It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Good idea!

There needs to be bullet proof glass, armed guards away from the school and medical detectors. This way a visitor can't get near the school without passing through a detector as well as older students.

The fact is gun control is stupid. There will never be gun control in America just like you don't have drug control. The fact is we have a 2nd Amendment and sadly we are a violent culture. So if you ban guns you will just be creating gun cartels like we have drug cartels. Criminals will control the guns you ban in America.

The key is stopping guns from going where there most destructive. Gangs, ex-criminals and the mentally disturbed.

It's funny how liberals yell for gun control out of one breathe and then yell legalize drugs out of the other. I think we should legalize drugs and prostitution. If so, you can begin to remove some of the criminal element in these areas.

So banning guns is just stupid. There will never be gun control in America because the guns you ban will be controlled by criminals.

Think of the war on drugs, war on crime, war on poverty. Governments can't control these things and billions will be wasted and more lives lost when they try to control them. This is the same with guns.
edit on 22-12-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Sounds like a great set up! Paranoid? Not these days! The one dog here is pretty good about barking an alarm, and she may be small, but she's tough. Half Brittany spaniel, and half chocolate lab, and she acts like she's got her daddy's muscle all in her smaller form! Blasted dog has broken several collars, including leather! The other one is part #zu, and basically a furry little pet, though he will bark on occasion.

Your system sounds like good neighbors to me!

My damn dog is a husky and I had my car broken into right in my drive way, you think she would bark? No...5k later it was back to normal.

Well that was a wakeup call to me. The cops said, "ya these guys have hit 40 plus houses in the last few months" Well I didn't know that before, would have been nice if they put out a warning.

That took me down the path that when seconds count cops are minutes away, or not there at all, but to fill out the aftermath paperwork. There is only one person who really cares about you and your family, and that is you. When you go to the emergency room you are a slab of meat they will work on, and you are just a report to a cop.

That kind of bothers me not i9n a way that they should in some way care, but in a way that maybe I don't care enough, so that is why I got the latest alarms, setup personal neighborhood watch where we look out for each other, have a select group of friends (all of us ex mil) that can and will come together in a time of great need, AND YES HAVE MY GUNS...and know how to use them extremely well, and my family is not bad either.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Good idea!

There needs to be bullet proof glass, armed guards away from the school and medical detectors. This way a visitor can't get near the school without passing through a detector as well as older students.

I would bet that if they setup a single entry point with an armed guard and teachers who are willing and capable are allowed to carry you would not see a single case of some crazy going to a school.

A metal detector turned up high to go off on a full size gun is just icing on the cake. Many schools back east and in the south already do this due to the bad influence in the neighborhoods.

Someone a while back asked when was the last time a group of thugs/gangbangers hit a school in a mass killing...it doesn't happen because the schools in those areas are already prepared due to the environment. Now a school like in my area where there is no one around to defend or has anything in place other than a sign that says please go to the office first is a sitting duck for the next crazy with a gun, chainsaw, machete, or whatever.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Maybe people should ask kids in higher grades what would make them feel safer.

I went to an inner city school. We had every kind of marked/unmarked cop walking our halls. The threat for us didn't come from outside, it was the students.

A female cop would unlock the bathroom door and would stand outside until we were done. Despite the fact I was a rebellious teen who disliked cops I was glad to see them at school and felt safer.

There were no shootings at my school. A rape, the severe beating of a blind student and the widespread destruction of bathroom porcelain with hammers is what brought LE in.

People living in crime ridden cities have lived this way forever. I'm sorry but the inner city is coming to suburbia.

Many people in my area fled to the suburbs because of crime. They were safe for awhile but they didn't get far enough away, the criminals followed them. Not only did the fleeing numbers cause total economic ruin for my city it did nothing to address the problem of violence. Running from a problem or pretending it away solves nothing.

Until we get a better handle on violent people innocent children are in real danger. We can either bury them or protect them. The alternative is separating violent/antisocial individuals from society permanently. Unfortunately people feel too sorry for them to do that.

edit on 12-22-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by Grimpachi

the only difference is the owner of the one that hasn’t has a sign in front that states that he is armed.

So the answer is to print signs saying 'This school is Armed'?

How about this school is protected.

Instead of gun free zone which is the same as saying this school is unprotected.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
i would be in favor of each states own Guard ex - Texas National guard - should be decided state by state.
the Guard is trained and ready to deploy.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If somebody wants to destroy some people, that one will kill their children, for an example... Destroying of domestic citisens, and its replacement with their citisens, with effect similar to neutron bomb, but, by other means... That is nazi doctrina...
If you think that armed guards would help, why not?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

What about the ones in the 1990's? Another Australian citizen already linked articles for those earlier in this post.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Well hold on.
We have armed police or security at banks.
Airports.
Train stations.
The Publix by my house has an off duty police officer onsite when they are open.

BTW Almost all big box stores and malls have some sort of security that you see and don't see.
Some might be armed.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I agree! They should have armed guards at school to prevent paid government agents or Mk-Ultra slaves from entering schools to viciously kill unarmed students and teachers and then try to blame everything on lax gun laws that supposedly allow this atrocious sick behavior. People in government so #ing evil that 100 or 200 dead teenagers meaning nothing to them; in fact I bet they even get a psychological high from luciferian sacrifice.

I am not kidding folks the american government is extremely evil and always has been. They have been changing governments all over the world at will and send american soldiers to die whenever it suits them.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
Until we get a better handle on violent people innocent children are in real danger. We can either bury them or protect them. The alternative is separating violent/antisocial individuals from society permanently. Unfortunately people feel too sorry for them to do that.

