It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Now Suspending Accounts Which Question Mainstream Media Reporting/Account of Events

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by L8RT8RZ

Originally posted by DeeKlassified

That is total rubbish. Facebook do not care about censoring adult stuff from children! There are tonnes of adult groups that kids can easily access! I have reported numerous racist, hate speech, and offensive picture posts and each time facebook ignore them and reply that they are not against the rules, even though some of the comments would land you in prison in England.

They have no class or standard to uphold, facebook makes it own rules, they think they are above the law..

The sooner it implodes the better, and the instagram situation is going to sink them..

Their community standards say otherwise. If you disagree, feel free to take it up with them.
www.facebook.com...

These are just words dude, they mean nothing if facebook do not back them up with appropriate actions.

If you had read my post properly you would remember that I said I had contacted them on many occasions, and they just do not give a toss! Contacting them is a waste of space.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Go ahead and delete my account then...no big loss. As to people saying Facebook is a social site and not a place for political views / conspiracies - who made you the post police.

edit on 18-12-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

That's where you are wrong... The information given only states as to what a Government body interprets the Amendment to say.
Where in fact, the "Freedom of Speech" philosophy is so more far reaching then what ANY Government wishes to pin it down to.
How asinine does it sound when a Government says;
"Look, you can say this, that but you cannot say this or that"
When agendas change so frequently, that "Can" and "Cannot" list can be ever changing.

When you surrender a whole right to speak your mind freely without fear or persecution (within the scope of not causing harm or loss to another), then all I think of is;
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Only because it DIRECTLY applies to your diminishing liberties in every aspect of your life.
It starts with small things, like 'Political Correctness' or questioning a school administration in its school paper.

It's all conditioning...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

Nope, it's all the Constitution and the Supreme Court of the United States.

Repeating a lie a million times does not make it truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

That is total rubbish. Facebook do not care about censoring adult stuff from children! There are tonnes of adult groups that kids can easily access! I have reported numerous racist, hate speech, and offensive picture posts and each time facebook ignore them and reply that they are not against the rules, even though some of the comments would land you in prison in England.

They have no class or standard to uphold, facebook makes it own rules, they think they are above the law..

The sooner it implodes the better, and the instagram situation is going to sink them..

Their community standards say otherwise. If you disagree, feel free to take it up with them.
www.facebook.com...

These are just words dude, they mean nothing if facebook do not back them up with appropriate actions.

If you had read my post properly you would remember that I said I had contacted them on many occasions, and they just do not give a toss! Contacting them is a waste of space.

Then your choices are to either deal with it or delete facebook. Their site, their rules.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Exactly, the Constitution is "FOR THE PEOPLE", not the Supreme Court Justice.
It is "FOR THE PEOPLE" to decide what it means.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Exactly, the Constitution is "FOR THE PEOPLE", not the Supreme Court Justice.
It is "FOR THE PEOPLE" to decide what it means.

No, it's for the Supreme Court to interpret, not the everyday guy on the street. You don't have to like it, but that's the way it is. I'm not trying to fight with you here, but that's the way it is. It's the way it was set up and the way it has always been.

Additionally, the Constitution is not "for the people". That's a line from the Gettysburg Address.

edit on 18-12-2012 by L8RT8RZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I just read the terms & conditions of facebook and there is no term who says i can't state my own opinion about what i think about any matter and add that photo to my facebook wall stating my own opinion about this case lets see what happen now.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

We aren't fighting, we are debating

I respect your point of view as it is shared by many.

But the Constitution was made for the people to defend themselves against Tyrants.
That you have to agree with.

So why would the first amendment give power to the types of people it was designed to fight against?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahlv
I just read the terms & conditions of facebook and there is no term who says i can't state my own opinion about what i think about any matter and add that photo to my facebook wall stating my own opinion about this case lets see what happen now.

Probably nothing unless somebody on your friend's list reports it. They'll never see it otherwise. If it does get reported, they'll take it down and suspend your account like they did the other guy.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by L8RT8RZ

But the Constitution was made for the people to defend themselves against Tyrants.

So why would the first amendment give power to the types of people it was designed to fight against?

You're taking a line from the Gettysburg Address, not from the Constitution.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I apologize on the "FOR THE PEOPLE", I got the two mixed up.
I had meant to say "WE THE PEOPLE" as stated on the Constitution, you will have to forgive my American History

edit on 18/12/2012 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by L8RT8RZ

But do you not agree that the Constitution was made to defend the people against Tyrants?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahlv

Probably nothing unless somebody on your friend's list reports it. They'll never see it otherwise. If it does get reported, they'll take it down and suspend your account like they did the other guy.

So what is your point then? People can post what they want, and by them owning the site, they can take it down, suspend the account - whatever.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Facebook can do as they wish with your posted content and your account.
It is their software you are using and you agreed to do so without any guarantee of fair service.
If you disagree with their policies and actions... Stop using it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by L8RT8RZ

But do you not agree that the Constitution was made to defend the people against Tyrants?

No, I don't. The Constitution was made to set up the form of Government that would be used for the country that was founded. Defense against tyrants is addressed but that's not the sole purpose of it.

I'm afraid this may be going seriously off topic. If you don't mind, I'll take a few minutes and create a thread to discuss the constitution based on our discussion so far so we won't break the terms and services here.

edit on 18-12-2012 by L8RT8RZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Then I have said all I can.
It was a nice debate.

Now we return you back to your regularly broadcasted propaganda.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Then I have said all I can.
It was a nice debate.

Now we return you back to your regularly broadcasted propaganda.

Here's the thread if you wish to discuss it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Have never had, and will never have, a Facebook account. I disliked the whole premise from the start, have heard many people having bad experiences related to it, and the longer it goes on, the more insidious it becomes.

Talk about serving yourself up on a platter......

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Freedom of speech means freedom of speech you don't have to like or listen to it but you can say it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join