It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They win, I'm going insane!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I'm sure most of us have fallen victim to believing too much of what we hear or say. Currently because of "conspiracy's" I no longer trust the government, (good paranoia)

Don't use fluoride tooth paste,

don't eat red meat,

no mcdonalds,

stock pile weapons and ammo for the end of the world (lol)

Don't watch / believe news,

pay a lot of money for organic foods,

I do not watch tv shows unless its educational,

I don't drink tap water,

I do not vote,

I get filled with rage thinking about it,

Every thing I hear about in current events (school shootings, bin laden's death etc.) has to run through my brain as a false flag or some sort of conspiracy.

I do not think this is healthy.... or is it?

I once heard on a movie someone made the comment to another, "You are paranoid." The others response was something to the affect of "Am I paranoid enough?" This got me thinking.
how much of life am I to stay sheltered at the cost of "healthy" "safe" living?

I figure if anyone has figured out the balance for this equation then that balance is for them.

As my professor would say.... "thoughts?"

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
So you are malnourished, live in fear, get fleeced by people hawking organic food at inflated prices, dehydrated from lack of replenishing liquid sources...Oh and you have anger issues.

I think I'll just continue drinking the kool aid. My life seems a lot better.

edit on 18-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
So you are malnourished, live in fear, get fleeced by people hawking organic food at inflated prices, dehydrated from lack of replenishing liquid sources...Oh and you have anger issues.

I think I'll just continue drinking the kool aid. My life seems a lot better.

Actually I am slightly over weight, looking forward to the end of the world as we know it, and I have HUGE anger Issues, not a bad diagnosis there boncho, do YOU eat the pink slime?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Actually I am slightly over weight, looking forward to the end of the world as we know it, and I have HUGE anger Issues, not a bad diagnosis there boncho, do YOU eat the pink slime?

Love the pink slime.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Honestly though, have you found yourself changing any part of your life from what you believe to be real coming from a site like this?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
The vast majority of what you read on sites like this is complete BS.

ATS is great fun, but sometimes I think it needs a big sign that says "FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!", or "Level of Truth May Vary". Take a lot of it (mostly mere speculation) with a large with a pinch of salt and get both sides of the story at all times (skeptical sites are a must to give balance and a different perspective), and you'll keep yourself sane, I think.

As Boncho says, even if you happen to be right about all of this, what's the point if you're making your life even worse. Eating McDonald's isn't particularly healthy, obviously, but I doubt it's worse than being in the mental turmoil you find yourself in.

Chill out, man.

What's most ironic is, people on sites like this distrust the news greatly because it is inaccurate, but what's posted on this site is often complete garbage, yet people go away and take the ATS word as gospel, and believe nothing the MSN say. That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater, for sure.
edit on 18-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

Thanks for the advise, however there seems to be evidence to back most of the wacky ideas that hinder my comfortable life style. like the increase of children born with deformity's, autism, people with alarming rates of cancer and cancer cells, mental disabilities, obesity, ect. It's just insane that all this goes on and the world ignores it and tells me i'm nuts lol, maybe so but I'm making an effort to not let "them" change me...... except maybe my sanity!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I do all of the above plus about a dozen other things that most folks would consider risky or not sane.

From my POV the folks who don't live - while they've got the chance to do so? I mean really live!? Well, that's insanity!

Today is a gift, tomorrow is an unpromised illusion, and the past is done. My approach? I learn from the past, respect the gift of today - and treat others with dignity because it's their gift as well, and do a pretty good amount of work just in case fate decides to give me the "gift" again tomorrow.

Having said that? What good is a toy never played with?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You
reply to post by boncho

Honestly though, have you found yourself changing any part of your life from what you believe to be real coming from a site like this?

I kill time on this site, I enjoy myself, and I alleviate the stress associated with work by flipping page to page while getting important things done.

Everything I learned to question, I did in real life. That's the difference between knowledge and "knowing" stuff... Or thinking you do.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for your input as well, I used to be the guy (kid/ teen/ young man) most people wanted to be like. I lived life one day at a time, without a care in the world, however now I seem to look at the bigger picture, one that is about more then myself. Some would say that all we have is our self, and to live life they way we want to but it seems that is what help put the world in its current state.

not standing up for what we think is right as a whole but "letting" the world do its thing whilst we divulge in our own perception of what we want our own lives to be like. I'm so lost in this mess, I dont know whats up and whats down. (sigh)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

No doubt. I'm 46 and probably am more considerate/compassionate/thoughtful than 9 out of 10 folks you'd meet. That, to me, is part of respecting the gift of life. I really do do my best to live by the golden rule or reciprocity - whichever one prefers.

In that process, however, I also make sure I treat myself as well as I treat others. IE if ten people sit at my table, they all leave full and happy - but so do I! If there's not enough to sate all? Then we all leave equally fed. I just make sure that I enjoy the meal and company - as often as possible.

Some folks get caught up in living for today - others never really live because they're so afraid of tomorrow. I try to strike a balance. Risk and reward.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You
reply to post by humphreysjim

Thanks for the advise, however there seems to be evidence to back most of the wacky ideas that hinder my comfortable life style. like the increase of children born with deformity's, autism, people with alarming rates of cancer and cancer cells, mental disabilities, obesity, ect. It's just insane that all this goes on and the world ignores it and tells me i'm nuts lol, maybe so but I'm making an effort to not let "them" change me...... except maybe my sanity!

The majority of people do not follow your strict rules, yet life expectancy is at an all-time high. That alone should give you pause for thought.

Let's say you do all the things you're supposed to do, according to ATS, and avoid the things you're supposed to avoid. Are you going to live forever? No. The average life expectancy is just over 80 for a male. How much more do you think you're going to get, and is it going to be worth a life ruined by worrying and avoiding enjoyable things, every day?

People who live to 100 usually do so for genetic reasons, they drink, and smoke, and do the things they're not supposed to do, but they live long due to winning the genetic lottery. Bear that in mind.

Be sensible, be reasonable, and don't smoke or drink like an alcoholic, and don't cram McDonald's down your throat every single day, and you'll probably do fine. The rest is just chance.
edit on 18-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join