It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas dad carves pentagram in son’s back because 12-12-12 is a ‘holy day’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Cuervo

Maybe they're allowing it to exist here in the OT Religion forum as it's a slightly different slant?

Anyway, yes, I'm aware that 12/12/12 is nothing but a coincidence of human time-counting.
I just wanted people who do know how Wiccans use the symbol won't blame Wicca for this.

Yeah, it's already more interesting than the other thread.

I understood you weren't attacking any group in particular but I just wanted to take it a step further and point out that the symbol itself isn't exclusive to witchcraft but also in irreligious high magic.

This guy could have been:
- A practitioner of one of many traditions
- A huge math nerd
- One of those Anton Lavey "Satanists" who use it because it looks so spoOooooOOoOOky.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

LOL! Thanks....

well, it said in the article he was seeking "spirituality" and studying the Old Testament. Boo! The OT is a grisly, scary book much like Grimm's Fairy Tales....

and the other day I made a post about how it might have been a major mistake to allow "The Bible" to be translated and made available to any Joe Schmoe. It's a weapon in its own right.

Down with the Bible.

It's nothing but fabricated myths and legends and is, in my opinion, now, at this point in my own search, a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Talk about PsyOps!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Cuervo

LOL! Thanks....

well, it said in the article he was seeking "spirituality" and studying the Old Testament. Boo! The OT is a grisly, scary book much like Grimm's Fairy Tales....

and the other day I made a post about how it might have been a major mistake to allow "The Bible" to be translated and made available to any Joe Schmoe. It's a weapon in its own right.

Down with the Bible.

It's nothing but fabricated myths and legends and is, in my opinion, now, at this point in my own search, a WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION. Talk about PsyOps!

As far as books loaded with accounts of sanctioned child murder and abuse, the OT is definitely up there with Hitler biographies. But I wouldn't call the bible a dangerous tool. It can help some find their own brand of spirituality and empower them to make positive life decisions. Of course it can also lead to genocide so... it's a matter of perspective.

There are countless examples of potent things that can either cause great good or great harm depending on how they are used. Uranium, pharmaceuticals, etc.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

There are countless examples of potent things that can either cause great good or great harm depending on how they are used. Uranium, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Yep! And EVERY ONE of them is a human "innovation". Go figure.

Anything with so much super-human power is both a blessing and a curse. Makes me sick.

EDIT: You know, come to think of it, the same holds for many natural occurrences. Rain, for example. It can drown people, but it also grows crops. We need to consume water, but too much of it will kill you.

Why can't people figure out "MODERATION" and "ALTRUISM"??!!!

edit on 15-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You do know Satan can appear as an angel of light and that the Satan likes religious folks the most?

Catholics I know observe Holy Days by fasting, attending Mass and almsgiving, not by performing satanic rituals....

Please don't attempt to skew Holiness with Wickedness

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Everything on earth is a blessing or a curse,

Water can be a blessing to quench your thirst, or it can be a curse used for water-torture,

Cake can be a blessing as a desert snack, or it can be a curse if you eat it 24/7 and become obese,

The Bible can be a blessing if you use it to get to know God and follow the Commandments, or it can be a curse if you use it to justify your own bad behavior,

Drugs can be a blessing when used medicinally for legitimate purposes, or they can become sorcery when used to induce euphoria and become addictive,

Knives can be a blessing for chopping tomato, or they can be a curse for stabbing school children (which happened yesterday in China, God help us....)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Please don't attempt to make the Bible a positive influence. It isn't.

And I don't believe in "Satan". That concept is man-made as well. And you know it.

In the wrong hands of an uneducated, desperate person, "The Bible" and the ideas of "Satan" are certainly a weapon. You can blame "evil" all you want. If this person had never picked up a Bible, his kid would likely not be carved up like a Halloween jack-o-lantern.

edit on 15-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Really?

The Bible is a weapon of Mass Destruction?

You've been reading too much Dawkins and Hitchens,

You need to undo the delusion,

I suggest some Lee Strobel or C.S. Lewis

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Millions upon millions of people live an upright life due to the positive influence of the Bible,

and because of your own false opinion and a few bad apples,

You've lumped it together with Nuclear Weapons?

I guess God was serious when He said in the last days He was going to send a strong delusion on the world....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You've been reading too much Dawkins and Hitchens,

You need to undo the delusion,

Ahem. *coughs*. Methinks you haven't been reading enough Hitchens and Dawkins, nor history.

