It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

It's a bad idea because these are SCHOOLS that we're talking about.

And either way, whether you have gun control or armed guards, you're still getting totalitarianism!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
Maybe people should ask kids in higher grades what would make them feel safer.

I went to an inner city school. We had every kind of marked/unmarked cop walking our halls. The threat for us didn't come from outside, it was the students.

A female cop would unlock the bathroom door and would stand outside until we were done. Despite the fact I was a rebellious teen who disliked cops I was glad to see them at school and felt safer.

There were no shootings at my school. A rape, the severe beating of a blind student and the widespread destruction of bathroom porcelain with hammers is what brought LE in.

People living in crime ridden cities have lived this way forever. I'm sorry but the inner city is coming to suburbia.

Many people in my area fled to the suburbs because of crime. They were safe for awhile but they didn't get far enough away, the criminals followed them. Not only did the fleeing numbers cause total economic ruin for my city it did nothing to address the problem of violence. Running from a problem or pretending it away solves nothing.

Until we get a better handle on violent people innocent children are in real danger. We can either bury them or protect them. The alternative is separating violent/antisocial individuals from society permanently. Unfortunately people feel too sorry for them to do that.

edit on 12-22-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

Until a true cause (s) can be determined for the problem of violence only bandaide solutions will be offered. I see alot of scapegoats including guns. What drives the violence in the first place? America's prison population is reported to be the LARGEST in the entire world and still growing and the violence just keeps continuing (though some stats show a lessening). With the apparant reversal (or lessening) in states repealing prohibiton laws, it will be ineteresting to see how that affects violent crime over time. Some places appear to already be showing a reduction. With parts of the black market dried up and a possible lessening for 'turf' battles, perhaps it will be a start.
edit on 22-12-2012 by Tecumte because: txt add.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I don't think I agree with you. These school shooting happen every once in a while, band robberies happen all the time, and usually the robber has a gun. I think that's why banks have armed guards. I really don't think the police handle bank robberies and these mass shooting with any different amount of zeal.

As far as 9-11, completely don't agree with you there and don't want to get in to it, please

Actually school shootings happen more often, no guards are present, and the incidents are over-sensationalised with little factual cross-checking going on. It helps to serve as much fear mongering as possible for very strict gun laws to take effect. Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Bank robberies used to be more frequent decades ago, but silent alarms and covert cameras make a successful bank robbery very difficult. Unless you mean bank robberies in some banana republic "third world" countries.

9-11-2001 was false flag and the numerology alone proves it. Nevermind the other inconsistencies. You don't want to talk about it? Fine. Lets agree to disagree!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

I just had an interesting thought after reading your reply...

I wonder how many of the "criminals" we currently have incarcerated, would be considered criminals, 100 years ago? It seems to me, that the justice system has been perverted and distorted into a major money making machine, and is probably more the latter, than it is the societal corrective force, that it was intended to be.

I mean, there definitely exists, an element of society that should be removed from it, but how many drug users, and dead beats, make up the populations of our jails and prisons? If we found a better way to deal with the petty stuff, than funding the PO's and the courts of this country, wouldn't that free up some tax base, for more important things, like mental health???

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by acuna
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I don't think I agree with you. These school shooting happen every once in a while, band robberies happen all the time, and usually the robber has a gun. I think that's why banks have armed guards. I really don't think the police handle bank robberies and these mass shooting with any different amount of zeal.

As far as 9-11, completely don't agree with you there and don't want to get in to it, please

Actually school shootings happen more often, no guards are present, and the incidents are over-sensationalised with little factual cross-checking going on. It helps to serve as much fear mongering as possible for very strict gun laws to take effect. Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Bank robberies used to be more frequent decades ago, but silent alarms and covert cameras make a successful bank robbery very difficult. Unless you mean bank robberies in some banana republic "third world" countries.

9-11-2001 was false flag and the numerology alone proves it. Nevermind the other inconsistencies. You don't want to talk about it? Fine. Lets agree to disagree!

It helps to serve as much fear mongering as possible for very strict gun laws to take effect. Problem-Reaction-Solution.

It absolutely does, and it''s being used around the world in country after country to do just that. While likely not ALL of these shootings both in schools and malls and theatres are staged/aided/provoked, the shear number of them and timing and the actors and acts are just absolutely unbelievable to me, as far as 'lone gun nuts'. Just isn't believable. Way too many inconsistancies and that's just in this ONE latest tragedy, not to mention when one views them all together (some well done compilations right here on ATS). This reeks way too strongly of manipulation to serve an Agenda.

edit on 22-12-2012 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Exactly! Anyone who has spent countless hours searching conspiracy topics finds little room for comfort. How would people react knowing hell was underground bases(about 500 feet below us) full of mind reading aliens hell bent on depopulating 90% of the population via manufacture wars based on manufactured hate based on exaggerated divisions?

I had to give up conspiracy theories years ago just to maintain my sanity and try to live a normal life. Some stuff is horrifying and mind boggling. Just look at the controlled media who spouts endless propaganda to make day into night, and look at so called conspiracy/alternative sites absolutely infiltrated by agents of chaos/destruction. What is hard to know is who is the illuminati and who are the reptillians. Anyway we are going off-topic....I am!