That sounds too easy. How do you see this happening, because it would take the army, police, psychiatric/health care system, the entire law system with every judge to be able to do this. And it would have to be done in such a way the real psychos, those who can make others believe they are sane individuals while plotting some horrible act would be caught unaware so it would have to be done in maybe one day before the news gets out and they start hiding stuff and prepare for the razzia's and interrogations from groups of psychiatrists.

Not saying it couldn't be done but how would it look like? It would take massive resources like servers to store all the data on every citizen, then all these files need to be personally reviewed by intelligent individuals who can distinct between sane and insane. Then all those marked insane would have to be rounded up and further examined after which it's either back to society or to some camp filled by insane people.

Maybe some time in the future though, when everyone's DNA is taken from birth and neatly stored in a central database then scientists can say "well hey these genes in this particular order have a high probable chance for this type of insanity", computers will run through all the files looking for those patterns and individuals would be identified and taken out of society as a precaution much like a technological witch hunt except it's a lot faster than the weighing processes and tribunals, it could even be done before the child is fully grown!

And even if it turns out there are still psychos randomly killing even with such a sophisticated solution scientists will just say it's because of a new unidentified pattern of genes and the computers are already scanning all files for matches so those who would do something similar in the future could be rounded up as well.
edit on 22/12/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Kinda undecided. Columbine had an armed guard and so did Va Tech. That didn't seem to stop either shootings

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by Grimpachi

the only difference is the owner of the one that hasn’t has a sign in front that states that he is armed.

So the answer is to print signs saying 'This school is Armed'?

How about this school is protected.

Instead of gun free zone which is the same as saying this school is unprotected.

Neither because the people that do theses things are not playing with a full deck

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
Kinda undecided. Columbine had an armed guard and so did Va Tech. That didn't seem to stop either shootings

Haaha. Try robbing a bank while not shooting and/or killing a single person, and by the time you collect the dough and make a run for the exit, I bet there will be 20 cop cars and federal agents ALL OVER THE PLACE and you not even getting to know what happened so fast? But banks are special because the PTB relly on them to destroy economies at will and even the politicians are pawns to them.

Shot 20 kids at an elementary school and no one cares for an honest investigation. Kill 3000 people on 9-11 and no one cares for an honest investigation, even if that wrong information is used to start 5 wars and millions die.

The hypocrisy has been overflowing for a while now. The cops are not to protect you, they are to protect the ptb and their proxies who vote themselves in by default(as in the media ignoring honest politicians and pushing the rotten ones).

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by neoholographic
Good idea!

The fact is gun control is stupid. There will never be gun control in America just like you don't have drug control. The fact is we have a 2nd Amendment and sadly we are a violent culture. So if you ban guns you will just be creating gun cartels like we have drug cartels. Criminals will control the guns you ban in America.

The key is stopping guns from going where there most destructive. Gangs, ex-criminals and the mentally disturbed.

It's funny how liberals yell for gun control out of one breathe and then yell legalize drugs out of the other. I think we should legalize drugs and prostitution. If so, you can begin to remove some of the criminal element in these areas.

So banning guns is just stupid. There will never be gun control in America because the guns you ban will be controlled by criminals.

Think of the war on drugs, war on crime, war on poverty. Governments can't control these things and billions will be wasted and more lives lost when they try to control them. This is the same with guns.
edit on 22-12-2012 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

We have had gun control for many decades. Not all of it is bad, but there is way too much chicken # legislation and fee collecting going on. Why the need for banning short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, 200 for silencers, 200 for transferring used machine guns, extended magazines banned, and why the need for concealed carry permits that cost almost as much as the gun itself? If you qualify for a gun then you should NOT need a ccp.

The next step seems to be banning all guns except for hunting.........much like the uk and europe. You will be seeing 40 year olds carrying air guns and paintball guns and everyone else will be playing call of duty and become nerds.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Teachers need to be teachers, not armed guards

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
What you describe is a nightmare.

No, having your child killed while at school is a nightmare. Having your child abducted during school hours when you thought they were supposed to be safe, that's a nightmare. Having armed security at a place that is at risk is not a nightmare that I'm familiar with. I'd sooner send my child to a school with an armed security guard than one without, and sooner still to one with an unarmed guard as opposed to none at all.
You miss my point...the society you are describing...one in which you would not send your child to a school without an armed guard...is a nightmare. Certainly to those of us who do not occupy such an environment. The very fact that it exists is cause for a serious introspection that a lot of you seem to be ignoring in your defence of 2'nd amendment rights. You are chasing a symptom rather than addressing the cause.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I don't think I agree with you. These school shooting happen every once in a while, band robberies happen all the time, and usually the robber has a gun. I think that's why banks have armed guards. I really don't think the police handle bank robberies and these mass shooting with any different amount of zeal.

As far as 9-11, completely don't agree with you there and don't want to get in to it, please

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
All I got to say
good guy gets a baton , bad guy gets gun
good guy gets a gun, bad guy gets a rifle
good guy gets rifle, bad guy gets a bazooka
good guy gets bazooka , bad guy gets a canon
good guy gets canon , goes on and on and on.

we need tougher laws, That works

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Teachers need to be teachers, not armed guards

The problem with your logic is this...

Teachers AREN'T Teachers, anymore...They are merely glorified preachers and reporters. They are only allowed to educate based on the established, pre-approved curriculum, and the ONLY thing they "teach" is how to pass the state's assessment tests!

Edited to add:
And please don't assume that I am bashing teachers! On the contrary, there are still many a wonderful educator, employed in our public schools. It's just that they are no longer allowed to do what they were born to do, which is LEAD! The majority are just pulling in a paycheck and looking forward to their annual 2 month vacation!

edit on 12/22/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text...

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join