It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd the alien connection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hello everyone, after reading a post here on ATS about the mysteries of the moon and possible theory's on its existence/purpose I somehow got pointed towards a website that actually made a lot of sense to me in regards of a famously known early rock group PINK FLOYD...now please bear with me and forgive me if this information has been gone through once before here on ATS.

I would like you to visit this website read through it and reference all the noted tracks throughout Pink Floyd's career use Youtube to sample the time signatures in the noted tracks.

Pink Floyd's Secret Message?

Most notable is the song Echoes...being a guitarist myself I can easily understand how a guitar setup with the right equipment can mimic these "alien" sounds but the striking thing about all of this is that these messages or communications have been present throughout the bands whole career...it would take alot of premeditated thought and planning to have been unauthentic human made sounds?

What are your thoughts people? Having listened to this band for well over a decade ill never see them in the same light again..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Also interesting is that Kubrick wanted them to do the soundtrack for 2001. They declined but find a video of echoes layered over "Jupiter and beyond the infinite," the last chapter of the film.

Pretty sure David Gilmour is not an alien, which the site implies. An alien wouldn't play a Strat

Now Syd Barrett on the other hand..
edit on 22-12-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DieSektor

I always took Echoes as being Dave's rendition of whale songs.

A lot of the early stuff was induced by psychedelics and post-Syd they carried on experimenting with drugs and sound till at least The Wall when they all fell out.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What "alien" sound? Do they mean Roger Waters' "eagle scream", as heard at around 1:16?

edit on 22-12-2012 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
as one can see from my signature i'm a great fan of pink floyd.. i mean literally they have veen present in my life throughout my work ..studies...and chillx times before sleep....

I have to admit I always felt the connection between floyd and outer space..and I can tell by facts that im not alone..since you can see how many youtube videos are presented with a video on space....including the mystical space odyssey full echoes 20mins song

i will then promise you that i wil lok into the link you provided to have a look..

in the meantime i suggest leaving a gift for those who will enjoy some good music

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON
Watch link above!

After watching this video for "Dark Side of The Moon" really makes you wonder especially the part of the video that shows something moving submerged underwater on what appears to be the dark side of the moon.

There's no question here it's undeniable Pink Floyd has attempted to show humanity "their" scope on life and just what the hell is being kept secret from us.

Remember this band flourished in a day and age where the use of psychoactive substances were not as highly frowned upon and strictly regulated. I believe this is the key. Now look at them vs us living in a day and age where extremely advanced technology is at our disposal. We fall into the matrix of these "technologies" and are taught to stay away from these "evil" frowned upon substances. They want us to not be
Able to see through bull# propaganda and be able to connect on a plane of virtually infinite possibilities of thought and motivation to better ourselves and our planet....it's hard to explain
edit on 22-12-2012 by DieSektor because: Fixed video link

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I always figured Floyd would be scrutinized someday, in the same way the Beatles were. Lets just hope some nutcase doesn't run with it the way Manson did.

I was aware of the sound, and always figured it was more of a signature for the band, than an alien mating call.
But who knows. Maybe Gilmour is into the alien thing.

Interesting thread OP. S&F.
edit on 12/22/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A Momentary Lapse of Reason always solidified the connection for me. S&F for your thread!

Originally posted by DieSektor
Hello everyone, after reading a post here on ATS about the mysteries of the moon and possible theory's on its existence/purpose I somehow got pointed towards a website that actually made a lot of sense to me in regards of a famously known early rock group PINK FLOYD...now please bear with me and forgive me if this information has been gone through once before here on ATS.

I would like you to visit this website read through it and reference all the noted tracks throughout Pink Floyd's career use Youtube to sample the time signatures in the noted tracks.

Pink Floyd's Secret Message?

Most notable is the song Echoes...being a guitarist myself I can easily understand how a guitar setup with the right equipment can mimic these "alien" sounds but the striking thing about all of this is that these messages or communications have been present throughout the bands whole career...it would take alot of premeditated thought and planning to have been unauthentic human made sounds?

What are your thoughts people? Having listened to this band for well over a decade ill never see them in the same light again..

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
sorry but to say that pink floyd were aliens and that they changed syd on the dark side of the moon..all because pink floyd has a wonderful noise....

let us be proud us as humans are able to produce such good quality tunes

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So that's what it was ! Alien sounds , I thought it was all the pot I smoked over the years that screwed with my head !!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I'm sorry but as a massive fan of Pink Floyd since The Dark Side Of The Moon sold about a gazillion copies back in the 1970s,I can only see them for what they are and that is the worlds most original and talented rock band.I can't hear these so called alien sounds,in fact because to the best of my knowledge no one on earth has ever heard the sounds an alien makes how would we know if we're hearing alien sounds or not?
The secret messages if you wind the record backwards that never were in the least bit secret are very well documented and can easily be found,but despite listening to the passages mentioned,I still can't hear anything other than one of Gilmour's legendary guitar solos.
You know about the one on The Wall don't you? Can't remember which track,but when played backwards says something like "congratulations on discovering the secret message,send your answers care of Mr Pink to the funny farm".Again nothing to do with aliens,just a clever part of the whole ethos behind Floyd and their concept albums.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Another person trying to see a conspiracy where there is none

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieSektor

After watching this video for "Dark Side of The Moon" really makes you wonder especially the part of the video that shows something moving submerged underwater on what appears to be the dark side of the moon.