The delusion is not mine, friend. I live in the real world: no God here orchestrating evildoings, and no Satan either. Both absent and invisible, therefore not relevant.

see my signature.
Peace.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Okay, well good luck with that,

When you meet God you can't say you've never heard,

I tried.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Millions upon millions of people live an upright life due to the positive influence of the Bible,

and because of your own false opinion and a few bad apples,

Mmm. And millions have been KILLED BRUTALLY due to the negative influence of the Bible.

My opinion is "false", but yours is "true"? Nope! Sorry. You spouting scripture and pseudo-wise-prophetic nonsense is not helping, either.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The truth is not in them who are perishing, lest they should turn from there wickedness and embrace the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ,

a wise man accepts wisdom and reproof, a fool despises wisdom,

Therefore, let those who are unbelieving, stay unbelieving, let those who are wicked, continue in wickedness, and let the upright, continue to be upright,

For the yom of Yah draws nigh

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Okay, well good luck with that,

When you meet God you can't say you've never heard,

I never intended to do that. And kindly spare me the next scripted "you are in for a rude awakening". I never carved up a kid in the name of The Bible or a holy day. I never blamed heinous, atrocious crimes on some unknown "Satan", either.

People are responsible for their actions.

You are passing the buck off to imaginary entities. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You are making a public mockery of all things Good and Holy,

Whoever says they are without sin makes God out to be a liar,

God forbid and may God have mercy on the soul that does.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Dude, seriously? You are wasting bandwidth and your time trying to ridicule me. Go talk to this crazed "Bible-studier" about his actions!

I appreciate the thread bump, but, really, you are not using reason, nor making any kind of constructive contribution. Show me how the misuse of the Bible is nonexistent.....as much atrocity is done in its name as is good; and it's totally dependent on the READER to interpret it. It can be used (like the Torah and the Quran) to justify MURDER, TORTURE, and DEPRAVITY, far, far easier than it can be deciphered and misconstrued to promote good.

Get a grip, sir.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You are making a public mockery of all things Good and Holy,

WHAT?!!

I don't even know what to say to that. You are blaming me?

Stick to blaming God and Satan. You don't have one shred of ammo against me. Deny ignorance. The Bible is mostly a forgery, and almost completely fictional. Proven. It may mention real times and places, but so does any good murder mystery or novel that uses a real location as a background for FICTITIOUS characters and occurrences.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

C.S. Lewis, Lee Strobel, St. Augustine and St. Aquinas,

They've done all the footwork for me and smashed all the lies to pieces,

Dr. Hugh Ross and the Reasons to Believe Ministry is good too, also Dr. Alice Linsey and the Biblical Anthropology blog she runs.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

C.S. Lewis, Lee Strobel, St. Augustine and St. Aquinas,

They've done all the footwork for me and smashed all the lies to pieces,

And other authors have done the same with scripture.

Do your own footwork. Don't take anyone's word for it, especially since you seem prone to reading only that which supports your point of view. Blinders are not good.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I've read Dawkins, Hitchens, Harris, I've read the entire Evil Bible website and I've read hundreds more, when I was trying to debunk the Bible....

I've lived on both sides of this field, I've been an atheist with all the atheist tools of deception under my belt,

Now I play by the rules and accept the Truth,

Sir William Ramsey is another diamond in the rough;

William Ramsay paid particular interest in the New Testament events, particularly the Book of Acts and Pauline Epistles. When he first went to Asia Minor, many of the cities mentioned in Acts had no known location and almost nothing was known of their detailed history or politics. The Acts of the Apostles was the only record and Ramsay, skeptical, fully expected his own research to prove the author of Acts hopelessly inaccurate since no man could possibly know the details of Asia Minor more than a hundred years after the event—this is, when Acts was then supposed to have been written. He therefore set out to put the writer of Acts on trial. He devoted his life to unearthing the ancient cities and documents of Asia Minor. After a lifetime of study, however, he concluded: 'Further study . . . showed that the book could bear the most minute scrutiny as an authority for the facts of the Aegean world, and that it was written with such judgment, skill, art and perception of truth as to be a model of historical statement' (The Bearing of Recent Discovery, p. 85). On page 89 of the same book, Ramsay accounted, 'I set out to look for truth on the borderland where Greece and Asia meet, and found it there [in Acts]. You may press the words of Luke in a degree beyond any other historian's and they stand the keenest scrutiny and the hardest treatment...'

When Ramsay turned his attention to Paul's letters, most of which the critics dismissed as forgeries, he concluded that all thirteen New Testament letters that claimed to have been written by Paul were really his.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join