It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A list of already debunked theories, re: Sandy hook

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Why has it been ignored that you can't change a facebook group and keep the style of URL this cached site has?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rineocerous
Why has it been ignored that you can't change a facebook group and keep the style of URL this cached site has?

Here, let me Google that for you...

How to change a FB page URL

Any Facebook page owner can now change a page’s vanity URL once without having to submit a request or work directly with a Facebook representative. Previously, pages with more than 100 Likes could not change their URL unless they filled out a form, and that wasn’t always a guarantee that Facebook would accept the change. Now, Facebook has removed that contact form from its site and given page owners the option to change their URL a single time. To do so, users can follow this flow: Edit Page –> Update Info –> Basic Information –> Change Username.

Ergo, DEBUNKED.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well no cuz the cached link was
www.facebook.com...

If the page had been renamed the "pages" and "448389438554931" wouldn't be a part of the URL.

You have an explanation for that too though of course, don't you?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Speaking from the tiny quadruple disaster ridden state of Connecticut.

There has been no official release of information conclusively by the Connecticut State Police as of yet, ie: there is no official story only Media Speculation...

Until some thing is done to stop the MSM from speculation and over sensationalizing these tragedies, who can believe their story as a whole?

One can go from one news channel to another and they will both be slightly different, a different spin you might say.

No one in the MSM cares about the facts now a days, it's all about the Ratings.....

The news networks need to be held accountable for their bogus and misleading stories, IMO.
Maybe place a hefty fine along with suspension of the reporter distorting the tragedy for ratings.
[There is wishful thinking.....
]

ETA: The social network sites don't help either. They are full of gossip and rumors.....

edit on 23-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by vkey08
Speaking from the tiny quadruple disaster ridden state of Connecticut.

There has been no official release of information conclusively by the Connecticut State Police as of yet, ie: there is no official story only Media Speculation...

Until some thing is done to stop the MSM from speculation and over sensationalizing these tragedies, who can believe their story as a whole?

One can go from one news channel to another and they will both be slightly different, a different spin you might say.

No one in the MSM cares about the facts now a days, it's all about the Ratings.....

The news networks need to be held accountable for their bogus and misleading stories, IMO.
Maybe place a hefty fine along with suspension of the reporter distorting the tragedy for ratings.
[There is wishful thinking.....
]

ETA: The social network sites don't help either. They are full of gossip and rumors.....

edit on 23-12-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

And your post describes exactly how ATS has behaved since the massacre. In fact, I would argue worse because a large volume of posts are defamatory and truth be told, libellous.
edit on 23-12-2012 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

www.facebook.com...

If the page had been renamed the "pages" and "448389438554931" wouldn't be a part of the URL.

I would like to see some evidence of the cached page.

But, I would also like to add that I work on-line, I work in copy creation for bloggers and some large companies in Europe, I'm well aware of Search Engine Optimization, and I'm well aware that it takes time for Google to crawl a site, page or post and that this depends on the linking to that page.

If the creator of that page opened it just days before, and didn't run an SEO plan on it (why would they unless they are a business using a promotion method) then it's perfectly reasonable that Google wouldn't have seen it yet and it wouldn't exist in a cache.

I would need to see evidence of the Google cache, and then investigate that.

As I haven't seen any evidence that Google cached the page with a title or URL to suggest it was created with foreknowledge of the event, I will have to say it's BS like every other "theory" being presented.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

When it first happened, I tried to read a couple of threads and I believe I responded to a few comments that weren't correct according to the police reports and I tried to "up-date" the latest news but to no avail. I finally gave up and stayed away from the threads due to some of the outrageous rumors and comments.....just plain BS!!!!!!

It's going to be weeks before and IF we find out the whole story.

--------------------

P.S. One of the crazy rumors I tried to squelch...

One poster heard the principle had an affair with Nancy Lanza.....so that was why her son did what he did.
Needless to say I informed them that the principle was a "Female"....
Just plain stupid stuff like that..... ugh!!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Is it not part of the official story that the shooter was Adam Lanza and that he shot himself and his mother? If not, it sure seems like it is, eh?