What makes you think that

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I've been listening to Pink Floyd since 1971 and been a avid fans since then. I've heard most of the rumors & read a couple of biographies of the band. This is one of the LEAST intriguing things about this band. It's also one of the thinnest theories & longest reaches for a conspiratorial alien connection. This guy's website explains nothing, draws conclusion that are less than paper thin. Because David Gilmour has a signature guitar sound that he used on a few songs, so does almost every successful guitarist alive. In fact Gilmour has several sounds he developed that is signature to Pink Floyd. Like the movie anxiety build up you hear in the beginning of Shine on You Crazy Diamond. David show cased this sound on his solo DVD David Gilmour in concert. This sound shows up more in their music than the "alien" sound Gilmour developed but where does the creator of the website get the leap from a signature guitar sound to aliens??? Too far of a leap to make anyone go along with the writer. There is no indication that Kubrick wanted Pink Floyd to do 2001 but Roger Waters did approach Kubrick on another project which never came close to fruition.

www.visual-memory.co.uk...

DaTroof points out an alien sound that Roger makes with his voice in a couple of songs but hell, my brother used to do this when we were kids. There are a lot of great, strange stories concerning Pink Floyd but this isn't one of them.
Has anyone else put on Wizard of Oz & DSOTM together? I have with some friends of mine & were blown away with some of the lyrical precision fitting with the action in the movie. Even after starting the CD over for a second time it matched up with the action. When the Tin Man & scarecrow are hiding outside of the Castle, the guards with blades raise them from behind the heroes just when the band sings:
You raise the blade, you make the change, you rearrange me till I'm sane.
It gives you chills because up until that time in the movie you have already witnessed 30-40 "synchronities" between the album & movie. Of course there were no Beta/VHS tapes of the movie to synchronize with in the studio.
Like I said, look into the background of this band (Saucer full of Secrets book) and this contrived mystery looks pedestrian in comparison. There are at least 5 intriguing mysteries with this band without having to make the huge leap that David Gilmour is communicating with aliens on behalf of this band. If it were close to being true I would have hoped the Moon people would have kept Roger Water's ego in check so that they could have completed 5-6 more masterpieces before breaking up.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
What about all other bands that used similar sounds?

There was much experimenting (both with sounds and chemicals) at the time, some resulted in good things, some in boring music, but I don't think Aliens were involved.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Check out this Orb remix of Echoes. In fact all of The Orbs remixes of Pink Floyd are good.

And look at the album art....interesting

~Rev

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If you watch them produce their albums you will understand they are not aliens, they were human music innovators and the best of their time.

Anything else is made up fiction based on no facts at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Hidden within the squeal of that guitar is the exact sound that the moon monsters make.

No, that is incorrect, and that entire article is meant to mislead from the disastrous truth that the alien sound is actually hidden within the squeal of Karen Carpenter's voice.

But you have to listen very carefully...

See!!!!?

Syd was actually taken to the dark side of the moon, where the aliens that have lived inside of Pink Floyd's music for all these years originated from.

rateyourmusic.com...

I knew it.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Xoanon because:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
the aliens have evolved...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius
Has anyone else put on Wizard of Oz & DSOTM together? I have with some friends of mine & were blown away with some of the lyrical precision fitting with the action in the movie. Even after starting the CD over for a second time it matched up with the action. When the Tin Man & scarecrow are hiding outside of the Castle, the guards with blades raise them from behind the heroes just when the band sings:
You raise the blade, you make the change, you rearrange me till I'm sane.
It gives you chills because up until that time in the movie you have already witnessed 30-40 "synchronities" between the album & movie. Of course there were no Beta/VHS tapes of the movie to synchronize with in the studio.

Alan Parsons was the engineer on DSOTM, and if anybody could pull off that kind of mathematical/musical precision Parsons definately could. I heard an interview with Waters and Barret from the sixties once, and apparently when Pink Floyd first started out they were known to play films on a screen behind them during their act. ...I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that was the the seed that planted 'Dark Side of the Rainbow'.
Huge Floyd Fan here.
Anybody solve the riddle of the Division Bell yet? That was an interesting rumor that if I'm not mistaken was actually confirmed by Gilmore a while back.
edit on 22-12-2012 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join