It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this make sense for tomorrow? Global consciousness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What if all the doomsday info was given to us for the reason of Global consciousness. What if it was all shaped and formed to make millions expect something bad to happen. What if it was all a test to see if they can make things happen with a Global conscious?

Set a date, based with something interesting( mayan calender ending). Then pump a bunch of doomsday junk into the mix, so at the end you have so many people thinking and expecting for something negative(or some positive).. .. It makes sense to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's doomsday for some--ascension day for others. And it's just a normal day for everyone else. Sounds like status quo to me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No need, we already know there is a collective aspect to consciousness thanks in part to the global consciousness project.

noosphere.princeton.edu...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

You might find this of interest, OP.

Graph of Accumulating Deviations: The Complete Formal Database

The two following figures represent the history of our formal hypothesis testing. The first shows the Z-scores for more than 350 formally specified events in an ordinary scatterplot. While there is a noticeable positive bias, it is not easy to see its significance. Yet the odds against chance of this meanshift over a database this size are about a thousand million to one.

The second figure displays the same data as a cumulative deviation from chance expectation (shown as the horizontal black line at 0 deviation). Truly random data would produce a jagged curve with no slope, wandering up and down around the horizontal. The dotted smooth curves show the 0.05 and 0.001 and 0.000001 probability envelopes that indicate significant versus chance excursions. This figure can be compared with a "control distribution" using simulations of the event series.

The jagged red line shows the accumulating excess of the empirically normalized Z-scores relative to expectation for the complete dataset of rigorously defined events. The overall result is highly significant. The odds against chance are much greater than a million to one.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It was just a money scam. That's all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
That's your sour mood talking. That's all.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

How did you know I was in a sour mood? It must be global consciousness that gave me away.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Aren't you always in a sour mood?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yes. Especially about this topic. After fifty dozen a-holes on the internet claimed to be in contact with extra-dimensional beings, extraterrestrials, angels, archangels, god, Gandhi, Bob Marley, Mario and Luigi, etc., through meditation, channeling, out-of-body experiences, etc. Oh, we're going to ascend into the 5th dimension on December 21, 2012! Blah, blah, blah. The day comes, the day goes, absolutely nothing happens. Why should anyone believe in anything to do with this crap now? The only enlightenment I achieved is knowing how many weirdos are out there, on this planet that I also happen to live on. It is actually quite disturbing, but I am also disgusted with people in general. So yes. I am always in a sour mood. Even more so, after this garbage.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

You let your impatience get the better of you, and now you are letting cynicism get the better of you too.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't know how anyone could blame me for being cynical. We got out hopes for a better world pumped up by a bunch of pathological liars that profited from books, DVDs and live conferences. Now the only thing to look forward to is a world that continues to decline further and further into darkness. I don't see any reason not to be cynical. And patience? 26,000 years isn't long enough to be considered patient?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

I don't know how anyone could blame me for being cynical. We got out hopes for a better world pumped up by a bunch of pathological liars that profited from books, DVDs and live conferences. Now the only thing to look forward to is a world that continues to decline further and further into darkness. I don't see any reason not to be cynical. And patience? 26,000 years isn't long enough to be considered patient?

Cynicism can be overcome, and there is more to look forward to than you realize. There are plenty of reasons not to be cynical. And unless you are over 26,000 years old I wouldn't consider that time span in your favor.

The fact that skeptics don't want you to realize is that each and every one of us is psychic, to some degree. Our minds are not trapped in our skulls. Our minds can't be shut out by faraday cages, time, or space. Which means the bleak cynical universe of the materialist is a lie.

Once you realize that, your cynicism will begin to melt, because as you realize it your consciousness will begin to expand. Sooner or later you'll feel it.

So here are some books I would recommend for someone trying to overcome cynicism. I share because I care. Not because I will make money if you buy these. I won't.

Pathways to Bliss: Mythology and Personal Transformation

Extraordinary Knowing: Science, Skepticism, and the Inexplicable Powers of the Human Mind

An Introduction to Parapsychology

Don't give in to the dark side of the Force, MrUncreated.

edit on 3-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I have thought about it. Was it planned like that or not, it showed, that it´s actually not possible to affect collective conciousness that much, that it makes something happen in real world.
This is actually VERY important subject to studdy and this day gave researchers exellent empiric test.
21th december proved, that there´s no way to creat real world events using collective human conciousness.
There will never be another date like that in our lifetime - I mean the amount of information, books, movies, expectations, fears, hopes - all concentrated on one date. And it was one of the most event-less dates you could imagine.
I thought, that maybe mankind make something happen with their great expectations and fears , but at least for me this day proved some fundamental things.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

Well, you base that theory on pretty much nothing. And the fact that nothing happened in 2012 would mean that the experiment failed, even if it was meant to happen.

so I´d say that is a pretty weak position. Plus this info didn´t come from "them". As far as I know "they" are the ones at the top, the 2012 myth came exactly from the opposite direction.

I can understand that you´re trying to give the whole thing some sort of meaning after all, but this may be reaching too far.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Nightaudit because: spelling

top topics

join