Hopefully the second amendment will not become fully dilluted to european standards.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by Tecumte

I just had an interesting thought after reading your reply...

I wonder how many of the "criminals" we currently have incarcerated, would be considered criminals, 100 years ago? It seems to me, that the justice system has been perverted and distorted into a major money making machine, and is probably more the latter, than it is the societal corrective force, that it was intended to be.

I mean, there definitely exists, an element of society that should be removed from it, but how many drug users, and dead beats, make up the populations of our jails and prisons? If we found a better way to deal with the petty stuff, than funding the PO's and the courts of this country, wouldn't that free up some tax base, for more important things, like mental health???

Well perhaps it's oxymoronic but after all what causes more crime?----- More laws. It would be interesting to see a graph from the last 100 years as to what percentage of our population has some kind of 'record' perhaps even from the most innocious things, compared to our g-g-grandparents or their parents, I sometimes picture Jefferson on his horse out for ride, carrying his gun, getting stopped by a cop asking why he isn't wearing a helmet, why he's speeding, does he have proof of insurance, and why his horse doesn't have the required reflective gear, and that he's going to have to pay a fine. Does getting sucked into the prison complex from an overabundance of 'petty' laws make violence WORSE? Is one likely to be more violent after prison or less?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
It IS effective to have armed guards at schools.

no. not true.

there was an armed officer on site at columbine on day of massacre

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

no. not true.

There was? What was he doing? I don't recall it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

no. not true.

he made no difference.

read all about it. edition.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

no. not true.

ONE armed guard?

NO WONDER he/she was not effective!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Looks like there will be change to gun laws.

Lot of people demanding it.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ONE armed guard?

america cannot afford to put one armed guard in every school and you think there should be more than one? hows that gonna work.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Camperguy

You can make some really badass slingshots these days. My crazy one, I made from a spare piece of oak flooring, it can put a rock through a coconut
Downside is, it is pretty hard to aim.

Growing up in the country is boring, we made stuff out of spare found junk, it gave us amazing imaginations I think.
edit on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:45:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

ONE armed guard?

america cannot afford to put one armed guard in every school and you think there should be more than one? hows that gonna work.

You are not the one to determine what america can afford, much less what each school district or college can afford. Who do you think you are? Curious!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

no. not true.

he made no difference.

read all about it. edition.cnn.com...

Sounded like absolute chaos. Sounded very 'professional'. Be easy to imagine any extras blending into the scenery.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Looks like there will be change to gun laws.

Lot of people demanding it.

It seems you are the first one to demand it. Most respectful gun owners and those that know how corrupt the real world is, are totally against more gun laws. They are already too restrictive with chicken # legislation and burdensome fees.

And what is "many"? Is it the same "many" that determine who is allowed to participate in the presidential debates? You know the 1,200 polling sample of hockey moms being called and the networks using these unbelievably erroneous figures to justify the perpetual democrat and republican dynasty.

You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading lies!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Look nothing will ever be 100% certain. No one will ever be able to be prepared for every eventuality. We have had to deal with crazy people all through history. The recent killings seem to me more spur of the moment however this video demonstrates that crazy’s will plan ahead as well. This video is a perfect demonstration of how you can’t blame the tools. Should we ban bulldozers? BTW the weapons he had were not assault rifles he actually had a bolt action in there. Reporters can sensationalize things even more with incorrect terminology.

My state is voting to put armed guards at schools many have had them for a very long time. There is no guarantee that this measure will prevent another tragedy like SH but it at least gives them a fighting chance. We protect the things we believe to be valuable that’s why banks will have security I believe the children are far more valuable than any amount of money so it is only common sense to protect them. I would like to see several police at our schools I had them at many schools I went to and it served multiple purposes one was improving relations between kids and police. I was friends with one even though I was a troublemaker he was kind and offered good advice. Face it there isn’t going to be a repeal of the 2nd amendment in any way. There will probably be nothing done to improve the mental healthcare system the only common sense thing to do is protect those we love.

Even if there was a ban on certain weapons it would do nothing to affect the ones already on the market many people like me have acquired all of their weapons through private sales where I didn’t need to register a single one. Laws do not faze criminals it is absurd to think otherwise. Placing security at all schools is a deterrent and a measure of protection. We will never be able to guarantee the safety of everyone the only place I can say is 100% secure would be Fort Knox but at least some measure like armed security is better than none.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

If the idiot theory of more guns = more killing, than why is it the places with the most guns, country areas, have no killings? And the places that have the least guns, like big cities, have the most killings?

I have a theory myself after living in white plains. People in cities seem radiate paranoia and frustration. Being packed in buses and subways with these people effected my mood bigtime. When you have all these people packed on top of one another like sardines, and so much negative energy, it's like a powderkeg just waiting to blow.

I will never live in a city again. I prefer the country, where we actually know, interact and trust all of our neighbors. Even the people I don't particularly like, push comes to shove, I will protect them, and they would do the same for me. All the kids are safe here, to roam around, build treeforts in the woods and fun stuff, without having to worry about them getting snatched away.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Basic self defense courses should be free and mandatory for all kids. Not only is it good to have them know how to defend themselves, martial arts promotes discipline and control as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join