It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atomic Bombings on Japan were war crimes and here is why!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
and if it started in 39 and we droped it on 45 there is still a very good chance they did work on it.

It started in 1945, NOT 1939

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

then fix wiki ^^

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

then fix wiki ^^

Why? Wiki is accurate, it states WW2 went from1939-1945, and Operation Paperclip started in the aftermath of WW2.

What do you think is wrong with wiki?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

because the link i gave you says it ran from 39-45 .......^^ hence why i said it.

it says in the aftermath of the war, misleading i know , tech, the war was with europe, that ended but japan had not given up yet and said it wouldnt. which is why we droped them to just end it.

Operation Paperclip was the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program used to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany for employment by the United States in the aftermath of World War II (1939–45).

so either im wrong, your wrong, or wiki is wrong, ( but i got material from there and it says 1939-45...we dropped the bomb in 45 ....... and before paperclip, the project before it was bring scientist to the country as well, they were to be returned after the war or killed, we kept them and it turned into paper clip. from 39-45.

it says aftermath of war, if last bomb was 45 and they are quoting 39-45 obviously they are talking about europe and not the whole war.
edit on 7-1-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

No, what it's saying is "in the aftermath of WWII (which ran from 1939-1945)". It's not saying Operation Paperclip, it's saying the war in general. Paperclip began in 1945, after the fall of Germany. WWII started in 1939 in Poland.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Operation Paperclip was the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) program used to recruit the scientists of Nazi Germany for employment by the United States in the aftermath of World War II (1939–45).

That is reminding Americans that WW2 ran from 1939-45

so either im wrong, your wrong, or wiki is wrong

Wiki is right, I am right, you are wrong.

, ( but i got material from there and it says 1939-45

That is just showing you when WW2 was....

it says aftermath of war,

2. A period of time following a disastrous event: in the aftermath of war.

www.thefreedictionary.com...
edit on 7-1-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

yah i dunno bruce says same thing , maybe im reading to dep into, screw wiki , ill get a real book, havent studied ww2 anything in 15+ years and war anything isnt my strong point...if im wrong then im sorry but it doesnt read that way to me lol

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ok i guess i dunno it just doesnt read that way to , i guess you are right, im not trying to fight anyone on the fact just really trying to figure it out lol

anyways ill concede /bow

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This should help clear it up.

www.operationpaperclip.info...
www.archives.gov...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

well i dont know about that i think you are making me more confused in the first paragraph

"Operation Paperclip was the codename under which the US intelligence and military services extricated scientists from Germany, during and after the final stages of World War II"

says "during" and after ww2 lol,,, are you sure you are trying to help? haha j/k

the second link does say 45 and on though, but most is about the scientist themselves and not the actual project..
i shall continue my quest for knowledge!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

There were a handful that defected during the war, in the late stages, because they didn't want Russia to get their hands on them. The majority of the ones that came over came from 1945 on, after Germany surrendered. The Germans, especially the scientists were terrified of the Russians getting them (some anyway, some scientists went to Russia), so once it was clear which way the wind was blowing, they surrendered to US troops to get away from the Russians.

Tessman is a good example. He was "evacuated" in 1943. Von Braun, Blome, and Rudolph were all arrested after the war and brought to the US.
edit on 1/7/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

"Operation Paperclip was the codename under which the US intelligence and military services extricated scientists from Germany, during and after the final stages of World War II"

says "during" and after ww2 lol,,,

During and after the FINAL STAGES of WW2. So it started in 1945 during the liberation of Europe, parts of Europe had been liberated, the Germans were being pushed back from both sides. Remember "D" Day happened on 6th June 1945

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

yah its starting to sink in, lol.. hrm all this time i thought they were brought over here to make the bomb and worked with einstein on manhatten. in any event im obviously wrong. and i never have a problem admitting that, im human ^9 most of the ww2 conspiracy stuff i was into when i was 12-15 im much older now heh and havent brushed up in a while.

to be honest it was like 430am/5 am and hadnt slept since i got home from work when i wrote it and im an insomniac, so sometimes when reading things my mind goes into fantasy world when i havent slept much... lol

im all about learning so if im wrong and its proven, i re-educate myself ^^ and now i know. thanx guys 8o)

and knowing is half the battle...gi joe!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
By the end of '44 the British had secretly informed Japan's ruling elite and emperor Hiroito of a new US superweapon (the atomic bomb) and that the Soviet Union was developing the same type of weapon already.
At that point Hiroito demanded to have Japan nuked to end WW2 and begin the cold war against the soviets.
The nuking of Hiroshima was meant to scare the Soviet Union away from the Kuril islands according to the royals in Japan.

Now, that didn't exactly work out as planned, did it?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
You're playing lawyer sitting in your comfy first world at-peace nation, smugly judging people for breaking laws during the Apocalypse...
edit on 8/7/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

You just make it up as you go, don't you.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Do you have any evidence for this? Hirohito "demanded" that Japan be nuked? What?!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It is his subtly way of trying to run down the US while claiming the USSR cant be stopped. Just smile and nod.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It always kinda grinds my gears when someone is playing lawyer and stuff criticizing people who living out the Apocalypse in real life, criticizing from the comfort of their chairs eating cheetos in their mom's basement in a first world country at peace in 2017.

Seriously -- you're gonna criticize someone for not caring about a treaty or some other piece of paper after 60+ million people have been killed? Unbelievable.
edit on 8/8/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The US was well justified in using Nukes against Japan. Who attacked who first? Japan wouldn't surrender, what should the US have done? If they didn't use Nukes, war would have raged on for many more years, and far more lives would have been lost. Japan was warned first, and they ignored the warnings. If anyone is to blame for the Nukes, it was the Japanese government. There is a reason Japan apologized for Pearl Harbor, they started the mess, not the US.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join