Just wondering.
edit on 12/23/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

The CT State Police stated that it is BELIEVED that Mr Lanza was the shooter.. They also stated many times over they were not labeling any info as final until the investigation was completed.. hence, it's not 100% official..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

There was even one claiming Emilie Parker was a satanist. The term 'gutter press' is often used to describe the editorial content of 'red top' newspapers in the UK; I think 'gutter posters' can be a term best describing some folk on this site.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Good point.

As far as the parents "acting", thats not anything that can be debunked. Its an opinion...

Lets say that the OP is correct, that only leaves the following:

1) Why they said there were only hand guns found in the school

2) Why the said the car belonged to Adam's mom when the license plate and police recording contradict this claim.

3) Why they allegedly interviewed the Principal the day of the shooting then deleted the article instead of offering some kind of correction or explanation.

4) Several contradictory news reports/accounts.

5) Multiple shooters.

I'm sure I missed some.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

There is nothing to debunk with the acting theory. There is not one single piece of evidence to back it up. Not one. It is a theory without any merit whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

www.facebook.com...

I would like to see some evidence of the cached page.

But, I would also like to add that I work on-line, I work in copy creation for bloggers and some large companies in Europe, I'm well aware of Search Engine Optimization, and I'm well aware that it takes time for Google to crawl a site, page or post and that this depends on the linking to that page.

If the creator of that page opened it just days before, and didn't run an SEO plan on it (why would they unless they are a business using a promotion method) then it's perfectly reasonable that Google wouldn't have seen it yet and it wouldn't exist in a cache.

I would need to see evidence of the Google cache, and then investigate that.

As I haven't seen any evidence that Google cached the page with a title or URL to suggest it was created with foreknowledge of the event, I will have to say it's BS like every other "theory" being presented.

This is not directed at you detachedindividual, but more for the conversation you are in regarding "caching".

I've worked in the "web field" for almost 18 years. Whoever is claiming the numbers after the URL have to do with a cache are completely wrong. Those numbers are simply an ID for the Facebook page. That ID can not be removed until you have 25 "likes" on Facebook. Once you do, you can go in and remove those #'s from the URL. It has NOTHING to do with caching, or Google crawling the site. Even changing the name of the Facebook page would not remove that specific set of numbers.

edit on 23-12-2012 by DerekJR321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why don't you make a thread detailing all of the myriad of reports that the MEDIA has made then that are debunked, would it not be better too start there ??

Oh wait you can only debunk conspiracy theorists,, outright liars and scumbag reporting gets a free pass.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Police debunked this media report that Adam had an altercation at the school the day before the shooting.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Double post....not sure why that happens on this site a lot? I only click once?
edit on 24-12-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParasuvO
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Why don't you make a thread detailing all of the myriad of reports that the MEDIA has made then that are debunked, would it not be better too start there ??

Oh wait you can only debunk conspiracy theorists,, outright liars and scumbag reporting gets a free pass.
what are you even talking about? If you have something to add to this thread, please do. But dont sit and complain about what this thread is NOT about, trying to derail it. If you want a thread about such thing, make it. THis one is about the things that have been proven false, or had absolutely no validity to begin with.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

webcache.googleusercontent.com...:gTR9Lr6PixgJ:www.facebook.com...&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Here is the cached page. I still lean on there being a logical explanation for this myself but I've yet been able to prove it, so any insight you can provide would be welcome.

Sorry I don't know enough about posting links on this site so it seems you'll have to reconstruct it a bit.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Rineocerous because: formatting note

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You got deleted.

Must be a conspiracy!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Logically everything you said makes sense.

However, Operation Northwoods has shown that as far back as 1962 the US Joint Chiefs of Staff were willing to fabricate fake victims of a Cuban attack to carry out their agenda.

Yes, Kennedy rejected the plan, but the fact is they came up with the plan.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join