It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of already debunked theories, re: Sandy hook

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CinnamonHearts

Guess it helps living in the state and knowing some of these people from other organizations, and through other people etc.. CT isn't a large state, and every town is kind of linked to every other town somehow.. makes me not question the genuine nature of the people i see on the interviews because, well, i've met some of them, and i know that they are the same people i've met over time..

As far as my job not letting me take time off, at the time (prior to retiring) I couldn't just "take time off" for any reason, i went in sick, i went in feeling like dirt, if an investigation had to be finished, damn the people doing it, finish it..

What it boils down to, and i thought this with all the 9/11 threads, and also with Columbine and Aurora, we at ATS do not have a right to demand answers of anyone, we can look into things, we can say we're investigating, but when it comes down to it, that right is reserved for the victims, their families and the police. Not us armchair investigators that think we're know it alls (I'm not singling anyone out here i'm just as guilty of it at times) that may not have bits of the puzzle that would make Scenario X make sense, and discount Scenario Y, and it may be evidence that well, we just would normally have to wait to see.

Anger and revenge, i know one parent there that is very angry, and their grief hasn't set in yet, i hate to think about it when it does.. Met them the day of the shooting when I went down to volunteer, not a pleasant sight. They just aren't complaining to the media about it, they are complaining to law enforcement and their lawyers..

It's great to question things, but when does enough become enough? we all know there are issues with the media coverage, but that never gets discussed, it all goes back to it must be a conspiracy.. We all know there's a LOT more information to come out, but we focus on some license plate of someone in another town, that happened to be there, or maybe knew someone in Newtown? Like I said, CT is a small state, the possibilities of someone knowing someone else and more and more connections being made are not that low, they are in fact quite high..

So no I will not question the parents at all, and you will never see me question their resolve or the fact that they are indeed the real parents, they were all there that day before the cameras were on trying to find out if their child was among the dead.. Anything after, well that's proper behavior for them, maybe not for us, but for them..

And I will not question the police until the report comes out, when it does, and if things are missing, then and only then will I ask why, until then, let em do their job..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Very interesting, and this in particular:

"If a poster wrote something close to “X,” we were supposed to respond with something close to “Y.” “You have to mix it up a bit, though,” said my trainer. “Otherwise it gets too obvious. Learn to use a thesaurus.” This section also contained a number of hints for de-railing conversations that went too far away from what we were attempting. These strategies included various forms of personal attacks, complaining to the forum moderators, smearing the characters of our opponents..."

It's fairly easy to spot at least some of these people because they're the ones who try to prevent people from digging deeper or try to make you feel guilty or like a horrible person for doing so which makes absolutely no sense when they're on sites such as this one. To me, it's a huge red flag.

"It also had quite detailed info on the moderators and the most popular regged posters on each site: location (if known), personality type, topics of interest, background sketch, and even some notes on how to “push the psychological buttons” of different posters."

Creepy.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I saw that and my question is why now? Why his DNA? Why not the countless mass murderers before him? Doesn't add up.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This site blows. Are there any sites that are similar to ATS back in 2004-2005?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Here here! Especially the part about letting the authorities do their job. Unless some people commenting here have got the necessary credentials to show they know what they're doing and present some real evidence when it comes to criminal investigations such as this, they shouldn't be taken seriously.

The only place where the line gets crossed is when these unqualified people start spreading nasty gossip about innocent people involved in the event. That is despicable and should be pushed back against.

While we live in a world where reality shows are the norm and people are as voyeuristic as ever, this is NOT a reality show and the finer details of the ongoing investigations are none of anyone's business until the official report is released. Then people can go crazy, as they usually do, trying to pick at every single little piece of weak anomaly they find in the story to try and perpetuate a conspiracy theory if they must.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"It also had quite detailed info on the moderators and the most popular regged posters on each site: location (if known), personality type, topics of interest, background sketch, and even some notes on how to “push the psychological buttons” of different posters."

Creepy.

Indeed it is creepy. And what do you suppose they're doing with all those background sketches and personality type information?

