NRA wants armed guards in schools

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Do these poeple just fail to see the issues? GUNS KILL PEOPLE! so the NRA's solution is MORE GUNS! Oh My GOSH! GUNS - ATTENTION NRA! GUNS! ARE the PROBLEM! look at middle eastern countries, the russians and americans and so forth handed out kalashnikovs (AK-47's) and now their is one of the biggest slaughters in history over the biggest period of time we have EVER seen! What about when the good guy they put in the school turns into the bad guy? add another person with a gun to watch the other man with a gun? why is it in Australia we have guns, yes we have shooting but their bikers fighting and the occasional robbery, but in America, we have wack jobs snapping, killing people, killing them selves like gutless cowards and recently a pole showed that America has one of the highest gun crimesin the world! over 30,000 gun related deaths since i think this year or between 2011 till now,but it was a short time frame! serriousley, i get people are worried about a conspiracey to dis arm the public, but America needs to look at Australian gun laws and reflect them, its serriousley stupid that in the ammendment you have a right to bare arms, honestly, its bad enough poeple who break into houses, get hurt like fall through a roof and fall on a knife and can sue the owner! what next!?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fireman205253
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

tell me about it. i was in the 3/75

Been decades since I was in! Sounds like you saw a lot of action, though! All I got was funny looks from the drill and the range guy when I complained that they would not let me set off a claymore. Wasn't fair at all! I was the one that got to train everyone else, every blasted Saturday, and I didn't get to set one off, on a safe range under supervision.
Girls didn't get to have any fun back then!

Both DIs were 'Nam vets, too. The one told us flat out he didn't think we should be IN the military, since we could not be in combat, but since we were, he was *darn* sure going to train us so we could defend the country if we had to. Tough fellow. Hated him, then. Respect the *heck* out of him now! I don't think I would really want to see combat (not sure women should be anywhere near it), but sure appreciate the knowledge to defend if I need that!

Maybe if all women got a little of that, there would be less violent crime with women as victims.

link   

I don't know. I think mace and any basic self-defense training seems adequate. I don't know if you have green berets after you or what.. I can't vouch for you personal situation.

link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

Why not adapt the Swiss law where guns are mandatory? They seem to have it figured out.

link   

Originally posted by Sakrateri
Washington DC has the strictest gun laws of all the states.

Facts can be found here DC Gun Laws

Washington DC has almost always had the highest gun crime rate in the United States

• If you look at the firearms murder rate per 100,000 people, District of Columbia comes out top - with 12 firearms murders per 100,000 men, women and children in the state. There were 77 firearms murders in DC in 2010, down 22% on 2009
• DC is followed by Louisiana (10.16) and Mississippi (7.46)
• DC is also top for firearms robberies per 100,000 people - with 242.56

facts can be found here Gun Crime

So why do we need our gun rights striped from us? so the rest of the country can have more bad guys with guns like in DC?

It's all hogwash, there have always been sick people in the world and there always will be, if someone wants to kill someone they will use whatever is easiest to get but that person or persons will still be just as dead.

In the UK the knife remains the most common instrument of murder while kicking and hitting comes in second. UK Crimes

I dont know about you all but I would much rather have a bullet to the head and be done with it then to be kicked in the head till I was dead.

No matter where you live or what you do you are still a player in that little thing called life and when fate comes calling for you there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

Want to keep the government from taking over every single aspect of your life? then leave the constitution alone and defend it with your life.

To lazy to run your own life or just to stupid? then sit idly by and allow them to take your freedoms one at a time.

Read much?

Also thanks for the wall-O-text

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

i live in ohio. But i was born an raised in eastern ky. In the hills and hollars just north of paintsville.

I have some cousins in Kentucky these days. My mom's family was in the hills around Chattanooga, and my uncle (her brother) is one of the ones Foxworthy writes jokes about!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I was constantly in the field. Two man teams a week out a week in.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Why the personal notes to each other on the forums? there is a messenger service here.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tahnya86

I want nothing to do with Australian gun laws. Reducing legal gun ownership there did nothing in reducing crime or death rates. The only thing that changed was how people were killed more.

