It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to ban the mentally ill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

Nowhere did I suggest that. In fact I have been very vocal that the OP's idea is horrible. However that doesn't mean we should ignore the facts. The research shows that schizophrenics are four times more likely to commit a violent crime and a schizophrenic with substance abuse problems is 17 times more likely.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I agree that banning the mentally ill would be a welcome change around here, but the site traffic would suffer exponentially. I, for one, often come here to read the thoughts of the mentally deranged, and find their postulations concerning everything from politics to whichever mission from God they're presently engaged in to be great fun.

I can appreciate your sentiments, especially in the light of what's happened in CT, but if the mentally ill are left with no Internet community to encourage and share in their delusions of grandeur and persecution, then what's to prevent one of them from hosing down the local mall with automatic weapons or (god forbid) becoming door-to-door Jehovah's Witnesses and menacing their own local communities?

I think calm responsible action is what's most needed during times of crisis, and measured calm might be our best course of action until all of this has been properly processed. The problem - whatever it may actually be - isn't going anywhere. It'll still be here when we've taken a moment of two to settle our nerves and allowed a measure of reflection to find its way into our points of view.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
How the heck are all of you missing this guys many posts to show he's not serious? He's making ridiculous statements, then making counters with ridiculous things that are already a reality or in the works by government. He's role-playing. Sheesh. The point of this thread is that people are focusing on non issues, and fetting their minds warped into fighting each other, instead of the puppetmasters who create the conditions in which we are cultured to divide and conquer us all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
can i deduct stars from your thread?

my grandfather had schizophrenia. he was not violent, and wouldn't have hurt a fly.

I think blaming people with a mental illness for this tragedy is disgusting. mass shootings are very very rare events. most mentally ill people are more likely to be victims - e.g. of bullying etc. 1 in 5 people in some countries have a mental illness of some sort. Shall we put all of them in an institute? that's a huge number of people.

they need support and love not hate and ostracism.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PURIFIER
Also, the majority of violent crimes are committed by males. Following your logic, let's ban them too?
edit on 15-12-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

Buhaha

Finally someone on my side.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by newcovenant

What can we do? When we closed insane asylums that was great but the solution is not to let sick people wander the streets and be a health hazard to everyone else. I know some people who imagine building more jails is the answer - it isn't, neither is banning psychotherapy.

I know your heart's in the right place but I believe you have made an error here. The poster you were responding to did NOT say that psychotherapy should be banned. What he said was;

I think the world would be a much safer place if we banned psychopathy.

Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/[1][2] is a personality disorder that has been variously characterized by shallow emotions (including reduced fear, a lack of empathy, and stress tolerance), coldheartedness, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behavior, a lack of remorse, and a parasitic lifestyle. However, there is no consensus about the symptom criteria and there are ongoing debates regarding issues such as essential features, causes, and the possibility of treatment.[3]

The poster then levelled that diagnosis (psychopathy) at our world leaders - and I believe they may have a point.

You are absolutely right Christina and I stand corrected. Thank you for allowing me to see the error and clear up a misunderstanding. You both may be right but I wouldn't level the accusation at world leaders since getting involved in public service in the first place actually negates many of those accusation. People on the other hand are very cold and callous toward each other these days and probably why Adams personality disorder (whose symptoms were clearly evident long before the shooting) Hard to "ban" a personality disorder all the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
How the heck are all of you missing this guys many posts to show he's not serious? He's making ridiculous statements, then making counters with ridiculous things that are already a reality or in the works by government. He's role-playing. Sheesh. The point of this thread is that people are focusing on non issues, and fetting their minds warped into fighting each other, instead of the puppetmasters who create the conditions in which we are cultured to divide and conquer us all.

You can't blame this on "puppet masters" or the NWO

This is a societal problem, a societal failing.

We have a violent culture, a proliferation of weaponry and an over dependance on medication using psychotic drug combinations which when removed cause fatal side effects. They warn you on the side of the bottle. May increase thoughts of suicide - they just can't put "and may cause murderous rampages as well."

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Well the OP has been here since 2006 and you have been here since 2007 so i'm sure you have come across this poster before but as odd as his statement is he did seem to be serious, but if he's making a bunch of strange threads maybe your right!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No as they have a right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" (as long as it does not impinge on the rights and safety of others).....so no "Ban" just "Control",,,,,Mental Illness Control Not Gun Control.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
OK! I'VE HEARD ENOUGHT
I've read through enought threads about guns in the last two days to make me puke. This thread alone, is starting to make me nuts.
Most of you agree that Mentally ill persons should not be allowed to purchase weapons. Does anyone disagree with that? Great! Now that we are all on the same page (except for someone out there that said Who Cares, and I darn well know that someone did.)
What do you do, about all the guns that were brought in the decades preceding a background check. How many of those gun owners are now ill or were at the time. How many guns were passed on from father to son, that today should not have them? How do you know today, who is mentally ill unless they have been diagnosed and is on record?
Anyone of you can be the nicest person that your friends know, and tomorrow their on the news, going O! they were just the nicest person you could ever know. HELLO!!!!!

