It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas dad carves pentagram in son’s back because 12-12-12 is a ‘holy day’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well well well...you've finally deigned to give us a tiny, stale crumb from under your table of superiority.

And mentioned three authors (two of whom were saints, and I think "saints" are a construct as well - like the "reserved for employee of the month" parking spots).

Godlover, you are not going to convince me that reason is inferior to legend and faith. Any person can decide that no matter what they read or expose themselves to, they will stand strong in their faith that everyone who disagrees is wrong.

I can't "make" you tell us how old you are, what your background is, or your life story; although I've asked it before, even though you persist in trying to demonize me and shut me up.

Without the story of how you got to where you are, sorry, but your words are empty. You seem to be copying apologist packaged answers from a list of them found in lots of places on the web.

I'm not the bad guy, no matter how much you want to try to cast that on me.

I don't think you're the bad guy either. But I do think you are laboring under a delusion.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Pretty much what you can expect people to do living in rebellion of God. Doesn't surprise me at all. If you want to teach your kids your religion or whatever fine but they should get a chance to make their own choice when theyre older, and part of that choice should be not to get their flesh carved up like a turkey or being burned with branding irons, thats just child abuse.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The article doesn't say what "religion" this jackass believes in, but it sure ain't a Christ-like or Humanist one.
And, for the record, 12/12/12 is NOT a "holy day" to the Wiccans, who use the pentagram for ritual and ceremonial purposes, and to identify themselves to others (such as wearing of a pendant, etc).

Sounds like you're taking your knowledge of the pentagram from Hollywood.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Coming from the guy who worships a god who came so close to making one of his faithful sacrifice his own son.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

How about grab the kid first?? I'm guessing this guy is a deranged monster and probably abuses her, as well.

And I'm guessing jumping to conclusions is pretty normal for you. I enjoy your posts, Wild, but let's not get angsty here.
edit on 15-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

WTF is happening in America people ?
OK I'm intelligent enough to know it's a few nutters, and an infintesmal percentage of the population but for The Is' sake get a grip.
Americans

yeah like the rest of the world doesnt have their head up their arse.
I live in Europe, and 90% of the people, are idiots, arrogant, selfish idiots...
I might be one too, i wouldnt know.
YES IM EMO, AND WHY SHOULDNT I BE. I hate this planet, every #ing day im contemplating....
../..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sounds like a future character for a batman movie..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Someone should get a hot branding iron and burn a pentagon on his backside where the sun don't shine.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sounds like you're taking your knowledge of the pentagram from Hollywood.

No, I'm not. I sought out, paid for, and finished the course; I studied under "High Priest(esse)s". I have the certificate.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

And I'm guessing jumping to conclusions is pretty normal for you. I enjoy your posts, Wild, but let's not get angsty here.

Jumping to what conclusions?
Angsty?

I don't follow your reasoning here.
The guy decided to carve a pentagram in the kid's back. He then did so.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well aside from the religious fairy-tale nonsense this story is a perfect example of why all human males should be sterilized.
Then only those that can pass a basic cognitive test should receive the required medication to reverse the genetic off switch to be allowed to have offspring.

Hear that all you smart genetic scientists? What the world needs is a reversible aerosolized compound genetically coded for humans to make the males sterile until they receive the antidote.

Would somebody for the love of all things Holy start funding this project lest humanity breed itself into extinction.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Not that it changes much, but i found several spelling or grammatical errors in the link provided, whoever wrote that article needs to reread before publishing.

I wonder if the father was hopped up on something? Why would he call and incriminate himself? Sick man.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

you have no proof that he beats on his wife. Why would you make an assumption like that? It's like something someone tosses out in the open just to say, "I don't like this guy, so i'm going to say some nasty stuff about him without any real evidence to support it."

Not that I approve of his actions. He's obviously disturbed on a deep level, and the ignorant hype of doomsday fanatics didn't help. But there's a difference between reacting and preemptive accusations. It's a small thing to get irritated over, but it's the small things that lead to the big things. Oh, look, I made an ungrounded allegation and no one called me on it. I guess that means it's okay.

I'm just keeping things fair. Or trying to, anyway...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

You are aware that it takes male sperm to create life as well, I'm sure. What proof do you have this sicko's 'male' genes were responsible ? Maybe his mum was a tad psycho, I know my ex wife is !

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

You can't change a religious believer anymore than they can change you.
Respect for your beliefs and for sticking so eloquently to them. If you read richard bach's One there is a beautiful passage where THE TRUTH is written and how would you deliver it to the world ? How would prevent people from perverting it ? How would you defend it ?
And so the war of truth begins.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Oh, look, I made an ungrounded allegation and no one called me on it. I guess that means it's okay.

I'm just keeping things fair. Or trying to, anyway...

I said I was guessing, Aft. Guessing. Yes, a jump to a conclusion, and I'll be delighted to find out it was a one-time thing and the offender is rehab-ready, if we ever learn the outcome.

I don't think you're a parent yet, so I'll let the allegation that I made an "ungrounded allegation" just go.

No loving, healthy mother who isn't afraid herself would leave the boy there and allow this to occur. If the guy were barricaded with the son in a room behind a metal door, maybe. But, if she had access to her son, NO WAY.

I also don't think you have much experience dealing with domestic violence and terrorism. If one reads enough case studies, or works with enough victims or perpetrators to get into their mindsets and thought sequences, one is able to discern a pattern. Behavioral science is real - there was some reason this mother left the home WITHOUT HER SON. And it was not because the man is a kind, loving, balanced individual.

If it were me, and my son was being mutilated by a man, first that man would be knocked out cold - during which he'd see stars and blackness after being hit with a baseball bat - ; then he'd wind up in police custody; and he would never, EVER see me or my son again unless he got adequate help. Like I said above, if he had locked himself in a room with no entry, that would be different. But we don't know. Either way, she decided her best option was to go get help.

Even if there was no phone in the house and I had to leave to get help, still he'd have been unconscious with that box-cutter in his hands before I left with my SON IN TOW. The man would be neutralized. Women who are mothers have an automatic response to violence:
GRAB THE KIDS AND RUN.

edit on 16-12-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And also, his behavior is proof enough that HE IS DEEPLY DISTURBED and NOT TO BE TRUSTED with that boy.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Reread my post...a reversible process to keep humans from breeding indiscriminately.
I only choose males because from a medical aspect there are less complications from they being sterile versus a female.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by aethertek

Fair comment.
Thanks for taking the time to clear that up.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

its unfortunate and really sad, must be unimaginably traumatic both physically and mentally, hope the kid does fine.
Wildtimes i appreciate your openess to dialogues so i'l say that i see a pattern in your posts.
You appear to find any reasons to discredit and insult holy books. Here i'l agree with godlover, so you did manage to unite a christian and a muslim!
Are you on a personal crusade to eradicate all religions? Or at least awaken people about the horrible REALITY of religions!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join