It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok ATS.. Fess-Up.. Who is Secretly Crapping Their Pants about 21/12/12???

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Errrrmm... Its 16:21hrs here.. And a bunch of birds has just started to go nuts outside my window...

Bugger...

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Are they still doing it? If so is it possible to capture images or video? How are they going nuts?
edit on 20-12-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Don't worry according to this guy we've being saved by the 49... E.T's Who came from a long distance space travel with lots of trash dumping that on our sun... And you know what it seems to work hallelujah... praise the loouh.. aliens!

edit on 20-12-2012 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
reply to post by EvanB

Are they still doing it? If so is it possible to capture images or video? How are they going buggers?

They have stopped now.. Its just unusual to hear birdsong when its dark.. A cat may have got to them or something.. Because they were indeed going nuts...

Saying bugger in the UK is the same as saying "oh crap"!..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That happened outside my house once over the Summer. It was 3 in the morning and the birds were going crazy chirping. I don't know why they were, but they were upset over something.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Another who is not concerned at all...maybe some small scale problems created by the minority, or possible panic due to a manufactured internet down time? It's all bull though, we will move forward into an amazing age. Be positive.

Peace and Love

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
LMAO!!!!! Nothing is going to happen. Geez.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i'm crapping my pants secretly but just due to some bad guacamole i ate earlier.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I wonder if there will be any internet hacking pranks pulled off by some group just to freak people out. I could totally see that happening.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by EvanB

Ok ... so the calendar of some old remote primitive tribe that engaged in human sacrifice and worshipped feathered gods ran out.

Do you seriously believe such a primitive culture knew so much about the other planets and the solar system in general? I got a bridge for sale if you're interested!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321
I wonder if there will be any internet hacking pranks pulled off by some group just to freak people out. I could totally see that happening.

or even better.. pranks by the power companies..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
LMAO!!!!! Nothing is going to happen. Geez.

It already happened. Weren't you watching? It happened March 12, 2012 9:33 PM.
The SDO was watching. What in the world is that triangle on our sun?
The entire 2012 year has been exciting.
December 21, 2012 is just the passing through the Milky Way Galactic Plane.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

Its just a filament.. They happen all the time.. Nothing to worry about..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apparitions
I've been reading about Friday for almost 20 years now. The weird thing is there is very little hype at all going for the 21st. There have been a ton of weaker predictions that have gotten way more attention than this by the media. How bizarre.

In my area of the world it's been getting blown up by the media for the last month.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What most people don t realize: mayans did not have the leap years. So the 21.Dec 2012 according to their calendar already passed!

So, no i am not crapping my pants.

The only thing that could get out of hand is the self-fullfilling prophecy; when large group of people go crazy because of the prophecy. (or even the non fullfilling of the prophecy).

Best advise, as in the hitchiker guide: DON'T PANIC and always have your towel ready.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
I wasn't until yesterday. I live in central Kentucky. It was 61 degrees, raining, hailing. I get to my house after work and the hail and unrelentless rain and arrive to clear blue skies and 4...count them 4...double rainbows. One is rare. What is 4???

It was all over the news and were sighted everywhere yesterday around the area.

I just dont know what to make of it. Look to the right of the picture and you will see smaller thumbnails of the double rainbows spotted all over the area.

Double Rainbow pics

They really aren't as rare as you think, I live in the Rockies and see them every summer I've seen four in a weeks time!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

That "filament" is half the size of the sun!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It doesn't work like that. They had no use for "Leap Year" because they calulated it into their long count straight off the bat. Their method of timekeeping is the accurate one not dictated by 360 days but 360 degrees.

Mayas' missing leap year

The ancient Maya, famed for their elaborate and accurate calendar systems, observed two calendar years, but neither seemed to have bothered with a leap year.

"As far as we know, the people of Mesoamerica, the Maya included, didn't care about leap years," said Anthony Aveni, an expert in ancient Mesoamerican astronomy at Colgate University.

The Maya solar year of 365 days was central to the agricultural cycle, while their ritual year of 260 days was critical for determining auspicious dates.

These calendars were carefully designed to synchronize in 52-year cycles, but no effort was made to prevent "drifting" dates.

"They didn't care if they didn't have a white Christmas, or if their Fourth of July wasn't in the summer, to put it in our terms," Aveni explained.

The Maya instead placed priority on marking the passage of time through additional calendar systems such as the Long Count, which unfolds on a cycle more than 5,000 years long.

"Our philosophy about leap year is a complicated scheme to make the seasons jibe with the calendar," Aveni said.

"They were more concerned that time should be unbroken, not interfered with, and that the count of time should have continuity," he said.

"To break continuity would be to break order."

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Originally posted by svetlana84
What most people don t realize: mayans did not have the leap years. So the 21.Dec 2012 according to their calendar already passed!

So, no i am not crapping my pants.

The only thing that could get out of hand is the self-fullfilling prophecy; when large group of people go crazy because of the prophecy. (or even the non fullfilling of the prophecy).

Best advise, as in the hitchiker guide: DON'T PANIC and always have your towel ready.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

I did some searching on the net.
The time for the event is 10:05 AM Central Time. That's 9:05 AM Eastern Time - New York
Now you know.
Our sun may go completely dark at around 9:04 AM EST.
It could look like a solar eclipse.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I bet some radio station is planning a " War of the Worlds" type broadcast. It would get ratings, but would probably result in jail time.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join