Dragons game (which is dedicated to Satan, btw.)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wasn't there a thread on here about Adam Lanza saying he was the devil on his fb page or something? ..that would kind of fit the article .

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
There was a day on ATS where this kind of thread with THIS kind of 'citation' would never fly.. (im saying that a lot unfortunately )

People, just because they are words... and it has an author, doesnt mean its citation worthy...

VET YOUR SOURCES PEOPLE

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join