It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered mind= the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ok first off 'altered mind´ refers to Jose Quervo. I don't drink much, but heyy, tonights the night.

I was sitting here pondering our future, as a species, as I often do, and thought about the whole 2012 thing. I believe there is truth, about our past and future, hidden everywhere. It's up to us to decipher it.

With that being said, there are two things i want to address, the Mayans knew a lot. They were a very smart society, and that maybe when your state of mind is altered you can 'remember' certain things from passed lives.

In a nutshell, this isn't going to last too long, as I'm on my phone and am starting to feel a little tipsy.

Maybe the Mayans took some 'mind altering' substances, found out, hey this is how long civilization is going to last and marked out down on a circular stone. Then, some holy dude was like "after it starts, it will take 7 years until completion" .

December 21, 2012 is the start of something and seven years from we will see what it is.

Disclaimer: i don't subscribe to any religion nor do i believe the world will end in a few hours. I'm just a drunk dude with nothing more too do than to sit here and smoke cigaretts. It seriously took me like 45 minutes to sit here and type this in on my phone. I'm a loser.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

rotflmao

Pass the bottle, brother.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

There's plenty left friend. I'm a cheep drunk! Lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The truth has been hidden it is not destroyed. The truth is different than the world we live in, we are living in a world filled with deceit so many generations old that it is not recognized. Look to mother nature for the truth. She will guide you to find it. Have a drink for me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

What have your friends told you about drunk texting?

Anyway, as to the OP, I disagree that the Mayans were as 'smart' as many attribute them to being, for one, if they knew so much and were so wise, why are there not any more Mayans?

Additionally, they mono-cropped themselves to death. Maize was cheap and easy to grow, so, they grew it in abundance, used it for everything, which resulted in malnutrition and nutritional defects society wide due an over-dependence on one crop, plus, in not leaving land fallow, or rotating crops, they found their lands turning into dust bowls that would not support their crops.
Starvation then followed malnutrition from over-dependence on a single crop and the civilization lost cohesion.

Doesn't sound too 'smart' to me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I absolutely believe that being high is the key to spirituality and the ultimate truth of human knowledge, our purpose, our origins, all the answers are within us, and to go within we must enter altered states of mind, whether its through meditation or through the use of psychedelics....as long as the psychedelics are used properly for spiritual purposes, there is much to be learned, and complete perspective shifts to be seen. I believe the ancients absolutely used mind altering things, as well as meditation. Our minds are so powerful, but in this current age, we have no idea how powerful it really is.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hey fella, i read the Grapes Of Wrath. I didn't say the Mayans were great farmers.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

When I see your avatar I keep thinking it's Colonel Klink.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Naw man, it's Bernanke getting crapped on by a pigeon with a Gorbachev poop stain. Lol

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I know. I know. It's all my 60's warmonger conditioning.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Man this us way better than anti gun dead kids BS. This deserves a bump!

Fyi: I cried like a baby when i heard about those kids dying.

Edit: yea I'm bored, is it obvious?
edit on 19-12-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I do like the way people seem to turn a blind eye to the fact alot of the 'old wise'thinkers,phylociphers,inventors
etc etc where completely off their pickles,,,not sure 'jose' has ever been chosen,but hey it's worth a go...have fun trying mr

p.s. overdoing it can lead to serious spelling inadiquacies, r.e. this post

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just leave the car in the garage tonight.

Your theory on the Mayan calendar is interesting. It made me wonder, again, if we've properly translated the thing. I've noticed a lot of backpedaling in the scientific community in recent years, pet theories being overturned, etc.

What the Sumerian tablets, and things like this calendar, need is fresh eyes. Our experts learn from those who came before and are discouraged from offering new, possibly more accurate interpretations of these things.

Sounds crazy but I think we should get autistics and savants looking at stuff like this. They see things most people don't.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Thanks for the reply friend, but I'm a responsible adult Car don't move if I've got alcohol in me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Good to hear that. Just don't want a fellow poster to spoil his high.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
BLAH. How does anyone drink all the time... Seriously?

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
...they mono-cropped themselves to death. Maize was cheap and easy to grow, so, they grew it in abundance, used it for everything, which resulted in malnutrition and nutritional defects society wide due an over-dependence on one crop, plus...
Doesn't sound too 'smart' to me.

According to one book (at least), they developed 40+ varieties of avocado...
Being less than brilliant over the long haul doesn't mean there wasn't some brilliance (or possibly an infusion of brilliance) earlier-on.
But - I wasn't there, so - you may be righter than me.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Reminds me of "Good Will Hunting". Some things that are next to impossible for some people to comprehend are a cakewalk for others.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

so i belive that the world is ending...not nessicarily today but...i have nenorys from past lives...people are no longer who they appear...thir souls lost in a desolote place...the world has been ending for the past 3 years

new topics

top topics

join