It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok ATS.. Fess-Up.. Who is Secretly Crapping Their Pants about 21/12/12???

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by awakendhybrid

I thought the same until the two people came up wanting to come to my house that day.
I think people might be too embarrassed to admit they think that. It's like believing in UFOs, more people believe that than you realize.

I expected ATS to have more threads on it, saying stuff like solar flares, galactic alignments etc are going on. I suppose if there are any I would miss them because Phage comes along debunking all the theories and the threads fizzle out.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was one to look at people "in the know" about this type of thing. I decided to look at the white house public schedule and guess what? As of 12-20-12 it is open yet very full up to that date............ Then I started to think "Where is Hillary"..............?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I personally was not worried about the 2012 conspiracy, but when my local news station reported there will be 18 inches of snow starting on 12.20.12 and ending sometime of 12.22.12. it gets you thinking. They said its the biggest blizzard in 80 years, and we havent seen a single flake of snow this whole winter, so this blizzard is pretty random

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Its like I said the other day, those that believe and have a bad feeling that something is going to happen, they try and stay quiet. If you don't remain quiet then people think you are a nut case. The problem is that people are saying that someone is making money off all of this. I would love to know who figuring that even the Hindu people had the date 12/21/12, The Chinese people had the same date, The Mayans the same date, The Hopi prophecies are the same, and so many other Indian cultures are the same. How can so many cultures all be wrong? Yet none of them thought they would make a profit off all of this when they made the prophecies? So then who exactly will make a prophet? No one will.

Then we have web bot, and time wave zero both showing the end of society being for the 21st, and no society past that point. Guess what if they are wrong their reputations are at stake and people would never listen to them again, so even they wont make money off this. If anything and they are wrong then they would lose face, and followers.

Then we have to realize how many Indian nations believe in what is going to happen and have even moved into caves already and into the wilderness. Can they all be wrong? I think not. No one said that life will all die, in fact even the Hopi prophecy showed people still going that made the right choices. Some will survive, but if you also looked into the Hopi prophecy and others you would realize that many state that people will die with fear.

Even Nuns have seen what is coming and told about how people were not suppose to go outside. I plan on digging in for my 3 days. No way am I going outside. Something is moving many of us to tell us that something is coming, and we need to be ready. For those that want to laugh, laugh away. Just remember many laughed at Noah and they all died.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
the mayans never claimed there was a doomsday. that is all from people trying to shill books, vids, canned food, bunkers, potions and snake oil.
the mayans claimed it was the end of an age of man, and the dawn of a new age(the fifth IIRC?). there would be chaos and confusion as the old orders and ways died or faded away, and the birth pangs of the new take place.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The most socially damaging part about this is that so many people are aware of the date and are putting a lot of their energy into an ideology that is unpredictable and yet self fulfilling. We can take whatever we will internally anytime we choose to if we focus so much into something. You're all brainwashing yourselves. It's really amazing. Everything is.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I can't say I'm worried about our world ending. But I'll tell you what I am feeling... Anxious. There are over 7 billion people on this planet and I'm quite sure 3/4 of it have heard about 12/21/2012. Now out of those 5 billion people, how many are crazy enough to commit murder suicides, suicide or start riots etc... I'm thankful I live in a small city where it is very unlikely to affect me, but you can bet your a$$ my face face will be glued to the tv ALL day

Good luck world!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Got a horrible cold and ear/throat infection and today the Dr. wrote me a note to be off of work until the 26th. I don't subscribe to the 12/21/2012 hype but nevertheless now instead of being at work I'll be chilling at my girlfriends place to help keep her and our cats safe in case some wacko's start causing crap here in the city.
TV is going to be amusing that day, that's for sure.
edit on 19-12-2012 by Armadall because: didn't know a swear would be edited

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ive actually been watching reruns of I love lucy , while eating cheetos and smoking hash with a few greys...we all cant wait to see what happens

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
As I've already posted here, I've been pretty calm about all this...or so I thought. But then, on my way home tonight, cell service went out with a very weird automated message I've never heard before, and then almost immediately thereafter, the tornado siren went off not once but twice. Oh, and there were black persistant contrails in the sky in the shapes of crosses. At that point I really started to

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What if it's like Ghostbusters rules and we, you know... choose the destroyer?

