It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if someone came for your guns?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What would you do if the military came to your house to get your guns? I don't own any, yet. This whole issue is making me want to buy one pretty bad.

Myself, I would load it up and go sit in my bedroom. If they came in I would warn them not to take it. Maybe I'd leave a note somewhere in plain site? Then if they were to come in my room and try to take it, I would do what I had to.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'd be sad. Then shortly after that I'd be a clear example of what happens to anyone who stands up to oppression.

Then you wouldn't know it happened. Cause no one would report about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Answer is simple. hide them.

What else would you do?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

The military is not coming for anyone's guns. If anything it would be the police.

But if your guns are not registered, how would anyone know to come for them?

link   
reply to post by eXia7

You don't think that they would arrest you for that?

link   
It won't make a difference what any of us decide to do if that happened, because this is how it will go down...

NOLA gun confiscation - Troops told to fire on American citizens

link   
You have asked a question that few will honestly answer in a public forum. I know what my reaction will be and that is what matters. If they do come, will that be our "shot heard around the world"?

link   
reply to post by watchitburn

If I were to get a gun, it would be done legally.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace
reply to post by eXia7

You don't think that they would arrest you for that?

You can be arrested for a lot of things in the US, I don't think hiding your guns to protect yourself and your family is a crime.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'd have to go and buy a crossbow, and learn how to use it.

My guns are only for hunting.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

What would you do if the military came to your house to get your guns? I don't own any, yet. This whole issue is making me want to buy one pretty bad.

Myself, I would load it up and go sit in my bedroom. If they came in I would warn them not to take it. Maybe I'd leave a note somewhere in plain site? Then if they were to come in my room and try to take it, I would do what I had to.

If your asking in the purely hypothetical..I suppose the standoff and fight scenario is a great one to imagine.

In the real world, if the Military or the Cops show up at your door? That day is ending one of two ways and there are only two ways the day will end. Either way, the cops and/or military ARE going home to THEIR families alive and well.

Either, they will leave with whatever guns they can find and leave you standing there spitting nails and pissed off.

Or

They will leave with whatever guns they can find with your bleeding corpse in the middle of your living room floor. There isn't an outcome where you fight and come out of that day alive.

My suggestion? First... buy your guns quickly. Availability isn't what concerns me but prices will skyrocket as the mere hints of real laws come out. .......then make sure your guns simply aren't there to be found. HOW you do that is a topic whole threads are written about. However, standing and fighting is suicide by cop. As long as we all understand the nature of the choice being made there.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Those troops accepted an unlawful order and violated their oaths.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Majority of our military would never do this, they would have to use outside force...UN or an allie maybe. They could not do it nation wide so they would have to start somewhere and the news would spread fast. It would be a very violent situation on a large scale.Total gun ban is not likely anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In the area I live, the cops are fat and lazy. All the citizens are hicks, so they are pretty much in shape and like to shoot anything they can. I doubt many people around here would be taken out by a cop in their own home. I would never want to kill anyone so maybe I would just hide it. I would rather fight than go to jail though. Might think that's stupid of me, but that's me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You should find the videos by the troops who were ordered to do this, listen to them talk about what they felt...that was a test run on if our troops would be able to do it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Simply tell them they are no longer in my possession. See, what happened was...

I was hunting in Michigan in the UP and had my entire aresenal in my dog house. I went to take a wee and got disoriented and could never find my dog house or my arsenal again. My dog house is camoflauge after all. The woods of the UP are dense and desolate.

If they want them, they can try to locate them for me up there.

In the mean time, sorry for their luck.

And I could SO get away with this...because I am blonde. And well, we all know blondes get disoriented.

edit on 16-12-2012 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

You are not required to register your guns. Some states ask you too but you do not have too. There is still a purchase record though.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Military men have more of a conscience. Many of them join the military to help defend and protect the country. Most cops that I know were bullied in school and want power to make up for it. Sorry that's off topic.
edit on 16-12-2012 by JackyMenace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

DO NOT ANSWER THIS TYPE OF QUESTION!!!!!!

This is a Government stooge question. ATS should politely remove this thread as it may get people killed or jailed at the least.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Lol.. I'm not a government stooge and you don't have to say anything violent. I want to know what I should personally do. I would prefer things that would be legal that end up with me having my gun still and NOT be in jail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join