It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want to take my guns from me because some nut job went crazy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've owned a number of firearms for a number of years. I've never shot anyone, and hope I never need to. I'm trained in Brazailian Jiu Jitsu, I'm a big man, and I know how to take care of myself. All that is not worth s@#t if someone has a gun, or if I get attacked by a mob. To penalize legal gun owners for the actions of criminals is ludicrous. It's like criminalizing all subscription pain killers, because some people can't use them responsibly. A gun, in my opinion, is essential to protecting me and my family, as well as protectiing all of us from tyranny. If governments were always run by honest men and women, it would not be necessary. But unfortunately, that is not, and has never been, the case.
edit on 06/03/2011 by MitchL61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
No, they want to take your guns so you can more easily be controlled.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I know! Just because someone overdoses on heroin doesn't mean heroin should be illegal! Right?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
I know! Just because someone overdoses on heroin doesn't mean heroin should be illegal! Right?

And people drink themselves to death! Let's ban all alcohol!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
i got a better idea. let's just ban the federal government from all the states. then they can live in their fantasy land of banning guns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
How many more of these types of threads do we really need on ATS.

There have been countless mass shootings in America over the years. Yet you still have your weapons.

You know why? Because your Government will be commiting political suicide if they took your precious second amendment away.

Quit being so damned paranoid.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why are you Americans so friggin addicted to your weapons?
It's been all you guys ever talk about since I joined ATS. I'm not picking sides on the weapon issue but dare I suggest that it's the statistics that makes them want to regulate guns? Don't tell me you don't see the problem? I don't know what the solution is, but you have a friggin huge problem.
Ever noticed that there are constantly some new "lone gun nut" and a crazy amount that we don't hear about. Yes one "lone nut" does not say there is a problem, but the constant stream of gun related issues does.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think this anger is going to be focusing on the mentally defect having access to guns. Just watch how the focus will be all mental defects,aspergers,depression,anxiety,adht,add and so on.
The govt will have full access to your health records. Did you ever mention to your Dr that you were depressed? Did you ever say your ,moody? Soon Dr will be turning in all patient's records of the mentally unstable.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This whole issue gets everyone to participate in the game our administrators are playing.

Create the problem.
Get a reaction from the people to the problem.
Give the solution you wanted before the problem was ever created.

It's like a doctor who creates a disease, so he can treat it.
Or an anti-virus company that also pays people to create viruses.

It's all a game to them.

Thesis
Antithesis
Synthesis

Problem
Reaction
Solution

It's a vicious cycle that just repeats over and over again.

Wash
Rinse
Repeat

Because it works, and no one is the wiser. Same M.O. over and over again. And each time a solution, or synthesis is reached. It always takes us in the same direction as a country. Their direction.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Klassified because: Clarity

edit on 12/17/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
But wait,we're going into a financial mess in less than a month.Checks might stop being sent to unemployment recipients.
This show is just getting warmed up.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't have all the answers.........I wish I did. Unfortunately, I think wickedness is becoming more and more prevalent. The only thing that helps me feel safe, are my dogs, and guns.

new topics

top topics

join