learn more

How to tell if you are Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by December21st2012
That is a perfect example of how some people take the text too literally. Interpreted it means that he is a very good speaker and basically puts the leaders of the nations in their place vocally.

Well, no the sword is the Word of God, but you are on to something. An alarming thing I've noticed over the years is how people tend to male the allegories literal and take the literals as allegories for some reason.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by racasan
Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goes forth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations

So maybe look for some kind of sword tongue attachment thingy

!

Funny you should say that. Look what I posted two days before you wrote that!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by December21st2012
That is a perfect example of how some people take the text too literally. Interpreted it means that he is a very good speaker and basically puts the leaders of the nations in their place vocally.

Well, no the sword is the Word of God, but you are on to something. An alarming thing I've noticed over the years is how people tend to male the allegories literal and take the literals as allegories for some reason.

Yeah, that tends to happen when you have unbelievers and muslims poking around in a book they are not meant to understand. Even some christians who deny the jewishness of christianity and where we come from and claiming that the OT is obsolete, completely miss the mark on the allegorical, and then you have the gnostics.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goes forth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations

So maybe look for some kind of sword tongue attachment thingy

LOL. You have got to be trolling.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by December21st2012

I can't say too much. Most of this is not from scripture and as thus, should not be taken literally. But...

Suppose that Satan spoke to God, as he is wont to do (if you don't believe me, read the book of Job), and similar to accusing Job of only loving God for his blessings, he accused Christ of only being perfect for having heavenly knowledge while he was here. So Christ being the almighty lover that he is says "no condition could change my perfection, for I know what things are good and evil in my heart."

As for a connection to His Father, that is easy. Father could simply manifest in human form and remain incognito to Jesus to guide him without revealing his true nature.

But this is all just speculation. So make of it what you will.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
asked the same question recently

The Son of Man has returned .. Spread the word

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by December21st2012

Oh what a let down and I was totally looking forward to that bit

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

maybe christians should decide which bits of the bible are serious and which bits are not (maybe a little smiley face next to the bits we are supposed to take seriously or something)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

maybe christians should decide which bits of the bible are serious and which bits are not (maybe a little smiley face next to the bits we are supposed to take seriously or something)

Most Christians already know what is the literal and what is allegory, it's generally the unbelievers who struggle. Most of the time a literary device will be preceded by either the words like or as. That's a start for you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join