Some people have long claimed that the internet is the antichrist. I can't say one way or another, but the fascists among us are always building better mouse traps for us. Back in the pre-computer days of the Nazis and the Soviet Union, they had to rely on neighbors and co-workers to nark on people to create their enemies lists. They've found a way to get us to do it to ourselves. Progress.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicBob

Additionally, it would be nice to live in a world where the media was responsible and didn't broadcast pure speculation before they have the hard facts. Alas, this is not the case and thus the responsibility falls to the people to filter out the crap from what is accurate.

Unfortunately, many people choose to over use their critical faculties and trust the media too much with certain reports that might be misleading. This is what causes further speculation and assumptions and just makes the conspiracy theory a bigger and wilder beast on a rampage.
edit on 29-12-2012 by CosmicBob because: Grammar mistake

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinnamonHearts
reply to post by frazzle

I saw that and my question is why now? Why his DNA? Why not the countless mass murderers before him? Doesn't add up.

Timing. And it would set a precedent. Anybody with some of the same "specific" genetic markings could then be designated "dangerous" and mentally unbalanced. Or, IOW, how to create a nation of zombies on prescription drugs.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
reply to post by sconner755

The thing is, I don't think I have ever heard or read anything about Bretton Woods outside of the connotation of
monetary reform. A topic much discussed of late.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not that it's not a four star resort. Not that Oosterbeek, isn't also. It's just the unexpectedness of seeing it mentioned in this context, that I am reminded of lines from Casablanca. Of all the joints to go just before your untimely demise, Mrs.Lanza, you wound up here.
edit on 28-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

More so in that both Mr. and the former Mrs. Lanza are linked to some of the largest financial institutions in America.
edit on 28-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

How about this:

George Soros Bretton Woods Conference

George Soros wants to control the US. Maybe he is the guy the psychic saw in her vision.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

reply to post by frazzle

Timing. And it would set a precedent. Anybody with some of the same "specific" genetic markings could then be designated "dangerous" and mentally unbalanced. Or, IOW, how to create a nation of zombies on prescription drugs.

True, it definitely seems odd in that they're just attempting to do this now. To me that means there is some ulterior motive beyond just finding the trigger for this behaviour, otherwise, they would have done it long ago.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Mod Note

Just a quick note, and observation here in my capacity as staff;

The thread to which you refer is in the Short Stories section of the board.

The thread was closed because of the dubious nature of the poster. The poster in question made all this posts on the same day, and never returned to ATS

You choose to believe a thread on ATS where someone claims to have worked for the government, but apparently don't trust the government to handle the school shooting investigation.

By the way - the opening post of the thread to which you refer is a copy/past from this site.
plasticmacca.blogspot.ca...

Just because people do not agree with your opinions, it does not mean that they are "paid shills".

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
reply to post by ratboy

Is it possible the driver could be being misinterpreted as the owner?

Has the driver positively been identified (vs the owner) and if so, how?

It's possible the driver and/or owner has been misinterpreted which is what we've been trying to figure out since that radio recording makes it seem like the car belongs to a different family.

I don't think the driver has been positively ID'd as the shooter or someone else, unless they have cameras on site (or from businesses along the car's drive path) showing him getting out of the driver's seat of the car. It has been reported in the media that Adam drove that car there but not sure if/how they confirmed this. I assume they are going off of reports from the police.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I think it is a very GOOD thing to place some controls on those discussions. That said, would it be possible to be more specific, as to what sorts of things we should not stray into, regarding that topic? Clearly, posting personal data would be very wrong (and I guess I missed that....glad I did, too!). Are there other areas that you would prefer we avoid? I believe all here want to respect what those families are facing, and I certainly don't want to post anything to add to their grief. So, other than that personal data business, what should we avoid?

If I have personally posted anything offensive, my apologies, because that was never my intent.

I think that the entirely disrespectful, "grieving parents are actors" and the comparison of real people who had children at the school (fortunately unharmed) with pictures of other actors just because they happened to give an interview, along with some of the darker speculation about one dead girl and her siblings (the oh look she's wearing her sister's dress...duh) is the type of unfounded, extremely hurtful and possible litigious remarks that SO and the mods want to be left alone...and I agree entirely

I can understand people noticing the striking resemblance, but from what I read, most were looking for reasonable explanations for that, instead of assuming it meant something sinister. As I stated before, my kids look a LOT like each other, and it's my opinion that this was the case with those sisters, too.

