It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

i am not spreading lies sir.

many people are know demanding a change. its that simple.

you seem threatened by your angry reaction. scared even?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Tahnya86

If the idiot theory of more guns = more killing, than why is it the places with the most guns, country areas, have no killings? And the places that have the least guns, like big cities, have the most killings?

I have a theory myself after living in white plains. People in cities seem radiate paranoia and frustration. Being packed in buses and subways with these people effected my mood bigtime. When you have all these people packed on top of one another like sardines, and so much negative energy, it's like a powderkeg just waiting to blow.

I will never live in a city again. I prefer the country, where we actually know, interact and trust all of our neighbors. Even the people I don't particularly like, push comes to shove, I will protect them, and they would do the same for me. All the kids are safe here, to roam around, build treeforts in the woods and fun stuff, without having to worry about them getting snatched away.

As big as the big apple is it is actually very mellow compared to washington dc and detroit. I used to walk the streets of manhattan and queens after midnight quite often back in the early to mid 90s. Been to 42 street and got hussled as well. LOL! Still love the city.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

i am not spreading lies sir.

many people are know demanding a change. its that simple.

you seem threatened by your angry reaction. scared even?

I would substitute "many" for "some" and include "imo" as well.

Kids who grew up over-nurtured and became naive want more gun laws. I bet they want all guns banned as well. Not suprised!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Vocal minority.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

The only place that I really liked in NYC was MSG. That area was pretty decent, but then it's the tourist trap area, very safe. The area I lived in white plains was not so nice, only rich can afford to live in the nice areas

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Kids who grew up over-nurtured and became naive want more gun laws. I bet they want all guns banned as well. Not suprised!

50 percent of Americans say gun laws should be made more strict than they are now.

Support for banning semi-automatic weapons (51 percent to 33 percent) as well as magazine clips holding more than 10 rounds (54 percent to 32 percent).
www.huffingtonpost.com...

That's more than some.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Great, armed guards at schools because TSA has worked out so great at airports.

We don't need armed guards, we need education and responsible gun ownership. The kid from Newtown and the kids from Columbine got their weapons from a parent or grandparent. It was up to them to ensure their firearms were protected and to educate their kids on responsible use. If, like the mother in Newtown, a gun owner does not feel his/her kid is responsible enough to handle a firearm, then they need to be locked safely away so they can not gain access.

This is just another way for us to lose more of our freedoms. Pretty soon the citizens will be demanding that our kids are thoroughly searched before entering any school.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
What if the security guard had a bad day and a student over reacts and the security guard pops a bullet in his head?

What if the security guard is on drugs or looses his mind?

Why not arm them with guns that use rubber bullets, arm them with pepper spray, and stun guns? It's a whole lot more safer and trustworthy than a gun with real clips
edit on 22-12-2012 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

Deos anybody realize that America has done this for over 17 years. Besides Columbine how many of these schools had armed sherrif's deputies in the school? Yet we don't hear about kids stealing guns from cops, cops shooting kids because the cop is on drugs, or any of the other doomsday scenario's you people are painting.

It is just like when Florida and Texas passed concealed carry. The anti-gun crowds swore there would be shootouts over parking spaces and the roads would run red with blood. The murder rate dropped. After a few years a study showed; licensed concealed carry holders are actually six times less likely to be arrested for any violent offense.

A fear of guns does not make your imagination reality.

You want to make schools safer? Make it so that CCP holders can carry on school grounds. The stipulation is they have to take an eight hour class that teaches safe gun handling, a class that teaches use of force laws, and pass a shooting test at 3, 7, 10, and 12 yards. Their license would be marked differently on the card and in the state system. Once they get to that point, they can carry anywhere except jails, mental hospitals, and court houses.

No money out of the city's pocket, the county generates modest revenue every four years to keep existing officer's in schools, and it adds a negative incentive for this type of crime. Parents could do it while there kids are in school and let it lapse when they leave and teachers could do it until retirement. It would be optional and we wouldn't have to increase the power of the central government one bit.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I heard on the radio earlier that 2 states I think one of them is Tennessee are going to start training teachers and faculty staff gun training and have them carry during school. They also said they will keep it a secret of how many teachers are armed and of which ones so nobody can get the jump on them. I think they should do this all around the country.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

50 percent of Americans say gun laws should be made more strict than they are now.

Support for banning semi-automatic weapons (51 percent to 33 percent) as well as magazine clips holding more than 10 rounds (54 percent to 32 percent).
www.huffingtonpost.com...

That's more than some.

But we have no idea how big the polling sample was or even if the results were clean, aka unmanipulated.

I don't trust polls because statistics and luck are blind. I remember starting a thread about the presidential debate requirements and some people insisted that 1,200 people out of a population of over 300 million was somehow accurate. Just how difficult can it be for those 1,200 to be all republican or all democrat, and/or none libertarian or green? Even one chance is one too many!

Some people way up have a gun banning agenda in mind, and then a world war 3 "protocols of zion" agenda soon follows when no one can stop this rogue government. The second amendment was to stop rogue governments and had little to do with hunting or sport shooting. just saying what every american should know of.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

National Retard Association

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Find comfort in that the number of uneducated zealots who buy the NRA propaganda...is shrinking.