Thanks but no thanks. That is a horrible idea.

BTW those statistics leave out a lot of countries they only compare western countries the numbers are completely skewed.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This topic is directed at the US laws and the NRA no other countries .

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

hahaha i think everyone has a cousin in ky.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

What brought you out, lurker?

You must have some opinions about this situation.

Also, it's an international site.. we get much information from people in other countries. I value all input.
edit on 22-12-2012 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

People seem to be offering up other countries laws for the US to adopt.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I wrote my opinions if anyone would like to read.

As a US citizen we do not want others laws we have our own and will defend them.

Live free or die.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu

I don't know. I think mace and any basic self-defense training seems adequate. I don't know if you have green berets after you or what.. I can't vouch for you personal situation.

Yes, a good self defense course is a very good idea! Mace can help, but it can choke you , too. The stun gun? Way better, of you can use it. A good dog? Better, still. Here, no troubles at the moment, and we have a low crime rate. Doesn't mean I won't be ready if something does happen, though.

Do you know about the 21 foot rule for gun training? What that means is, if someone is closer than 21 feet (not all that far), they can get to you before you could pull and fire a loaded weapon. Mace or a stun gun, you probably have to have them closer. The closer they are, the more likely that they can harm you. Self defense training is great, if you have to fight hand-to-hand. However, the bad guy could have better training. You never know. Lots of people take martial arts classes these days. He could have a knife. Someone doesn't have to be a Green Beret to harm you in your home. Sure, non-lethal can be preferred, and I totally understand not wanting to kill someone. However, I would rather kill them than have them kill me, or worse, one of my kids. It's no different that a giraffe that might kill a lion with a kick, to keep from being eaten. The giraffe isn't a killer, but it can defend itself.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I was constantly in the field. Two man teams a week out a week in.

Sounds like the Army, alright! The first year we were married, he spent more time field training (stateside, though) than at home. Seems they always deploy the same units, too. Glad you got back safe from all that! Some pretty hairy places in South America!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Actually it is 18 feet at the most and 16 if your really fast but what does this have to do with the topic?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I wrote my opinions if anyone would like to read.

As a US citizen we do not want others laws we have our own and will defend them.

Live free or die.

I think I prefer live free, or take out the ones that don't want to allow you to do so!

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Actually it is 18 feet at the most and 16 if your really fast but what does this have to do with the topic?

I have seen people, in classes, move 21 feet really fast. It can be done.

As for the thread, there was discussion of using mace or a stun gun, and also of locked away guns, and if they could be accessed fast enough in case they were needed.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tahnya86
reply to post by watchitburn

Do these poeple just fail to see the issues? GUNS KILL PEOPLE! so the NRA's solution is MORE GUNS! Oh My GOSH! GUNS - ATTENTION NRA! GUNS! ARE the PROBLEM! look at middle eastern countries, the russians and americans and so forth handed out kalashnikovs (AK-47's) and now their is one of the biggest slaughters in history over the biggest period of time we have EVER seen! What about when the good guy they put in the school turns into the bad guy? add another person with a gun to watch the other man with a gun? why is it in Australia we have guns, yes we have shooting but their bikers fighting and the occasional robbery, but in America, we have wack jobs snapping, killing people, killing them selves like gutless cowards and recently a pole showed that America has one of the highest gun crimesin the world! over 30,000 gun related deaths since i think this year or between 2011 till now,but it was a short time frame! serriousley, i get people are worried about a conspiracey to dis arm the public, but America needs to look at Australian gun laws and reflect them, its serriousley stupid that in the ammendment you have a right to bare arms, honestly, its bad enough poeple who break into houses, get hurt like fall through a roof and fall on a knife and can sue the owner! what next!?

I think we had alot higher deaths in auto related deaths, latest stat I could find was 2009 76,309 involved in fatal accidents.

So answer me this. Do cars kill people or do people driving cars kill people.

Not being a dick, I know gun related deaths are way to high, there shouldnt be any if I had my wish.

Cars fault or drivers fault?

Bill

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum