It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many americans can shoot accurately ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So I was quoted to earlier that there are 270,000,000 registered guns in the USA.
I served in the IDF and received training in how to shoot accurately.
After service I made sure to go to range and blat rounds to keep up my 100% hit rate.
My question is although I believe in your right to bear arms, how many can shoot accurately under pressure ?
edit on 18-12-2012 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

How many americans can shoot accurately ?

Based on the number of times they have shot at their own people, or worse, our people by accident….. not very many

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
10? idk I can shoot very well, always have been.. must have been thanks to video games giving me extra ordinary hand/eye coordination.

I picked up a compound bow last week, never shot one before in my life, older model not one of these super hardcore types with all the specials dodads to help you hit something.. Shot a dead center target on the 3rd try at 60yrds

I bought a crossbow recently as well and I am very good with that already also although its a pretty no brainer it has red dot sight or I have a scope for it and both its pretty easy to shoot with, like shooting a gun with no recoil or loud noise.. I coudl easily split an arrow with it so I specifically try not to shoot arrows near each other since carbon arrows are pricey $$$

With my bow I have never shot outside the blue other then when I saw sighting my new sight in. Guns it really depends what caliber but pretty much if you are close enough for me to see you, you would be dead no matter what weapon you put in my hands

What most people don't understand is in most places its pretty hard to just get a gun, and if you do it legally you are usually required to take classes and a safety course before you can apply for any type of gun license. In TX though you can buy a gun from a person and just give them cash and say have a nice day no need to register or anything. But if you go through a gun shop you have to do much more and if you want a concealed permit you have to take special classes and do allot of paperwork and background check, mental health evaluation and crap.

I have my weapons for hunting, I do rarely hunt now but I have recently gotten more weapons and I am stocking up on ammo like extra arrows and equipment to fix them, ect so that if anything happens I can hunt food and not have to waste bullets.

link   
Not many, that's why they need guns that hold a lot of bullets.

link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah we lost more soldiers to the USA than Iraq in the first war.
Choose your friends wisely

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yeah I know I have heard that before that’s what I meant, I was only half joking with that comment.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Off topic:
Read your post earlier,
I'm cornish by birth and cousin swears she has cornish as nationality on her passport just contacted the authorities to see if this is still possible.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm a terrible shot with a pistol or rifle; that's why I prefer a 12ga.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm cornish by birth and cousin swears she has cornish as nationality on her passport just contacted the authorities to see if this is still possible.

Don’t know why you are not just posting this in my thread but.

You can claim to have “Cornish” nationality, if you see Cornwall as a nation separate from England however as Cornwall is not a sovereign state, and neither is England you cannot have “Cornish” citizenship and therefore a “Cornish” passport. It may state that her place of birth was Cornwall but this does not mean she has a “Cornish” passport, I can’t quite recall though if place or town of birth features on a passport.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

um.... your location is upper michigan???
just cause you live near Canada leaves you still in Michigan my fellow American

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

Good catch I just wonder how many will admit they can't shoot accurately.
Especially under pressure, I once watched one of those 'cop' programmes where a 'perp' and cop let loose 34 rounds at close distance and missed !

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I am a gun owner and have a C.C.W. as do many other americans.
I have never been under pressure to use a gun and I pray that I never
have to.
I get head and body shots everytime I practice shooting at 10 to 20 feet.
Out of 5 shots,I usually get 2 to3 in the bullseye area.I haven't been to
the shooting range much lately and my score is probably lower now.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

We were taught from 10 meters (around 33 feet) to 25 meters (around 75 feet).My weapon of choice was a browning FN 9mm. I'm well out of practice since moving home to england and doubt I could hit 100% head and body anymore and certainly not under pressure as I once could. Thing is when I carried a weapon I made sure I could use it. The army made sure I could use it under pressure, by some pretty harsh training, When the time came it was clean, quick and as a return fire to a direct threat to my life. I was stupid enough to make myself a target by wearing a uniform, but at least when the time came it was as a reaction, well trained, clean, I wouldn't dream of carrying a pistol now, I'd be frightened to miss.

edit on 18-12-2012 by cody599 because: pescky w

edit on 18-12-2012 by cody599 because: pescky r as well

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Thanks for your honesty

Get down the range and get your eye in, your kids may depend on it one day, if you take that responsibility then please take it seriously.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ive been shooting guns since I was about 9 or 10, pistols, rifles and shotguns and shot expert with m16 and m9, years ago.
I dont currently own a gun and havent shot one in a long while but im confident I could pick it back up with a bit of practice.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Changed my mind
edit on 18-12-2012 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Me too
The point is, would you be confident in taking a relatively long range shot with an innocent nearby and guarantee a hit on target ? I know I couldn't. Of the 270 000 000 prequoted licensed weapons how many would hit the target ? The problem isn't the gun laws, It's the lack of follow up in capability to use said firearm.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

would you be confident in taking a relatively long range shot with an innocent nearby and guarantee a hit on target ?

Id have to say before answering, it depends on the weapon, the sights/scope and how familiar I was with that particular weapon, not to mention what you mean by "relatively long shot" and how close the innocent was.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Let's say it makes no difference.
If you carry a weapon and you are in a situation to use it. Can you guarantee you are trained enough and confident enough to do so,? I had to be assessed once a year. No where near enough for my opinion. I am completely ignorant of the laws in America. But surely if you can't hit a target you shouldn't carry a weapon ?
The whole I'm a man 'cause I have gun is useless, and pointless, the whole it is my right is bollocks if you can't use it effectively and selectively

top topics

<<   2 >>

join