It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Adam Lanza only had a knife...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If he only had a knife, this whole thing would have been one or two casualties before he was over whelmed. This culture of gun worship and general "Make my day, punk" attitude ends up creating people and events like this. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. You people make yourselves look foolish. You do more harm than good, and you make the real, actual conspiracies look foolish in association.
Way to trivialize a tragedy. I hate yankees. I HATE yankees. Yet I'm not delusional and absolutely deranged enough to claim that the federal government would slaughter dozens of it's own yankees for reasons that only make sense to an incompetent bond villain. Grow some critical thinking skills. You people make me sick to my stomach.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter42
I hate yankees. I HATE yankees. Yet I'm not delusional and absolutely deranged enough to claim that the federal government would slaughter dozens of it's own yankees for reasons that only make sense to an incompetent bond villain.

You need better critical thinking skills, if all your thoughts lead to is hate..

Operation Northwoods

Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".

edit on 12/22/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm sure knife versus gun made all the difference, right?

Stabbings are the most common form of murder in Britain, where firearms — except certain shotguns and sporting rifles — are outlawed. Most police officers in Britain do not carry firearms.
Source
edit on 12/22/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If he only had a knife and decided he wanted to kill a large number of people...

..he would have made a bomb.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
One thing people seem to forget is that the guns are already out there.

Taking guns away from people only means that the people that shouldn't have guns will have them and people that should have guns won't have them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Hrm. Let's see, the exact same day Adam Lanza went to a school and killed 26 people with a gun, someone else in China went into a school too. He killed 22 people. With a knife.

The Daily Beast

A person with a knife is a threat to multiple targets. A person with a knife is a threat to you at a distance of 40 feet.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I realize I'm being a bit hypocritical, but let's all ignore this BS. I'll take the scorn but send it via U2U and don't post in this thread. Stop giving these types satisfaction. IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Grow some critical thinking skills. You people make me sick to my stomach.

I can't believe the egotistical tone of your post either. Grow some critical thinking skills? You and the two people who gave you stars for your bogus theory might want to exercise some critical thinking of your own. And maybe get more educated on knife attacks.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
And blown his own hands off. And Britain's crime rates are cute, and quaint compared to America's big boy murders. It's like a child, trying to walk in Daddy's shoes. This ain't a false flag, it ain't 9/11 or the October Surprise, and there's no money to be made in a gun ban. There's too much money being pumped into the political machines by arms manufacturers.

Anyone remember Waco? The killer's still at large! It's a real, live bonafide Government killing spree. Lon Horiuchi's still out there, still alive. Anyone remember the name Vicki Weaver? She was murdered by the government. But they did it while wearing badges. I seen a video where four cops beat down a guy, cuff him, and then one of them shoots him in the head.

But nope, obviously, they're gonna send a teenager to do this. I mean, if I were Blofel-... I mean Obama, that's who I'd send. I mean, this is obviously one of the lousier bond movies, so that's an obvious move there.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A little practical application of the whole "chicken and egg" scenario would do the world a whole lot of good.

Q: Who is more likely to use a gun: (A) the legal, registered owner of a firearm; or (B) a criminal?
A: Common sense suggests (B), but you can't rule out (A) if (A) is threatened by (B).

Mind you, (B) was the UK, as far as (A) was concerned with a couple-hundred or so years ago.

edit on 12/22/2012 by abecedarian because: formatting

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
That's really black and white. It's a false dichotomy. You're saying it's a 50/50 coin type thing. Not true. In reality, you've got a cop with a gun, a criminal with a gun, a gun owner with a gun, a corrupt cop with a gun shooting minorities and planting drop weapons on them, you've got a crip with a gun, you've got one of the Los Zetas with a gun, you've got survival preppers with tons of guns, and you've got a psychotic kid who's stolen his parent's guns and uses them to massacre a school. It's not nearly black and white.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

That's really black and white. It's a false dichotomy. You're saying it's a 50/50 coin type thing. Not true. In reality, you've got a cop with a gun, a criminal with a gun, a gun owner with a gun, a corrupt cop with a gun shooting minorities and planting drop weapons on them, you've got a crip with a gun, you've got one of the Los Zetas with a gun, you've got survival preppers with tons of guns, and you've got a psychotic kid who's stolen his parent's guns and uses them to massacre a school. It's not nearly black and white.

So what ratios are you saying applies, considering you talked yourself around in a circle involving 11-12 aspects, yet started out with "dichotomy", implying two sides...?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The BEST way to protect yourself against someone with a gun, is to have a gun yourself.

The teacher is entrusted with the care and protection of the kids in the classroom.

There's no guarantee a call to the police will be responded to in time to save the kids in your classroom... whether the assailant wields a knife or gun.

Make your own logical conclusion.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm saying there isn't a ratio. There's no definite situation. This isn't cops and robbers, nation-wide edition. This is real #ing life.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I'm saying there isn't a ratio. There's no definite situation. This isn't cops and robbers, nation-wide edition. This is real #ing life.

So, being real life, you'd rather have what at your disposal: knife or gun?
You know, considering YOUR life is at stake....

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia

Hrm. Let's see, the exact same day Adam Lanza went to a school and killed 26 people with a gun, someone else in China went into a school too. He killed 22 people. With a knife.

The Daily Beast

A person with a knife is a threat to multiple targets. A person with a knife is a threat to you at a distance of 40 feet.

Wounded. I'm all sorts of gun loving but come on.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The Daily Beast

Ah, my bad. I am misreading. Okay, he stabbed a shirt ton of folks with a knife. Lots lived.
edit on 12/22/12 by Ameilia because: to correct my misinformation

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Oh, we got Dirty Harry here, giving himself the ol' truffle shuffle over thoughts about killing off one of them lower class minority criminals here. I have several knives around the house.

It just so turns out that these high capacity, massacre capable weapons are pretty damned expensive. You can't get too far through a massacre with a #ty saturday night special. Adam Lanza had rich parents, and bushmasters and reliable pistols don't come cheap. This is a story about the upper class massacring the middle and lower class, but because the news and the public refuses to acknowledge that, they've turned it into something it isn't.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

The Daily Beast

Ah, my bad. I am misreading. Okay, he stabbed a shirt ton of folks with a knife. Lots lived.
edit on 12/22/12 by Ameilia because: to correct my misinformation

Nice edit.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

This is a story about the upper class massacring the middle and lower class, but because the news and the public refuses to acknowledge that, they've turned it into something it isn't.

Come back when you have your facts straight and answer my question from this post

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join