Unfortunately, any discussion of a case in which people die could be hurtful, so we need to be very careful in how we address such things. One example would be all of the 9/11 discussions. There is a fine line between discussing things in a reasonable fashion, and crossing a line to areas best left alone. Our mods are pretty good about keeping that sort of thing in line, which is better for all of us.

I didn't see any interviews of parents whose children were not harmed, or discussion of those. Certainly, there would be huge differences in their behavior!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Receptive
reply to post by destination now

Sorry, I was a little ambiguous. The list of slain students all came from the two classes. All the survivors came from the two classes. The girl who played dead is alive and accounted for. Emilie Parker was absent in the class photo and is accounted for. We don't know the names of the kids alive in the class photos nor the ones that escaped. Just that the count exceeds what the class pictures are telling us.

Not all students are necessarily in a class picture. Kids get sick, and miss school at times, and that can include on picture day. I don't see such a photo as proof of anything except the students in it being shown to be in that class. We can't see those that missed being in the picture.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

No, it doesn't add up at all. First off, as you asked, why him, and not all the previous ones? Second, since they have never done any such testing before, or even shown that some "evil gene" exists, then how, exactly, are they going to claim the know ANYTHING from such a test? How would they show some gene to BE an "evil gene"?

it's pretty clear where that is leading. Just watch. They will find their "evil gene" (which, of course, isn't real). Then they will start demanding DNA testing of people to determine "ahead of time" who might do something bad in the future.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here in the UK the Sun newspaper is not generally regarded as a major source for hard facts.....While it's not quite the National Enquirer, it's worth taking a pinch of salt with much of what you find within its covers.

edit on 29-12-2012 by squarehead666 because: s&p

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

But just when you think this investigation can't get any stupider ~ it does.

Adam Lanza will have his DNA tested to find out if it carries an “evil” gene.

No, I was pretty sure from the initial reporting and story telling by a circus of a media (and now 'science'---and politics-- ?lol), it WOULD absolutely get this stupid, just wait and see if they don't pull some 'news at 11' Satanic video off his alleged hard drive that the Enquirer can splash on their front page too.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ratboy

I have to wonder how could there not be lots of cameras onsight with a reported new security system.

My guess is that this investigation must be ongoing and possibly looking for other participants, doesn't make sense they would string this along unless either a coverup (lock up all the info), or else they are pursuing other leads besides A.L.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte
reply to post by ratboy

I have to wonder how could there not be lots of cameras onsight with a reported new security system.

My guess is that this investigation must be ongoing and possibly looking for other participants, doesn't make sense they would string this along unless either a coverup (lock up all the info), or else they are pursuing other leads besides A.L.

What is your reference for what makes sense and what doesn't make sense?

There are 28 individual dead bodies from this incident. It's been 14 days.

14 DAYS!

And you call this stringing it along? It takes longer to get one app approved in the iTunes Store.

So because they haven't released a final report in 14 days on 27 murders and one suicide they must be hiding something or searching for other shooters?

Good grief....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

reply to post by frazzle

No, it doesn't add up at all. First off, as you asked, why him, and not all the previous ones? Second, since they have never done any such testing before, or even shown that some "evil gene" exists, then how, exactly, are they going to claim the know ANYTHING from such a test? How would they show some gene to BE an "evil gene"?

it's pretty clear where that is leading. Just watch. They will find their "evil gene" (which, of course, isn't real). Then they will start demanding DNA testing of people to determine "ahead of time" who might do something bad in the future.

Actually it's not as sinister as all that..

Connecticut is in the middle of a budget crisis and cut off a lot of money to UConn, in order to get funding for things they needed a new gimmick.. (Their basketball team is banned from the NCAA tourney this year so that money is gone too) this is as good a one as any..

Hell even UConn isn't taking the study that seriously, they just want the $$$$

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join