It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse! What has been revealed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Apocalypse means to reveal, if nothing happens all day what will be revealed is this.

Religion is BS
New Age religion is BS
Prophecy is mostly wrong (please note, the Maya never predicted the end on 2012)
Channeling is BULL
Panic was unfounded
People are still dying of hunger in the world and after today their stomachs will still rumble.
we are not ascending and never will.
Existence of god is unlikely
Atheism is a viable way of thinking.
Reason is reasonable.

That's what will be revealed.
The age of reason and the death of superstition and the systematic debunking until the core of the truth is found, religion will be boiled down to find truth and no residue will be found in the pot.
Your gods have failed you.
This whole thing will make people who believed wholeheartedly to rethink everything they ever believed.

But, let me have my aliens, please!
edit on 21-12-2012 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
if you're calling what we have now "the age of reason" i'm unsure how to even put into words my disbelief in how backwards that seems to be.

do you have any examples of proper reasoning being used by any world leaders? if anything it seems to be an age of complete and utter BS from our world leaders. perhaps the reasoning will come about in the people and we will rise up and work towards a better world, that's my hope anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Don't forget remote viewers. There were a ton of remote viewers who claimed they could not see past this date. It will also be the final nail in the coffin for Timewave Zero.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Even predicting an age of reason is BS, just look at the human race right now, however, there will be ex-new ager converts by the thousands who have been had by their delusions and have been fooled thinking things like channeling is real. And thinking on Dec.21st they will ascend and will have 'light' bodies, more BS & etc.

These people will be the first new converts to the age of reason.

It will be revealed the superstition is just that, superstition.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Simple.

Too many people are too stupid. It goes way beyond gullible.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Apocalypse! What has been revealed?

Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The human race at its core has a sickness and a wanton desire for death and destruction. How many time has the world ended according to the crazies now?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It's been revealed that I'll have to pay this loan off after all.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That the real Mayanists (academic scholars) and real Mayans (second largest indigenous people in Central America) were right... the calendar ending didn't mean anything beyond the calendar ends and now restarts.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Apocalypse means to reveal, if nothing happens all day what will be revealed is this.

Religion is BS

Yet Jesus said that the end of days would be endless wars which atheist arms dealers, politicians, weapons manufacturers just don't seem to have the SIMPLE ability to STOP.

Albert Pike was told there would be 3 world wars. WW3 is between Islam and Christianity.

Look at the Middle-East for the past 20 years and ask yourself, 'WHY ARE THE ELITE OBEYING A RUMOUR?'.

New Age religion is BS

The spiritual source of the new age is evil. Its sole reason is to pull people away from Christ.

Channeling is BULL

Nephil spirits (a.k.a demons) constantly tell lies.

Existence of god is unlikely

Atheism is a viable way of thinking.

Yet atheists still kill one another in endless wars issued out by the elite. How bizarre.

Your gods have failed you.

gods (alias fallen angels) are all liars.

But, let me have my aliens, please!

Errr, they are angels of old.

When they land, look at the elongated skulls and then place their heads next to the giants skulls in a museum.
They are identical because they are the same species. They are the iyram or fallen watchers.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I never even remotely bought into the 2012 BS and similar and consider myself "rational" and "reasonable", however still disagree with the common message in your OP.

There is NOTHING wrong with being spiritual or having a belief. There is not even anything wrong if someone would choose to believe in a creator. Having some sort of spiritual belief does NOT automatically mean stupidity or ignorance.

This is what actually irks me: While there are MANY "new agers" which are (I simply have to say it out loud) ignorant, uneducated and stupid - there are also "new agers" who are smart.

Not EVERY new ager and spiritual inclined person believes in a 2012 apocalypse or ascension. Not EVERYONE is stupid.

Your argument that "reason is everything" is too simple. The world, our mind, everything is simply to complex. Quantum physics even "kind of" proves there is more than what meets the eye.

All I want to make clear is PLEASE not see any new-ager or "mystical thinker" as an idiot, because many are not. You cannot put all of them into one pot and assume that any new-ager and anyone who has some sort of spiritual belief is an idiot.

