It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is normal .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I dunno. Seems real to me.

For all we know, in thinking about what he was going to say about Emilie in the coming moments, he may have had a good memory. A billion things go through your mind when someone close to you dies...and some of those things for days and years to come even make you laugh or smile...for a few seconds. And then you cry again.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Double post. Soz.
edit on 12/18/2012 by ~Lucidity because: double post

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Glad to see people here have a sense that the world is much bigger than their experiences. The other thread was despicable in my opinion.

Laughter, smiling, and a jovial disposition in this case mean something completely different than what we normally think it means.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread, which was 3 pages long so lord knows why a moderator closed it rather than merging

I've lost family members and been laughing days later. In fact i've lost family members and been laughing and smiling hours later. I've laughed and smiled while outside a hospital with a relative inside and dying, I've then been upset and crying the next the moment.

losing a family member doesn't mean you're immune to laughing or smiling.

to add on, someone said that the smiling and him being comfortable was not right, which i know others will say

as someone who has social anxiety it makes perfect sense to me. People project confidence and happyness, especially when they aren't confident or happy

smiling, joking and nervousness are interconnected. They're a defence mechanism.

lmgtfy.com...

lmgtfy.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
everyone is an actor on the centre stage called earth.........

smile for the cameras!!!

Shakespeare would be proud:

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts

We are here and how we act is based on each of our own individual experiences. It is one of the great gifts bestowed upon humanity; individuality. Even in ugly times such as these, each persons' reactions are their own.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
A bunch of people who have never been in this horrible situation think they should know how a person should act and what they should do.

You are just as bad as people who buy rags and gossip about celebrities.

I am waiting to see how low atsers can really stoop.

Probably not as low as you.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
He looks just like one of the spooks in the background.

Any man that lost a young daughter like that would look like he went to hell and back. He would look like his soul was ripped from his being. This guy is a fraud. If he had really lost a daughter like that the day before, his legs wouldn't be able to hold him upright. This is bull#!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You've never been in the situation this guy is in.How can you base it off a short less than a minute video?Who knows what was being said to him or what he was thinking about.People handle death and their emotions different.People on this page are just grasping for straws.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The laughing isnt exactly what peaked my curiosity. It was the instant change from laughing and grinning to the begnning of his speech and instantly changing his facial movements..

However. My skepticism comes out and says. Why dont TPTB just brainwash him too, or get a better actor?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
There is also that psychological thing where, when some people lose a loved one, it takes time before they finally "know" that the person really is gone. I think it's called the denial stage.
I don't really know, I've never actually experienced the death of someone close before.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Any man that lost a young daughter like that would look like he went to hell and back. He would look like his soul was ripped from his being. This guy is a fraud. If he had really lost a daughter like that the day before, his legs wouldn't be able to hold him upright. This is bull#!

Have you lost your daughter? Sorry for the blunt question but it seems you are speaking from authority here when you claim that "(a)ny man that lost a young daughter like that would look like he went to hell and back..." While we would all like to think that and I would even go as far as to say that he has, the public reaction isn't something to base his feelings upon.

Stop trying to say how you would feel or how others should feel. Each of us, in our own way, experience tragedy in our own way. Regardless of how the media, conspiracy sites, or Hollywood say we should.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
The laughing isnt exactly what peaked my curiosity. It was the instant change from laughing and grinning to the begnning of his speech and instantly changing his facial movements..

However. My skepticism comes out and says. Why dont TPTB just brainwash him too, or get a better actor?

that's the biggest flaw in the conspiracy reasoning. if it was planned as they say there wouldn't be all these changes in stories putting the story in doubt. there wouldn't be actors caught on camera "out of character"

that these things are happening is not proof of a conspiracy, it's proof there isn't one. An all powerful elite would not do such a supposedly sloppy job

the reason his appearance instantly changed i believe is because of social expectations of guilt. the dude with the braveheart avatars comments are a good example of why people do this. there is an expectation of visible grieving and even if a person isn't visibly grieving, they can feel obligated to project it

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Doesn't seem like anyone found a way to shed a tear. These are just a few of the photos taken....and all i see are dry eyes. NOT 1 person was photographed with tears in their eyes and snot dripping from their nose. Losing a parent is 1 thing, losing a child is something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!! Yet, no one is truly grieving. Do an image search on Newton CT, shooting and comeback with a picture of someone actually crying.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
...An all powerful elite ...

being elite doesnt make them omnicient.

if they were THAT powerful (as you infer), then they may as well just brainwash us ALL to do whatever dirty deed they might have planned.