Less American homes have guns, than ever. And after recent events, the number should start sinking like a rock.

Nixie....i respect you and your opinion. At least, up until this point.

Would you call me ignorant or uneducated? Would you think me a zealot?

After recent events guns have flown off the shelves. I would be interested in seeing your source for the claim of statistical knowledge here. Less American homes have guns? If that is true, the only reason I can think for it would be that more American citizens are living in cities (which is logical, as population grows).

But when you say "less"....do you mean as a percentage? Overall? New gun owners? What does "less represent? I guess if you could provide the source for this information for you, the context would be better.

But in the interim, I would like to completely dismantle your attempt to paint gun owners as being intellectually inferior to you. Because it is just absolutely not true.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I knew that would exactly what they were going to say. The NRA is very predictable these days. They keep the same old line when it comes to guns in America. More guns equals a safer society.

Well, I am against a ban on guns but we have to look at how to make our society better. Has our modern society really benefited from having almost no regulation on guns? I know there are a lot of people worried about `they are coming for our guns! NWO is here!` I understand that because I don`t trust the government 100 percent as well. Yet, government is a fact of life for humans. There have been government almost as long as there has been humans. Government is a tool used by us humans to have a ordered society. We need government just as much as government needs us. The problem is that, in modern society, we have problems that we cannot fix with a `everyone for themselves` attitude.

I know that most leaders are dirty as their hides will hold them. Yet, I also believe that we can have guns and regulation which makes our society better. We need to decide which guns we need and which guns we don`t need so society will be better.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Fireman205253

well yes there was also the big bikie shootout but my point being is, americas masacre and gun violence history is more recent then australias, i get it, americans dont want to be disarmed, they probebly wont disarm you completely, people will still have guns just not 18 yr olds and 20 yr olds who can buy what ever they like, so not any joe psycopath can walk in and buy a gun then wait abit then go kill many people, australias customs officials have been found to be allowing importation of wepons so that explains our gun crime but that will stop.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think the NRA suggestion was brilliant. I only wish they would have given credit where it was due. Guess it's ok when a Democrat proposes it. (Yeah, President Clinton announced this on April 16, 2000.)

Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police To Schools

Clinton Pledges Funds to Add Police to Schools

WASHINGTON — Marking the first anniversary of the shooting deaths at Columbine High School, President Clinton announced $120 million in new federal grants Saturday to place more police officers in schools and help even the youngest kids cope with their problems.

Clinton also unveiled the $60-million fifth round of funding for "COPS in School," a Justice Department program that helps pay the costs of placing police officers in schools to help make them safer for students and teachers. The money will be used to provide 452 officers in schools in more than 220 communities.

"Already, it has placed 2,200 officers in more than 1,000 communities across our nation, where they are heightening school safety as well as coaching sports and acting as mentors and mediators for kids in need," Clinton said.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Gather 10 million people together with sticks and stones attacking the White House, and the US military would not have a hope in hell against them.

The government would suddenly tuck tail and start making the changes people are demanding.

Why ?

Because the US military/government would not start bombing their own unarmed civilians, the rest of the world would attack them for doing so. Hell, we go into other countries and attack them for doing just that... what we call "dictators" and "tyrants" and "guerrillas" and "terrorists".

The US military/government isn't stupid, they know what the outcome would be if they laid out a full scale attack on unarmed citizens.

Gather those same 10 million people together with guns attacking the White House and the game changes drastically. Blood shed against the civilians and the justification of doing so now becomes "okay" due to the true violent threat they are now wielding in the form of guns... now they become the "terrorists", now they threaten the "safety" of the country as a whole.

You don't need guns to fight tyranny, in fact they're counterproductive in this case... you just need the masses to work together as one, with or without sticks and stones.

... but of course, the jist and context of what I'm saying will be completely ignored by the ongoing mantra of "Moar guns !!!"

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

School shootings happen more often than bank robberies?

School Shooting stats:
www.infoplease.com...

Bank Robbery Stats (successful or not):
www.fbi.gov...

If a school wants an armed guard the parents are ok with it by all means have an armed guard but don't mandate the every school have one

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Americans and their love affair with guns - don't you folks get it? There are over 10,ooo dead Americans because you "need" to have guns.

Countries with gun control laws have - what? maybe 1000 or less dead by gunshot. I always thought Americans were educated - on this one they are dumber than doornails! Try it for 5 years and if there is no difference - re-arm to the teeth again. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

This ain't the gun-tottin' wild west no more - that's only Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying that more of the American population, doesn't want guns. I would like to know where they get this info. I live in the sticks and I haven't seen anyone coming around asking what my community thinks. I would venture to say that nobody cares what any rural areas views are. The cities are not a true representation of the USA. But I figure no one cares what all us hillbillies in sticks think. I suppose when people say ignorant, uneducated, redneck, and patriots they must be referring to all country folk outside the big cities. Those that have the nerve to call someone ignorant, need to check the mirror. By the way, we have guns in the country and we need them. A promise to all city people, and people from other countries, come out to the sticks where I am, and you will see why we need guns. But I don't expect any of you will, cause I doubt you could handle it for very long.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join