For myself, 2012 doomsayers and similar are not really "new agers"..they are just fools or ignorant - but that doesn't mean certain ways of thinking BEYOND what we assume is "reality" would be "bad".

Do not make the mistake and THINK that because the 2012 fools have been proven wrong (hey, what a big surprise!) so must be any other form of "alternative thinking". This would be foolish and closed minded.
edit on 21-12-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Don't forget remote viewers. There were a ton of remote viewers who claimed they could not see past this date. It will also be the final nail in the coffin for Timewave Zero.

Web Bot as well figuring that stopped at 12/21/12. Just makes me wonder why so many people are still rooting for web bot when the price of silver is going yup today and the sell off aof stocks is happening. LOL, strange people if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Oh if only!
It suits many many organisations / governments / religions to have a population live in fear, ignorance and superstition. The problem is that many people who believe in unfounded, irrational and quite often ridiculous things will fight to the death to defend their belief. Usually the more irrational the belief, the more fanatical the believer as their belief makes them (in their minds) more enlightened than anyone else and privy to 'mysteries'..

Many people believe that their mental enslavement is actually a form of freedom and revel in it.

George understood human society better than most.
Never overestimate mankind's propensity for blinkered stupidity.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This must be the "Snark" thread. ATS put up a thread to be polite about all us crazy misguided BS folks.

So finish up. Get it out of your systems.

Day ain't over yet. And I worry about social reactions.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I also predict a lot of new age books are going to fill up the landfills and going into many wood stoves.
Yes, I believe new age religion thinking is going old age and a whole lot of people are going to start thinking about all the fanciful things that did not happen.

They will be the first ones to embrace reason as they go through their personal apocalypse.

PS, not many wars are started by atheists.

PS, I am still agnostic, I still have residual brainwash.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Many more people will now come to realize that life and existence is meaningless, nothing really matters, there is no sky daddy watching over us, no aliens to make the big scary problems disappear, no spiritual shift. Just us, a cluster of extremely advanced biological organisms that reproduce and eventually die off, like bacteria.

Nihilism is a crushing realization when it first hits you, but unfortunately it's the truth, and we have to deal with it one way or another.

On the plus side, things like guilt and remorse disappear. You hardly ever feel them once you realize that you won't be punished after death no matter what you do, and morals are just subjective and man made. It really is quite liberating in some ways.

(Just thought I'd edit and add that so I wouldn't seem like I was 100% pessimistic lol)
edit on 21-12-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Excuse me no mainstream religous groups participated in this last end of the world BS, save your bashing for the new age crowd, the Nibru finders and the ET clowns.

Thanks and BTW when Christ returns you will be thankful that he is truly what he preached.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

A post you made in another thread inspired this thread, I was going to reply but decided it worthy of it's own thread, basically to understand what is revealed.

Is their something yet to be revealed?
Let's wait.

Apocalypse does not mean the end.

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
Excuse me no mainstream religous groups participated in this last end of the world BS, save your bashing for the new age crowd, the Nibru finders and the ET clowns.

It's worthy to concentrate on the new agers as they are the first to be crest fallen and to realize all the effort they put into believing fantasy is just that, fantasy and wishful thinking.

Thanks and BTW when Christ returns you will be thankful that he is truly what he preached.

If Christ returns, that would be great, I would be the first to repent my blasphemous thoughts, then I would ask: "What is the deal with your Dad? Why is he so bloodthirsty? Why does he contradict himself? And why is he so into barbeques?

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Even predicting an age of reason is BS, just look at the human race right now, however, there will be ex-new ager converts by the thousands who have been had by their delusions and have been fooled thinking things like channeling is real. And thinking on Dec.21st they will ascend and will have 'light' bodies, more BS & etc.

These people will be the first new converts to the age of reason.

It will be revealed the superstition is just that, superstition.

you were the one predicting an age of reason, i was just pointing out the irony in your observation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join