It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America "Do Not Let CT Amend Our Constitutiion."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by peter vlar
I wish I could agree with you on the hilarity of this. It's actually quite sad and shows that our education system over here is sorely in need or review and refurbishing. The disinformation spouted simply thru repetition of ignorance is mind boggling to say the least. I may have a different point of view as you on guns but thank you as we'll for your informative posts that hopefully will lead twosome people engaging in due diligence and reading up on history for themselves.

Right, reasonable careful conversation can be had on guns, and in the various threads here there have been many gun advocates agreeing that stronger regulation and dilligent monitoring can reduce the opportunity for crimes.

This is the sort of consensus that can be built when people work together.

On the other hand you have people spouting that gun control is a liberal plot to let mkultra soldiers slaughter their family at night with vaccines caused by global warming and also give their daughters abortions.

They don't really understand the issues, but they've been worked up into a frenzy by NRA types who at every opportunity for 30 years have said the government is coming to take their guns. Hell they've been saying this about obama who has done nothing whatsoever towards gun control now for his entire first term.

It's paranoid delusions, and it's exactly this sort of thing that can lead to violence. People need to calm the hell down and look at the facts of the situation. Thanks for your post.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingsquirel

Thus, the American Constitution since being instituted at the Philadelphia Convention in 1787, has set the precedence of all Global North capatilistic Democracies, which ultimately should not be ratified because of hostile acts by individuals.

Enough said

This makes no sense. At all. Trying to translate your incredibly poor spelling and grammar skills is bad enough, but this literally makes no sense. Is it a joke? Some elaborate ruse?

'Enough said' indeed. You've said nothing. Less than nothing in fact, since you've quoted others and seem to think listing high fallutin' words makes you look clever. It doesn't.

For the sake of the people and argument you're 'defending', just stop. You're making it worse for the ones you think you're helping.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

I wish I could agree with you on the hilarity of this. It's actually quite sad and shows that our education system over here is sorely in need or review and refurbishing. The disinformation spouted simply thru repetition of ignorance is mind boggling to say the least. I may have a different point of view as you on guns but thank you as we'll for your informative posts that hopefully will lead twosome people engaging in due diligence and reading up on history for themselves.

Right, reasonable careful conversation can be had on guns, and in the various threads here there have been many gun advocates agreeing that stronger regulation and dilligent monitoring can reduce the opportunity for crimes.

This is the sort of consensus that can be built when people work together.

On the other hand you have people spouting that gun control is a liberal plot to let mkultra soldiers slaughter their family at night with vaccines caused by global warming and also give their daughters abortions.

They don't really understand the issues, but they've been worked up into a frenzy by NRA types who at every opportunity for 30 years have said the government is coming to take their guns. Hell they've been saying this about obama who has done nothing whatsoever towards gun control now for his entire first term.

It's paranoid delusions, and it's exactly this sort of thing that can lead to violence. People need to calm the hell down and look at the facts of the situation. Thanks for your post.

It's kind of a two edged sword though. Especially on ATS where everything is a conspiracy waiting to be nourished. Sometimes things aren't conspiracy or coincidence and they are just tragic. My daughter is the same age as the kids who were killed in Connecticut and when my wife got home the first thing I said was that even I was going to have trouble coming up with a reasonable argument for at least not exploring alternatives to keep our children safer. Whether its requiring all gun owners to take a licensing and liability approach like we do with cars on the road or its something slightly more extreme like requiring all schools to have an armed response team I don't know. What I do know is that we can't be afraid to have a dialogue about this that goes beyond referring to the 2nd amendment as the holy grail of American ideology. If America is so amazing then why are we afraid to discuss the issue unless its because nobody wants to know the answers or have to admit they might've been wrong.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What I do know is that we can't be afraid to have a dialogue about this that goes beyond referring to the 2nd amendment as the holy grail of American ideology. If America is so amazing then why are we afraid to discuss the issue unless its because nobody wants to know the answers or have to admit they might've been wrong.

I cannot give you enough stars for this post. It is excellent.

I think the obvious target for reform here is the mother's ownership of handguns. From what I have read she homeschooled her kids because of 'liberal' influence in the schools and she clearly did not sufficiently secure her handguns or ammunition.

This is what I would target first, people who store their firearms openly, who leave them loaded and ready to use by anyone who might come across them. Mandate they have a gun safe and that it be locked with both a key and a code that only they know. If someone else is found to have stolen a gun by knowing the code, then make the gun owner liable for the actions carried out with that gun.

