It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not banning guns and that is that.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Greetings,

I have read more idiotic posts, blogs and articles than I can stomach the last couple days regarding the very tragic shooting in Connecticut and though my heart is saddened I must digress. Having children myself, I am shocked and disgusted by this event but I am even more disgusted by the disposition of some of my fellow Americans in retort to this violence.

All of us, everyone, must realize that if you take the guns out of the hands of those who abide by the law and that law if pushed to definition is the constitution then the only people who will have guns will be those that do not care for law, nor rights, nor any other thing that prevents them from using it to harm you or somebody else. It is a deception of this countries media and outlets to drive you to believe that wickedness and harm only befalls those who live in a society that has guns. A deception you must overcome and resist because it is wrong.

There are atrocities the likes of which most of us could only fathom in deep nightmares in our beds at night that happen every day in other countries across the world and the overwhelming majority of those do not involve guns. These things I speak of involve intimidation, be it political or private, kidnapping, torture, rape, mutilation, the killing of women, children, families be it by machete hacking and slashing people to death or being thrown in a pit and burned alive while there family is made to watch.

Guns are not the problem in our country, gun control is not the answer to be safer in every day life, wickedness will always exist and as long as it does you can not and should not blame it on any one tool of delivery. Think on this, they now have sky marshals on planes and when was the last plane hijacking you remember? Why not have one or two teachers in every school have the duty of equipping firearms that are trained in the matter and know how to deal with such a situation? Pay them more, make sure they have the proper training and have them ready in the very unlikely event something like this should happen in there district.

Our second amendment right is there not only to protect our person, possessions and family, it is there PRIMARILY to protect us from tyranny. There is no "gun right" debate, there is only the constitution that states that we all have a right to bear arms and we do so for multiple reasons. It is not a DEBATE, don't let the media trick you into thinking it is. It is written into our rights as United States citizens and it was done so for a very, very good reason. There is no debate.

What should happen is that more "good" people should carry there firearms, those people should be allowed more places with less restrictions so they can counteract the people that do not care for law and would seek to hurt, harm or injure those who can not defend themselves by virtue of the fact the criminal knows they can't because of our laws and rules.

That # bag knew for moment one he planned this that there would be no opposition at all, he knew that because anyone teaching or being employed by the school would NEVER be allowed to carry a firearm so he knew he could walk in scott free and kill as many people as he wanted until the snipers or swat showed up.

The gun laws should be changed. They should be relaxed so that law abiding citizens of this country can go back to defending there own lives and those of other innocents instead of having to rely on hostage teams and local police to decide whether they live or die.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

that is that

Glad you laid down the law with such conviction because many are not so sure that 'That is That'.

Actually, It isn't 'That is That'.

They are coming for the guns, it's been planned for years, it's being played out. They WILL come for the guns. That is That.

Now, the only question is, who will win?

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
They will get a few guns, most smart people know how to hide their weapon caches, and some have arsenals full with millions of rounds of ammo stockpiled..Obamas a fool and will waste even more precious resources attempting a weapons grab, and most likely get a pill for his trouble

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
One could argue that #2 & #10 are the only two amendments, from the Bill of Rights, left functioning.

#2 requires taking bullets one at a time.

#10 renders federal government useless if the states secede.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
After the internet backfired on them...
They tried to censor it and cannot because it makes too much money now.
The guns have been in their sights for years....and they'll never touch it.
Only dopes think this...
Come pry the guns from our itchy fingers. Long live the 2nd amendment.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

that is that

Glad you laid down the law with such conviction because many are not so sure that 'That is That'.

Actually, It isn't 'That is That'.

They are coming for the guns, it's been planned for years, it's being played out. They WILL come for the guns. That is That.

Now, the only question is, who will win?
Peace

Only time will tell my friend, there are many who say they will have to pry it from there cold dead hands but talk and action...... Sadly, are often very far apart. There is no doubt that intended, contrived, constructed or not, the government never lets a tragedy go to waste when it comes to "reform" that involves more control of the American people. They will use this event to spearhead the campaign to limit and or remove weapons or weapons of any consequence from the public's possession.

The biggest problem with this logic is that it serves no purpose in keeping people safe, it only furthers the chance of harm because innocents then become sheep in knowing there is nobody around who is able to defend them because there right to own or possess firearms has been removed leaving you completely helpless begging for government help. Not a situation I would want to be in, ever.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Exactly. I starred and flagged Helious for his general viewpoint, but I will not be discouraged from believing that they are coming for the guns.

I once did a search on the "price of liberty is eternal vigilance" quote and found some 15 speeches where it was used to tremendous effect. There's a reason that 15 great speechmakers wanted to make the point that we always have to be awake and aware when it comes to our liberties. I am not jumping off of this bandwagon, I don't care what anyone says....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'd say that IS that until the Supreme Court says otherwise....and they can't just say anything they want, either. A bad law needs passed...by both houses of congress (fat chance right now, good law or bad, and that's at least 2 years out too) then it has to be used to violate someone ....(that wouldn't take too long if one were passed) .. Then it has to go through at least 3 levels of court before getting to the Supremes, who usually take the better part of a year to render much more than a ham sandwich.

