It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not banning guns and that is that.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

That isnt any kind of argument. Its something a college freshman would make. When the founders said arms they were talking about fire arms.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So many people don't see the hobby side of guns. Having a good day at the range or out in the woods is a blast when you are shooting at target's or clays. To say guns are only for killing is idiotic.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
Here is some stats for those who refuse to understand the gravity that is "Shame".

Paranoid nation armed to the teeth.

Interesting to note......Australia Vs America

I see that Switzerland is noticeably absent from that list. I wonder why? An attempt to remove data that does not reflect the underlying agenda?

I notice how all of these stats refer to "gun murder" as if murder by other means was acceptable. A more honest approach is toral murder rates.
Let's look here:
en.wikipedia.org... e_rate

Notice that the US has a murder rate of 4.2, whereas Mexico, with some of the strictest gun control laws in the Americas, has a murder rate of 16.9.
Greenland has strict gun control with a murder rate of 19.
UK has one of 1.2, less than ours, but not that much. Ours have been coming down inthe last decade, the UK's has been going up.
Switzerland, with full auto machine guns in every closet has a murder rate of 0.7.

edit on 17-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

That sounds good to me.
Lets follow Switzerland.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The debate is not over, it cannot be over. We need solutions to problems and to say the debate is over is to say that we will have no solutions. I do not accept that. We must engage each other and hammer out the answer to this problem. We must admit that this problem we face is not one envisioned by our forefathers and we must look to the wisdom of the living to help rid us plague of violence. There will not be one grand answer, we all know this. So you can say the debate for gun control is over but it is not, nor is the debate on mental healthcare or any other part of the puzzle that must be scrutinzed if we are to let our children live the American dream and not lay dead in our halls of learning.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

The debate is over. The 2nd Amendment is here to stay.
If the principal had a handgun he could have saved over 20 lives.
Unarmed = Sitting Duck

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by Helmkat

Unarmed = Sitting Duck

If the principle had a gun she is just as likely to still be dead and the gunman would of just had another gun. The debate continues.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

The principal was a sitting duck. No chance of survival.
With a gun....there would be a very good chance of survival of over 20 children.
One person in that Aurora,Co theater could have shot that red headed nut.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They aren't banning guns because they don't need to. The citizens and our guns aren't a threat if there were really a plan to make us into servants.

All of you gun nuts with Red Dawn dreams may as well let that dream die! If they came for us, there isn't anything that can be done by us. They have weaponry which makes our assault rifles obsolete. They can simply gas us to death! They can mircrowave, bake, nuke, drown, the list is endless. All without coming in the sights of our guns.

So all this justification saying armed citizens are keeping us from tyranny............

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by Helmkat

Unarmed = Sitting Duck

If the principle had a gun she is just as likely to still be dead and the gunman would of just had another gun. The debate continues.

That's not true. Consider that the majority of these deranged shooters either off themselves or surrender the instant someone armed shows up. Very likely the murder in this instance would have shot himself as soon as he saw an adult with a gun, much less taking fire.

This is exactly how the Pearl, Mississippi rampage was stopped, a principle with a gun.

Vice Principal Joel Myrick held his Colt .45 point blank to the high school boy's head. Last week, he told me what it was like. "I said 'why are you shooting my kids?' He said it was because nobody liked him and everything seemed hopeless," Myrick said. "Then I asked him his name. He said 'you know me, Mr. Myrick. Remember? I gave you a discount on your pizza delivery last week."

The shooter was Luke Woodham. On that day in 1997, Woodham slit his mother's throat then grabbed a .30-30 lever action deer rifle. He packed the pockets of his trench coat with ammo and headed off to Pearl High School, in Pearl, Miss.

The moment Myrick heard shots, he ran to his truck. He unlocked the door, removed his gun from its case, removed a round of bullets from another case, loaded the gun and went looking for the killer. "I've always kept a gun in the truck just in case something like this ever happened," said Myrick, who has since become Principal of Corinth High School, Corinth, Miss.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Ok.. your way of the mark, CNN?
I'm British .. even so.. don't watch Tv to often.
And how about giving me an inteligent reply instead of a bully tactic op.
If america is such an example to the world as they claim.. how about leading
an example of abolishing guns with hope that the world might follow?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TripleDoubleSingle

Imagine that.. 'America.. leaders of the campaign against free arms around the world'
Instead it's more like.. 'America.. leaders of the campaign of using and giving guns around the world'.