Seems unfair, but do you know any stronger incentive to ensure your guns are secure?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

This is exactly why I have a gun safe locked inside a walk-in closet behind a 2nd locked door. You've got to have 3 keys and know where it all is. Additionally because my older ones play games like call of duty I go out of my way to tell them watered down versions of some of my military experience as well as showing them what real guns do to real human tissue.needless to say they have a good grasp on the eventuality of using a firearm against a living being and a healthy dose of respect for them mingled with just enough fear that the know fully the difference between toy guns and what I keep under lock and key. When they're old enough ill take them to the range and teach them how to properly care for and clean a rifle before they ever learn how to site in a target. I've seen enough blood and violence for 100 lifetimes. There's no need to have my kids follow in my footsteps and I much prefer talking to. Them about Santa and what they want for Christmas as opposed to explaining recent news headlines. It's a really F'd up world we're leaving the next generation and there's no point making it even more so for them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Thank you for being a responsible gun owner. I probably will end up owning firearms if I emigrate at some point, and I hope I can be as dilligent as you.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

Most people are so hung up on what their rights are they completely forget that there is an aspect of responsibility that goes along with said rights. Ive said the same thing about free speech and the first amendment for years. Yes, we can say or print whatever we want due to the first amendment. It's a great thing and my favorite part of our constitution(speaking of which when are you guys going to get with the times and print one up f your own! lol) but I always got # for my attitude which essentially is that yes you can say what you like and hide behind the first amendment but if you say something dumb, rude, insensitive or otherwise offensive there may be consequences like getting punched in the face and you should be prepared for that possibility. It comes hand in hand. You can't just demand a right and not hold up your end of the bargain. If you want guns or a car you should be responsible with such items. Just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

You guys... I completely agree that this is an American matter that only WE shall truly grasp, however you are making Americans look like a bunch of ignorant fools. I'm pretty tea party when it comes to the constitution, but the things been perverted so much it is not our constitution anymore. And to hold so dear and close our lessons on history is just plain silly on this website. This is my first reply and I just feel compelled to step in. I cannot have you people "defending" US in such a horrid way. I can literally feel hatred brewing for America in others just by reading this arrogant crap.
Again, I love this country, and I have pride in this Country. The government, however is probably the worst in the world because the people so closely trust in it. We may not be murdering mass amounts of our citizens, but we're killing massive amounts of innocent men, women and children everyday, and I do not have an ounce of pride left for our military. We're continuously trying to make up for Nam, and guess what. We were wrong then and we are wrong again. We need to get our troops home and stop worrying about the rest of the world for just one minute!

And telling "Ex" (king) that they have an inferior government because of our constitution is totally stupid. Don't smile too much Ex because I do think you guys should mind your own business as we should be minding ours. In fact I think we should all mind our own damn business. Maybe we can elect people in our own country and overthrow our own governments at our OWN FREE WILL. I say to hell with Syria, Good luck, but its not our problem, and when the US finally has a second civil war, I do not want the UK or Russia or anyone butting in!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Thus, the American Constitution since being instituted at the Philadelphia Convention in 1787, has set the precedence of all Global North capatilistic Democracies, which ultimately should not be ratified because of hostile acts by individuals.

Enough said

This makes no sense. At all. Trying to translate your incredibly poor spelling and grammar skills is bad enough, but this literally makes no sense. Is it a joke? Some elaborate ruse?

'Enough said' indeed. You've said nothing. Less than nothing in fact, since you've quoted others and seem to think listing high fallutin' words makes you look clever. It doesn't.

For the sake of the people and argument you're 'defending', just stop. You're making it worse for the ones you think you're helping.

Nothing like throwing a "red herring" with what you term grammar? Sorry if you do not agree with my thesis, however, throwing ignorant ad-hominems into the mix does nothing to further your case, actually it furthers mine.
Thanks for the post

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponent

Enough said

Once again you make absolutely no sense. Your constitution did not abolish slavery: en.wikipedia.org...

Do you know nothing about your nation? Slaves who made it to England were pretty much already free even before 1776, nevermind the Philidelphia Convention.

Ignorance and arrogance, the stereotype of the American is being borne out by you here. Please take your time and learn the facts about this matter. It's better for everyone involved.

Do you go out of your way in selecting what you choose to read? As your willingly selectfulness is less than to be desired. Thus not feeding the schill -troll anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Ugh, I went through 6 pages to see if the op would answer exponents slavery argument and he successfully avoided it. Darn.

In reference to "Slavery," the term has a plethora of layers to it's definition. Such as:

1) Indentured servitude; was a form of debt bondage, established in the early years of the American colonies. Farmers, planters, and shopkeepers in the colonies found it very difficult to hire free workers, primarily because it was so easy for potential workers to set up their own farms.[1] Consequently, a common solution was to transport a young worker from England or Germany, who would work for several years to pay off the debt of their travel costs. During the indenture period the servants were not paid wages, but were provided with food, accommodation, clothing and training. The indenture document specified how many years the servant would be required to work, after which they would be freeI (Wiki)

2) Fiefdom; 1. The estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2. Something over which one dominant person or group exercises control:

3) Many more arbritrary definitions that could have been collaberated with the term "slavery.'

Enough said

was said in regards to slavery, however your tactic of pulling from here, and a bit from there, as usual, is priceless

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would like to thank the Americans that read this thread and the 19 that agreed with my post. The International body amongs ATS from what i gather feels differently, and that can be expected as it is not as easy to walk into one shoes per se, when you no nothing about the shoe itself. Thank you all for your time

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join