It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are your children being conditioned to accept drones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Nice short and to-the-point thread, I'm quite sure the image does all the speaking I need to do.
Psychological implications, anyone?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I hate to the barer of bad news, but the larger public seems to have already accepted drones as a tool of warfare. Or did you mean the use of drones over American skies to spy on citizens? If that is the case, I believe that is already being done in drug prevention operations. Either way, no need to brainwash the younger generation--we've already consented with our indifference and silence on the matter.

-Ghoster
edit on 18-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We are ALL being conditioned to accept drones but even if the majority of us dont, theyre going to fly them anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
I hate to the barer of bad news, but the larger public seems to have already accepted drones as a tool of warfare. Or did you mean, the use of drones over American skies to spy on citizens? If that is the case, I believe that is already being done in drug prevention operations. Either way, no need to brainwash the younger generation--we've already consented with our indifference and silence on the matter.

-Ghoster

You're not paying attention to the proper channels if you think Americans have been silent on this issue. I can't recall names at the moment but I know of at least 1 Sheriffs Dept in CA that had it's drone aspirations shut down by the community.
edit on 18-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

I hate to the barer of bad news, but the larger public seems to have already accepted drones as a tool of warfare. Or did you mean, the use of drones over American skies to spy on citizens? If that is the case, I believe that is already being done in drug prevention operations. Either way, no need to brainwash the younger generation--we've already consented with our indifference and silence on the matter.

-Ghoster

You're not paying attention to the proper channels if you think Americans have been silent on this issue. I can't recall at the moment but I know of at least 1 Sheriffs Dept in CA that had it's drone aspirations shut down by the community.

Well, I stand corrected, thanks for informing me.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theghoster

Just for reference: www.thenewamerican.... com/usnews/constitution/item/13838-public-outcry-halts-calif-sheriffs-plan-to-purchase-drone

Links broken somehow...

www.thenewamerican.com...
edit on 18-12-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

-Ghoster

You are correct. They have been flying predators out of the NAS base a few miles from where I live for a couple of years now.
I used to work there and I actually saw one coming in for a landing on the way to work one morning

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well, in linguistics we acknowledge that children are the reason for language change. Language is a part of culture, so they most likely foster that as well. I guess it's a matter of winning the children.

On a side note, Im willing to bet that most parents don't let their children watch the 6 o'clock news because of the negative, horrific stories that can pop up. So, I have to ask, how many parents (or teachers for that matter) have worked these events into discussions at the dining room table or in the elementary school classroom? And, considering the ages of the victims, how many children are self-identifying. There's a reason they put two little boys pretend playing with army trucks or action figures in commercials. It's so the little boy identifies with the actors of they're age groups. Probably would still sell the action figure or toy truck if it were just a picture of it on the screen or in a magazine, but would you sell as much without making it a vicarious scenario for the youth?

I guess the drone is just one more example...I can see the commercial now with my effed up sense of humor...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
in the war 'on drugs',

i believe the drones are used to deliver the drugs.

where there's drugs there's drones !

top topics

join