Why is it so hard to realise guns DO kill.. its what there made for!!! guns are quite bluntly..BAD, more innocent than not die from guns in my observations.

edit on 17-12-2012 by TripleDoubleSingle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i read your replies

i got to say

there are two things that i really dont get about america

1) hating free heatlhcare

2) needing to carry assault rifles....30 if i want...

its like people want each other dead...i understand america is a massive place....but i hate that people in the woods, who should have guns...are overwhelming the argument for inner city assault rifle carrying fools

weapons are for hunting..and for a detterent used by the police

thats it

no exceptions

licence holders are ok....but we need to stop making so many...that they fall through the cracks....and controling ammo isnt enough

NRA....sholud change their name to NARA....National Assault Rifle Assosiation...you know...because of the herds of attacking reindeer that keeep terrorisng inner cities

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Helious

Correct but theyre going to make it damn harder to obtain.

Stock up now.

Right. I see a definite ban on hi-cap mags coming a mile away, and perhaps they'll even score a ban on "assault weapons". It will be impossible to legally obtain either for a while. Remember, they did it once and will do it again now that the weak-minded are being led by the nose.

Buy em while you can. Until the supreme court hears the lawsuit, anyway. I would not be surprised if the weak-minded justices of the supreme court upheld it, and one "conservative" justice relented. Remember Obamacare.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Was just passing through the kitchen and cnn was on (surprise) and they showed obama saying he's going to do all in his power to make a change with the gun laws, so saying nothing is about to happen is too quick to confirm.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TripleDoubleSingle
reply to post by TripleDoubleSingle

Imagine that.. 'America.. leaders of the campaign against free arms around the world'
Instead it's more like.. 'America.. leaders of the campaign of using and giving guns around the world'.

Why is it so hard to realise guns DO kill.. its what there made for!!! guns are quite bluntly..BAD, more innocent than not die from guns in my observations.

The knife was made to kill, yet Im sure you use it without harming anyone in your daily routine right?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
So many people don't see the hobby side of guns. Having a good day at the range or out in the woods is a blast when you are shooting at target's or clays. To say guns are only for killing is idiotic.

No money idiot. The only way they can fully ban guns is
#1 WW3
#2 US taking over China or Russia implemented their laws there, then come back and start replacing laws.
#3 America falls(No Civil War, survivors are the evil and ignorant ones), Internet is dead, etc
#4 Space Technology never came to the public(Alien invasion)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi
The second amendment says you have the right to bear arms.

Nowhere does it say the right to bear guns. A bow and arrow can be defined as arms, as can a big stick - no one is talking about stopping you from bearing those.

The 2nd amendment doesn't mention bows and arrows, either. The term 'arms' is a much broader definition than what you're trying to suggest and certainly does include firearms.

The most recent Supreme Court case, DC v Heller, held that the DC handgun ban was unconstitutional because it banned an entire class of weapons that were in common use for traditionally lawful purposes, such as hunting or self-defense. You damn well can't use a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes if the ammunition is banned! Again, such a ban on ammunition would be a blatantly obvious attempt at circumventing the 2nd amendment and is clearly intended as a de-facto ban.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Computron
Was just passing through the kitchen and cnn was on (surprise) and they showed obama saying he's going to do all in his power to make a change with the gun laws, so saying nothing is about to happen is too quick to confirm.

He can say whatever he wants. The question is whether or not the GOP-controlled House wants any part of it. I'm guessing not. It would drive away millions of rural conservatives and guarantee a major GOP loss in the 2014 election cycle, and I suspect might even relegate them to minority status for a generation.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Computron

Ok well would you rather be attacked from 20 yards by a knife or a gun?
If you were to slip into the shoes of a complete maniac..then what weapon if they were in front of you.. would you find most effective when in a public area?
If you were to say a knife.. you would have to think of yourself as a ninja.. because in reality people wont be as hesitant to stop you if you only bared a knife.
A gun is terrifying.. This is why the police stay outside..hidden outside cars in till the damage is done.
Its all made to easy for the 'insane'.. and it should be so easy as humanity to figure out.. take guns out of public domain! When I say this I don't mean.. stop hunting, playing sports, shooting ranges.. Just have more control and don't bring the blooming thing home with you.. Kids can be dumb.. maybe its the tap water..

I think a lot of you good Americans fear guns and the sports behind it are going to disappear.. it wont.. you'll just find it hard to explain to the police if they were to visit.. why you have a gun in your house and not at your local shooting club.

The knife was made to kill, yet Im sure you use it without harming anyone in your daily routine right?

Knifes were first used as tools..
I don't recall a gun ever being used as nail gun first at any point in history

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join