So, if they actually passed something more than bad ideas in the first part of the new congress, it would be 2014 at least before the Super Court even GOT another case to MAYBE go back on saying this is an absolute individual right and CANNOT be banned, period, end of story, done.

The End.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
After the internet backfired on them...

I don't think it did. If the internet was an information gathering tool, it has probably succeeded far more than they could have dreamed. And since the majority of people still think the government are mostly good guys looking out for us, I don't see how it has backfired.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ATS doesn't want to hear this. They want to hear that the boogie man is going to take your guns away...which is not going to happen anytime soon.

The NRA is way too strong, the corporate gun lobby owns our politicians. It's like saying Monsanto is being shut down...no one on ATS would believe that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Correct but theyre going to make it damn harder to obtain.

Stock up now.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

although i agree with everything you said, you have said nothing any different than a hundred or more members have said on this site. but in the years from 1993 to now against the constitution has not stopped our government from doing pretty much what they damn well please.
how do you explain the fact that they had a gun ban in the past. it might not have been a all out gun grab, it did succeed in causeing severe losses in our second amendment right and some would say our first and fourth.
and they have been making a steady push to take away more and more.
and you can bet that they are tweaking the gun ban list as we type.

edit on 16-12-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
There's a gun show rolling through here on the 27th. Me and a whole bunch of friends are all going and buying guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No, guns will not be banned in this country, in fact the vast majority of gun control-advocates are not pushing to ban every gun from ownership of citizens. I'm not even aware of any country in the western world that has completely banned weapons from private ownership... I just see stricter gun control laws.

reply to post by Helious

Guns are not the problem in our country,

Guns aren't the sole problem, they only form part of the problem. You have countries like Japan where there are 0.6 guns to every 100 people, yet their gun homicide rate is at average, 11. Compared to the United States having 88 guns for every 100 people, and more than 9,000 gun related homicides per year.

I invite you to check the stats sometime, check out those of the United Kingdom and France as well, these are countries with more people per sq mile than that of the United States, and yet the gun violence here by far exceeds the stats of our allies:
www.guardian.co.uk...

The stats clearly contradict the claim that there needs to be more guns to solve the rate of public shootings in this country, because clearly the United States already has by far more guns per head than any any other industrialized nation, far more. Your answer now is to simply increase our number one status in gun ownership further? Now you want to require or mandate teachers to carry more of these guns?

www.washingtonpost.com...

Our second amendment right is there not only to protect our person, possessions and family

There are many countries out there whom do not possess a second amendment law like we do, however their citizens still have the right to own personal fire arms. In fact Switzerland and Canada have light gun laws as well, yet their gun violence is far less as well. What's going on here? Clearly this has as much to do about our attitudes and culture over guns being viewed as mere "tools" and household items as it has to do with how easily accessible we've made them to be. Guns have become a household item, we're treating guns as tools, we're treating them like problem solvers when they are not.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Who said America is banning guns? I haven't heard it anywhere. I HAVE heard many people calling for gun control and that will come to pass but no one wants to ban guns. People want to make it just a little bit more difficult for crazy people to get their hands on them, which I am sure everyone will agree needs to be done.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Helious

Correct but theyre going to make it damn harder to obtain.

Stock up now.

So you can sell them? You only need as many guns as you can use.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
There's a gun show rolling through here on the 27th. Me and a whole bunch of friends are all going and buying guns.

You'll be filmed and fingerprinted and the guns tracked.

Just kidding. I don't want anybody getting paranoid...

edit on 16-12-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

don't buy from gun dealers, buy from individuals.
leave no paper trail.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Merlin Lawndart

don't buy from gun dealers, buy from individuals.
leave no paper trail.

Only if you plan to use your gun for something illegal. Otherwise what do you have to hide about? Trouble with people in this country...no gun, no guts.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Helious

Who said America is banning guns? I haven't heard it anywhere. I HAVE heard many people calling for gun control and that will come to pass but no one wants to ban guns. People want to make it just a little bit more difficult for crazy people to get their hands on them, which I am sure everyone will agree needs to be done.

Many people calling for gun control. That small sentence pretty much says it all. In a large number of states we already have gun control on the level of needing federal finger print identification, a complete and total background check and then a hearing on why you feel you need to be able to carry a firearm. THAT IS GUN CONTROL.

A crazy masochist who is hell bent on killing people does not need to go through any of those procedures, all they need do is have 300.00 US dollars and they can purchase there killing weapon of choice, nevermind the laws. This is what people need to realize. Tightening security on legitimate gun purchases is not going to do a damn thing to keep guns out of the hands of lunatics, the only thing it does is decrease the number of people who could stop those lunatics before they did any real harm.

Most insane, derange and violent people don't apply for there state license to own firearms, just fyi........

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join