HOW NICE ARE YOU

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
I agree that banning the mentally ill would be a welcome change around here, but the site traffic would suffer exponentially. I, for one, often come here to read the thoughts of the mentally deranged, and find their postulations concerning everything from politics to whichever mission from God they're presently engaged in to be great fun.

I can appreciate your sentiments, especially in the light of what's happened in CT, but if the mentally ill are left with no Internet community to encourage and share in their delusions of grandeur and persecution, then what's to prevent one of them from hosing down the local mall with automatic weapons or (god forbid) becoming door-to-door Jehovah's Witnesses and menacing their own local communities?

I think calm responsible action is what's most needed during times of crisis, and measured calm might be our best course of action until all of this has been properly processed. The problem - whatever it may actually be - isn't going anywhere. It'll still be here when we've taken a moment of two to settle our nerves and allowed a measure of reflection to find its way into our points of view.

Post of thwe week.
Calm,considered,measured and pure common sense.
What the hell are you doing on here?!?!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I say it is time to ban the "normal" people and put all us "mentally ill" crazies together. I would feel more comfortable for sure.

You "normal" people scare me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

You can't blame this on "puppet masters" or the NWO

I don't believe in "NWO". Social engineers are a reality.

This is a societal problem, a societal failing.

Agreed.

We have a violent culture, a proliferation of weaponry and an over dependance on medication using psychotic drug combinations which when removed cause fatal side effects. They warn you on the side of the bottle. May increase thoughts of suicide - they just can't put "and may cause murderous rampages as well."

Agreed. This all stems from the social engineers which perpetuate cultural memes which are accepted as absolute truth. The "mentally ill", in general, fail to adapt to this programming. Seeing as we're social beings, and they fail to adapt to the society, they manifest "illness". Why are they overmedicated? Yes, big pharma, but deeper, it's because they aren't well. No no, not "chemical imbalance", this is basically spiritual in nature. Not "god", but an inability to adapt sufficiently to programming which is against most individuals constitution.

So yes, I can blame it on the social engineers, even though most seem to be unwittingly pushing us into these delusions. They too are delusional, in my assessment (except for the true psychopaths among them).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Time to truly ban the mentally ill, the psychopaths running this world. This was a Black Operations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
SANDY HOOK reference in BATMAN movie

It should fill everyone with rage and get us into true Serve and Protect mode. We need to secure our world and ensure safety for its children. A think a lot of demanding accountability and not accepting any of their answers is in order.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Time to truly ban the mentally ill, the psychopaths running this world. This was a Black Operations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
SANDY HOOK reference in BATMAN movie

It should fill everyone with rage and get us into true Serve and Protect mode. We need to secure our world and ensure safety for its children. A think a lot of demanding accountability and not accepting any of their answers is in order.

Come on, come on!!!
You must NOT forget the mentally handicapped and the homeless!
If you are going to do it, at least do it properly!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So I see someone acting in a way that is not normal (God, what do we do with half the ATS posters), by 'ban' do you mean kill, dispose of, send to gas chambers, or just lock up.

And who defines the level?. Your comment "Time to ban the mentally ill" seems to show signs of mental illness of another sort. To others I might show the same signs to them.

Who sets the definition of mental illness or irrational behavior? And who pulls the trigger so to speak? Why stop at the mentally ill, why not target those that have sex with animals, or homosexuals, or gypsies, or Jews,,, oh ....sorry, I thought it was 1943 !

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It's time to start locking them in the padded rooms again. If you need mind altering drugs to keep you from harming yourself or others, I'm sorry, but yo need to be removed for the good of society.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
That's already the law. If you can be proven to be a threat to yourself or others in a court of law you can be forcibly committed.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

I Second that notion!!! I know I'm not sane, And I'm proud of that fact. It makes life just A LITTLE bit more interesting!!! Ok, so I got a question for the op, Lets say you have a job you don't mind to do, because you are doing a service to a community, But your job is to Write death certificates, and handle dead people. Now, I know it takes certain people to do that job, But, there has to be some sort of mental illness to be able to cope with what you see day in and day out. Wether it is the attitude it needs to be done(they don't care) or, they actually enjoy it...makes me wonder about them. Should we ban them to??
My answer is no, I know a few people who do those jobs, and they are some of the most SANEST CRAZY people I know and love. HA...chew on that for a while, I await your answer.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Actually the Eugenicists would like to do that....and remove their seed from the gene pool as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join