....nah. they're just a dumb as any of us. they just THINK they're super-awesome.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

While that is quite remarkable. And I will do an image search. This can't be true to form. (Or is it?)

The hospital that Robbie Parker was a PA at....held a bake sale in honor of the victims.
Now...if Robbie Parker did not work there, and is an actor...like the OP is declaring.....
someone from the hospital would have/will come forward.

LINK

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Stop with your specious argument. It's nauseating. So is this whole episode and so is this place. It's easy to see what a tool we've all become.

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Bilk22

Have you lost your daughter? Sorry for the blunt question but it seems you are speaking from authority here when you claim that "(a)ny man that lost a young daughter like that would look like he went to hell and back..." While we would all like to think that and I would even go as far as to say that he has, the public reaction isn't something to base his feelings upon.

Stop trying to say how you would feel or how others should feel. Each of us, in our own way, experience tragedy in our own way. Regardless of how the media, conspiracy sites, or Hollywood say we should.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
...An all powerful elite ...

being elite doesnt make them omnicient.

if they were THAT powerful (as you infer), then they may as well just brainwash us ALL to do whatever dirty deed they might have planned.

....nah. they're just a dumb as any of us. they just THINK they're super-awesome.

But the elite control the media. So why did all the media make mistakes in original reporting? Because they were reporting the event from real feedback on the ground, not from some acting script as is being suggested

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Me thinks you have no idea what specious means or enjoy the ironic sense of calling me out on it while doing the same....

You have stated with authority that no one should act this way. I provided an argument otherwise, that you are full or nonsense, that who are we to say how one man should act or grieve or cope? Get over yourself. Your limited experience in the world and how 7 billion individuals act in times of crises is a joke.

In your view, from what you posted, we should all cry, all show this picture perfect scene of somberness, so to satisfy your world view right?

Guess what, you are wrong. People laugh, cry, talk nonstop, regress, scream, act out in anger, and any other form of human emotion you can think of when faced with moment of deep shock.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
reply to post by BlowinSmoke

While that is quite remarkable. And I will do an image search. This can't be true to form. (Or is it?)

The hospital that Robbie Parker was a PA at....held a bake sale in honor of the victims.
Now...if Robbie Parker did not work there, and is an actor...like the OP is declaring.....
someone from the hospital would have/will come forward.

LINK

FAIR ENOUGH....but WHAT IF?

What if this town...let's say...was against guns...and were "in on it" in or to change legislation, to their benefit. What if there was a nice paycheck for doing such work? What if, the major pieces of the town, were in on it, including the children. What if, it was staged to fool even the people in the town, that weren't affected. I mean, these days.....Hollywood can pull off just about anything. I'm just saying....WHAT IF...it's all part of the "agenda".

Let me also throw another conspiracy bone out there. Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey hard...and N.J. is the 2nd wealthiest state in the country. Guess who's no. 3??? Conneticut
source Maybe the rich are fighting each other?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I just want to paste this from the other thread as I think it asks a relevant question.

posted on 18-12-2012 @ 10:19 PM By MrSpad in reply to ProphetOfZeal

i can't believe you people.

Already there are some defending this?? Hahaha.. What? That is how he copes?? You think it's realistic, that a day before he just had his daughter SHOT UP and this is how he copes with it?? This isn't his best friend, this isn't his cousin, and they just didn't die of natural causes..It was his DAUGHTER and she was shot HORRIFICALLY. Get real!

I am confused about just what you think is going on? Do you think the entire town is fake and they are all actors pretending to know each other? That they spent time and money on hundreds of photo shoots to create families? You realy think that makes more sense than people in shock, something that is common and hardly suprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join