It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
As others have said I have been a long term looker but have tended to be more a reader than a poster. I am old as dirt and have had a lucky great life.

I played Rock and Roll in the early 60s ( got drunk a few times but no drugs) Flew in Vietnam and was a military flight instructor. After 8.5 years I left the military and flew as a Corporate pilot and finally Captain for a major airline; guess I have flown continuously for over 45 years. My favorite aircraft was the Swift (owned 3 of them) and the Boeing 727 but flew many others. Have been retired for several years. I live in Texas part of the year with my wife and have a small farm overseas close to Laos in Thailand where we stay the rest of the year...We don't like cold so it works for us.

Think I am glad to be here and hope I can contribute to a meaningful discussion.

P.S. I forgot to add I worked for a branch of NSA for 13 months; not that it really matters other than it did give me some insights on how some things work in that field of endeavor.
edit on 18-12-2012 by 727Sky because: added a P.S.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Being a experienced pilot whats your view on chemtrails?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Howdy 727Sky.

Welcome to ATS.
Don't worry if you experience turbulence.
Enjoy your flight.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To my knowledge I have never sprayed any!!

What I know about them is strictly from reading threads here and at other sights. Some of the chemical analysis performed (again from reading) seem to be legit as far as chemical composition. Living around heavy traffic airport hubs under well traveled jet routes; there will be contrails on almost any given day. Even in WWll and high altitude prop driven bombers there were contrails.
Do I believe someone @ someplace, stuff is being sprayed into our atmosphere....I have to say from what I have read it certainly is a possibility. Was done in Vietnam for certain reasons so there might be something to it. I do feel that many of the pictures I have seen on the web are just dissipating contrails in heavy traffic areas.

However the chemical analysis I have read show Barium, Aluminum, and other chemicals which are being used and precipitate to the soil. Thanks for the question sorry could not be more definitive.
edit on 18-12-2012 by 727Sky because: coma

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

hahahaha I have noticed some of that around here!! But thanks for the well wishes!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Welcome, Mr. Sky. A first flag for you from a fellow Texan.

I look forward to your posts, and the experience you have had in your professional life should bring some excellent perspective to ATS.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Welcome, Mr. Sky. A first flag for you from a fellow Texan.

I look forward to your posts, and the experience you have had in your professional life should bring some excellent perspective to ATS.

Thank you very much sir! I do hope I can offer something to some of the discussions around here.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use
What are P F K W S

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride, err, flight.

Hope to see you around. Sounds like you's have a lot to share. How old is dirt, anyway?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
What's up Sir.
Welcome to the club!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Welcome! Your experience will come in handy to help prove or debunk some of the things that come through here.
A question, if you please - Got any stories about sightings? Seen anything up there you can't explain? That'd be a great topic for your 1st thread.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Welcome! Your experience will come in handy to help prove or debunk some of the things that come through here.
A question, if you please - Got any stories about sightings? Seen anything up there you can't explain? That'd be a great topic for your 1st thread.

I have never seen anything that did not become apparent and identified; so no UFOs here and I actually looked outside more than many....I do have a few friends who worked with me that swore they saw something but mostly just lights in the sky. I have seen some really weird stuff with weather but nothing super natural etc etc just weird.

I flew with some really interesting guys from many different and varied back grounds so I do have a few stories that I might get around to telling if there is interest or a question leads there.

I almost feel like a reject for I have not been abducted etc etc....but thanks for the question and greetings.
edit on 19-12-2012 by 727Sky because: feel

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

welcome aboard.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
reply to post by 727Sky

welcome aboard.

Neat Avatar and thank you

top topics