It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if someone came for your guns?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The police most likely will not come for your guns. Yesterday, the local sherrif and i were talking, and I brought up the subject. His reply was to the effect of " I'm not giving up my guns, and I don't expect anyone else with any sense would either." I pushed a bit and asked him "Well, Steve, what would you do if, say, some other agency tried it in your jurisdiction?" He indicated that announcing to the public that all the weapons in his evidence room had to be returned to their owners immediately, and anyone wanting to help returning them could come on by and get them would, and I quote,"Make this the wrong county to try that with"

The state isn't coming for your guns. As a Sergeant in this states largest law enforcement agency, any order comming down to the effect of mass confiscation would prompt me into another "Each of you swore on your honnor to uphold the constitution " moment in breifing.

The U.S. millitary.isn't comming.for your guns. Everytime somone says 'the army will disarm the citizenry' they forget that, in the US at least, the citizenry IS the millitary. When I was still active duty, most of the guys I spoke with had their own weapons at home. And I doubt they are going to give them up. Not so long as they still have the legal and moral duty to disobey a unlawful order drilled into them in basic training.

In my day, somone comming to confiscate privately owned weapons would have to step fast, and be a long, long way from home.
I'm still here, so I guess this is still my day.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace
reply to post by michael1983l

You should seek the help and council of friends and/or family.

Ditto!
I have always had guns and knives around all my life, and even through the hardest times in life, I have never even contemplated ending my own life. Life is hard enough as it is, without you turning against your own self.

You need to work with your friends and family to reinforce your values system that underpins your will to live.

When ever you have feelings like that, reach out for help, If they are truly your friends, they will help, and/or talk to a good consoler to try and help your mental situation.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I cite Occupy because in the last 30-40 years, they stand alone and unique as being one group of citizens ...however low someone's opinion may be of those citizens... who actually DID do something and took some risks by taking a stand.

In the end, it was ineffectual and may have been counterproductive for the whole idea of the authorities getting free training on suppressing citizen protest but at least they had the heart to get up and stand up. I'll never suggest they didn't earn respect for that.

The problem I see is that I've been hearing about patriots lurking in the shadows, ready to 'do something' since I was a kid hearing people talking about the John Birch society and Northern Idaho...not necessarily related to one another or in the same company either.

All I've honestly ever seen from the right is the equivalent of Congress solving a problem by making new committees to study how to solve the problem. It's silly and absurd but it's reality in that the Left has energy and spirit while the Right has that intellectual side that won't quit. Neither side has enough of both to get the job done....but if Americans ever work as Americans and not as political opponents? Heck, it could actually work.

The problem is..both sides are so conditioned and so well accustomed to blaming the other and not those at the top who don't even care about affiliation outside media and elections that I doubt it happens in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Truly sorry you feel that way, that is very sad. Pulling the trigger isn't as easy as you make it sound though, you do have a preservation instinct.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If guns do get banned in well anywhere, you/they should do what we done in England/UK.
Everybody with anysense took their guns and handed them into police (I can't remember what they called this process). It worked well, yes we still get guns here, but only the fools who still get them or have them will be hassled by poice.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I'm about preserving freedom. For me to give any possessions that were purchased legally to the police seems ridiculous. I wouldn't even go to the police station for help. I've had to call them twice about people stealing from me and both times they harassed me. Had a car stolen and subwoofers. They kept telling me I must have stole my car and they thought I robbed somebody else and that's why the stole my subs and just kept questioning me about stuff like that. No thanks. Police = bad, giving up possessions to police = bad.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DC434L2A
The police most likely will not come for your guns. Yesterday, the local sherrif and i were talking, and I brought up the subject. His reply was to the effect of " I'm not giving up my guns, and I don't expect anyone else with any sense would either." I pushed a bit and asked him "Well, Steve, what would you do if, say, some other agency tried it in your jurisdiction?" He indicated that announcing to the public that all the weapons in his evidence room had to be returned to their owners immediately, and anyone wanting to help returning them could come on by and get them would, and I quote,"Make this the wrong county to try that with"

The state isn't coming for your guns. As a Sergeant in this states largest law enforcement agency, any order comming down to the effect of mass confiscation would prompt me into another "Each of you swore on youir honnor to uphold the constitution " moment in breifing.

The U.S. millitary.isn't comming.for your guns. Everytime somone says 'the army will disarm the citizenry' they forget that, in the US at least, the citizenry IS the millitary. When I was still active duty, most of the guys I spoke with had their own weapons at home. And I doubt they are going to give them up. Not so long as they still have the legal and moral duty to disobey a unlawful order drilled into them in basic training.

In my day, somone comming to confiscate privately owned weapons would have to step fast, and be a long, long way from home.
I'm still here, so I guess this is still my day.

My state trooper friend said something similar

He is not giving up his freedom or his guns. He thinks that the idea that a person will come and take them is preposterous. He does, however, believe that some people are dumb enough to hand there's over without a fight.

This guy pisses napalm. I take him at his word.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackyMenace
What would you do if the military came to your house to get your guns? I don't own any, yet. This whole issue is making me want to buy one pretty bad.

Myself, I would load it up and go sit in my bedroom. If they came in I would warn them not to take it. Maybe I'd leave a note somewhere in plain site? Then if they were to come in my room and try to take it, I would do what I had to.

You may have just commiited a felony by typing that.

Commenting on social media is an extreme sport these days. Be safe.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

I don't even own a gun. I am speaking hypothetically. They haven't taken away the second amendment yet, nor the first. Pretty sure I'm good.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If they had a warrant; they could search but I don't have any guns, nor do I want one. I have shot them at shooting ranges when I was younger...but I don't feel a fascination or need to have one.

The constitution requires a warrant for a search; and also has the right to bare arms. I am fine with both existing it is the constitution after all.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
In my opinion, If the U.S. gov. came out and said that they were confiscating guns then there would no doubt be millions of rednecks storming the capitols and Washington D.C. and dragging them into the streets. I have no doubts about this. Until the gallows are put to good use in public square, there will always be corruption in D.C..

If the gov. just showed up at my house, out of the blue, demanding me to hand my guns over, I'd have my wife on the phone calling neighbors and friends to get over there with their guns. I would not hand them over, and I would not fire the first shot unless they tried to break into my home. When a community of rednecks get together with guns, I guarantee the gov. would retreat, just from the sight of mullets alone.

In other words, I would be willing to fight to the death for everyone's rights to bear arms.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Mullets are scary, for sure. Luckily my town isn't that bad. Everyone over the over of 40 has like 10-20 guns though. Guns definitely outnumber people here. Cows might, too...

I have been looking into getting a gun. Want an AR-15. I would be a case for it and keep it locked up. Will probably end up getting a handgun just because it's cheaper.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

What guns?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Don't understand your question.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JackyMenace

He is implying the proper response to the feds when they knock on your door and ask you to hand over your guns.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I feel stupid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join