It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMAZING VIDEO CAPTURE: Eagle Picks Up Toddler in Field! [Confirmed Hoax!]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I heard this was on the news last night and my parents told me about this event. So I Youtubed it and thought this was definitely worth sharing!
edit on 19-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: title thread change name

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have heard of pets getting picked up but it is rare to hear this sort of thing happening.

If it walks like a small animal, behaves and sits like a small animal, it must be an small edible meal worth catching by an eagle.

Good thing the toddler weighed more than the average small animal otherwise it would have not been a good ending for the toddler.

The parents must have been quite shocked to see this unfold. Let that me a lesson to never take your eyes of your young ones.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Here you are:
www.cbc.ca...

The kids should get an A+ in my opinion. Great video.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Apparently this was a hoax video..but let's have another look at it from another video which zooms in on the child and see for yourself:

Published on Dec 19, 2012
Golden Eagle Snatches Kid Video is Fake!Golden Eagle Snatches Kid Footage is Fake!
A viral video that appears to show an eagle snatching a baby in a Montreal park is being questioned for its authenticity, with many in the online community calling it a hoax.

The video -- Golden Eagle Snatches Kid in Montreal -- seems to show exactly that. A large bird appears to swoop down from the sky above Mont Royal Park and pick up the baby in its talons. The bird travels several metres before dropping the child, which appears to be toddler age, and flying away.

The camera then zooms in on the child, who is crying but seems to be uninjured.

David Bird, a McGill University professor of wildlife biology, doubts the video's authenticity. He said the bird looks more like an osprey than a golden eagle.

"Bald eagles and golden eagles both have fairly broad wings. That bird there has long narrow wings," he said.

Bird said he has never heard of an eagle grabbing a child.

"The public has nothing to fear from bald eagles in that regard of picking up their babies, and for that matter, even their pets."

Montreal police have not received any reports of large birds attacking small children.

Several people in online communities are saying the video is a hoax and possibly uses computer-generated images.

The video was even picked up by popular entertainment website Gawker, which listed reasons it was a fake, including "news of this harrowing incident is nowhere to be found in Canadian media. Seems like a story someone would cover."

This is the second time in the past few days the public was fooled by a Montreal-based hoax.

Last week, CBC's satirical radio show This is That tricked Canadians with a fictitious story about a proposed bylaw requiring dogs to be trained to understand commands in French and English.

I for one cannot see clear evidence of CGI effects in this video. The eagle looks legit enough and the child's legs move apart from one another whilst in the air. Though the child could be a rag doll is one thing. The other thing to look at is whether the eagle's actions follow through the same movement of catching other larger prey animals.

It looks real enough for me though

edit on 19-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Sorta lends some credence to the *possibility* that accounts of THUNDERBIRDS could be true.

I once lived in a golf community that had been created in "wild" preserve lands, -where they preserved much of the natural Florida woods. So, there were large owls and falcons, birds of prey all over the place. One night at sunset/twilight, I was walking my wiener dog (dachshundt) Wolfie (Wolfgang). A large falcon was perched on a rooftop, and it kept following us and perching on the closest rooftop. Finally, it swept down towards my 15lb Wolfie. I took off my baseball cap and waved it in front of it, yelling at it. It fluttered its wings in mid air and changed directions. That thing was going after Wolfie! Of course, I didn't hold any hard feelings against the falcon because it was just doing what it was meant to do: survive. But, that kind of incident raises some basic, primitive instincts in a person. Definitely adrenaline. Wolfie looked at me with an expression that conveyed, "What the heck was all that commotion about?" He was completely unaware that he was about to be dinner.

edit on 19-12-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Here is what www.Gawker.com stated in relation to this video:

All The Reasons That Baby-Snatching Eagle Video Is Fake [UPDATE: Fakery Confirmed]

gawker.com...

When that video of a Golden Eagle snatching a baby from the ground (yes, that video of a Golden Eagle snatching a baby from the ground) hit the web last night, everyone immediately accepted its veracity.

Even on typically far-from-credulous Internet forums there was nary a "fake" and/or "gay" to be found.

Several hours later, those forums finally found their bearings, rolled up their sleeves, and got down to the task of debunking the latest viral tomfoolery before it had a chance to truly take off.

So here's what they have so far:

* Right off the bat, this is the uploader's only video. That's usually a pretty big tell.

* Secondly, news of this harrowing incident is nowhere to be found in Canadian media. Seems like a story someone would cover.

* Third, enhanced versions of the video as well as individual stills appear to reveal several flaws in the creator's CGI: The eagle's wing disappears for a brief moment while in flight; the bird's shadow disappears and reappears at various times; the baby appears to be moving upwards after being dropped by the eagle; and the baby's ragdoll-like fall suggests the physics are computer-made.

* Perhaps most convincing, however, is this comment made by renowned bird expert Kenn Kaufman:

'A golden eagle tries to snatch a baby in Montreal,' and the video goes viral. But it's faked. Golden Eagle is a scarce visitor in the Montreal area, but the bird in the video is not a Golden Eagle, nor anything else that occurs in the wild in North America. This was clearly a setup: using a falconer's bird, and probably a fake toddler for the distant scene. With all the ignorance about nature that's out there already, the last thing we need is this kind of stupid garbage.

As for the source of this highly convincing fake, the Internet jury is still out on that. But one Farker pointed to the existence of 3D animation school in Montreal that holds an annual "hoax the Internet" exam.

Here's an example of their past work.

UPDATE: As first posited above, the "Golden Eagle Snatched Kid" video was in fact the work of students at the Montreal-based animation and design school Centre NAD:

The "Golden Eagle Snatches Kid" video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

Congrats kids — next year's class will be hard-pressed to beat your "hoax the Internet" success.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I don't see anything indicating CGI at all... Except a guy sayin' "yep, it's CG".

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

I know! That's what gets me. If this was truly a confirmation you would have the OP of the video along with anyone involved make a public announcement and apology for their hoax. Will this ever happen or not that is another question for another day.

Maybe the media is trying to downplay this video to make parents aware this doesn't happen and there is nothing to worry about....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The video, if hoax, is really done well....here is another work done by the students of NAD Centre:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, here is the proof for the video as being one heck of a great hoax!

CENTRE NAD REASSURES MONTREALERS: NO DANGER OF BEING SNATCHED BY A ROYAL EAGLE

blogue.centrenad.com...

The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.

WOW....such great quality...I could not think of it as a hoax. Well done

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Really I don't understand why there's so much skepticism anyways. Some 10-20 children die every year from this.. That's a fact... I

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Source please for your claim?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There are some things that scream CGI....watch this analysis of the video. Points out some clear things.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

Embedded your YT video for you:

Edit:

Here are some picture points from this video why this would be considered a CGI and a HOAX:

edit on 19-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit picture

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Check this out alexk2009.hubpages.com... just saying.....

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Dude, i'm lookin' all over and can't find it cause it's saturated by this damn video!

Bird attacks are not that rare. i don't know why it's so difficult. Except I don't wanna put in a ton of effort...

Try Marlon Lowe google search for starters. If you dig, you'll find numbers on bird related deaths... You find something intriguing let me know... I'll keep looking too. but bird deaths are not unheard of.. They have a annual rate like many things, like shark related deaths and what not...

?This video must be new cause it's taken up like 6 google pages so far.

edit on 12/19/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No one is saying otherwise. All we are saying is this video is CGI done by some students for a school project. We get it, people die by many different and abstract means and Golden Eagles are one of them....all clear.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join