Aw hell.

Ronald McDonald.

edit on 19/12/12 by SlackOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Jesus! Talk about weird... Lol. I hope you have your foil hat ready just in case
By the looks of the way things are turning out on your end, your going to need it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Why GMT ? The Mayans were in the central standard time zone. How did America get to be the star of the show when the original players were from South America ? That doesnt sound fishy to some?

Karen, what planet are you on? GMT is Greenwich Mean Time in London, England. The Central Time Zone is right smack dab in the middle of America. Further, the Mayans were in NORTH America, same as us, not South America, specifically the Yucatan Peninsula. I know it's popular to bash the US, but please do avail yourself of a map. You really blew it big time.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntC

The ones wanting to profit might have been the same ones who brought it all to our attention.

I thought at one point it was Sony that started up a 2012 website getting it all going, until NASA stepped in to say it isn't so. They were promoting the 2012 movie, well in advance if it's release. Scaring enough people with this mayan calendar so they would go see the movie. I don't think the site made it known it was affiliated with Sony. Other sources popping up could also have been in cahoots with Sony.

Here's the source for this 2009 article
Link
edit on 19-12-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

ETA at that time in 2009 there was no ads for the DVD. On this Sony site

Sony Pictures set up a website for an organisation called the Institute for Human Continuity which predicts a cataclysmic denouement for Earth three years from now. It suggests that “after two decades of rigorous research from the world’s top astronomers, mathematicians, geologists, physicists, engineers, futurists, we know that in 2012 a series of cataclysmic forces will wreak havoc on our planet”. It even details how elections have begun for the leader of the post-2102 world, offers survival kits and asks people to sign up to a lottery to be saved. In fact, the website is a vehicle for promoting 2012 — a disaster movie about the end of the world based on predictions in the Mayan calendar.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So those that are worried are keeping it to themselves then...
What, are we all still collectively embarrassed about how we reacted to Y2K??

I dunno, I was always and still am more on the 2012 side of the fence than not (lol yea even the Wednesday before), yet I still can't see how whatever it is could go from 0 to 60 in 6 second (or 24 hours). Even if the drama of 2012 takes years to play out I still feel like it should have already noticably and officially started in a way that few would be able to deny.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am secretly worried. I don't think any cosmic doom is on it's way, but I'm worried about TPTB or some crazy group or person using that day as an excuse to inflict mass harm- now that it's become so popular from being heavily promoted by hollywood and the media. I've been worried about 2012 since before 2000. So this date has been on my mind for nearly half my life. It's kind of hard to ignore now that it's finally here. I just hope no one does anything crazy that day. Most people are still disturbed from last friday's events as it is.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's more like an "eager anticipation". Part of me believes NOTHING physical will happen...and the other part believes SOMETHING is going to happen. Whatever awaits us. LET'S DO THIS!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have absolutely no concern whatsoever. It will be any other day. There is no celestial body that's going to have an effect...if there was, we would of known and gradually would of seen things get bad...not all of a sudden. War and disease is possible...sure but its just not very likely in 2 days time. We are but such a small fraction of time in the history and life of this planet, solar system and universe so its kind of a long shot for us in 2 days to be involved with any big space event. We may certainly blow ourselves up or ruin the economy in 2 days but even that has somewhat of a "ramp up" effect. I'll be looking forward to hearing all the excuses on the 22nd as to why nothing happened.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
My sole concerns are twofold.

1) The palpable anxiety and tension surrounding the date, and the possibility of this triggering of fueling more events like we saw in CT, where already unhinged individuals may go over the edge and commit acts of violence against themselves or others.

And 2) The potential disillusionment, depression (already a problem in Winter for many,) stress, and hopelessness many may feel if nothing happened after placing their faith in the myriad ideologies surrounding this date.

I never have and never will assert that nothing will happen, because I cannot predict the future. But I am admittedly more concerned by those potential scenarios than anything else.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm afraid that on 12/22/2012 that my "ascended" self will be a bit of a let down.

For real though, I think someone will try to pull off some stupid act to create mass panic.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join