It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama massacre speech: Wiping away tears...and the second amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I fully expect this tragedy to be politicized and used. It has been said by those in power
to never let a great tragedy go to waste...and the graveness and emotional tug of today's
shooting will compel action for those with an agenda.

I foresee the beginning of the end for the second amendment...and it starts with this speech.

from Obama's speech
"...As a country we have been thru this too many times...and we are going to have to come together
and take meaningful action...regardless of the politics..."

The question is, as we wipe away the tears, will we also wipe away the second amendment?

edit on 14-12-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well...When he finds a way to invalidate the Supreme Court, he may have himself something to work with. Until then, they took the debate out of the discussion in 2009 and he just has to live with that fact. Presidents don't make law and they don't change law, They simply regulate based on it and enforce it. So.....enforce away. The law, as upheld within his own term is clear that my right is absolute and it is the right of an individual. It's also incorporated now, which wasn't the case before. That means it applies down to the local level and not just across federal government.

So... He's about a day late and a dollar short to any ban attempt until HUGE changes happen in that 3rd branch he tries to forget exists. The 9 Robed ones have spoken and while he can regulate guns...he CAN NOT ban them, Period. Fuuuuull Stop.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Taking down the NRA is like taking down Monsanto..... not gonna happen.

Corporations own this government, gun corporations being one of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

So... He's about a day late and a dollar short to any ban
Fuuuuull Stop.
Relax and take a Chill Pill.

He never said anything close to Ban, or 2nd Ammendant..

You still will have your Guns,

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Obama hasn't taken one single gun from any American.

Maybe clips that hold more than 30 bullets are in danger.
But not what you already own.
Maybe new laws pertaining to guns and schools,
but actually taking your guns, nope.

If any gun owner has had his or her gun taken by Obama
please sound off.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Maybe he actually does have a conscience?

NAHHH!

..it's because he knows something is coming,
....and he owns it!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you like I can see the strong emotional reactions from people on the news and the knee-jerk posts and replies you can see that this tragedy rivals in scope to that of 9/11.

People get abgry when their children are threatened and the emotional response is to FIGHT.

What worries me, is that this response (as with any emotional response) could be used to further the
gun control agenda.

Once you have people angry and scared you have them motivated. All that is left is to point that energy
in the direction you want it to go. In this instance it will be toward new gun regulation.

And I don't think it out of the realm of possibility (given all the recent media publicized shootings) that
the second amendment could become the eventual target.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
...my heart goes out to all those involved in today's tragedy...

But I fully expect this tragedy to be politicized and used.
Indeed. When one hears the word "but", one is expected to ignore the preceding.

I really wondered how long it would take the gun nuts to engage Obama somehow. Howz about you donate an hour of STFU for each kid slaughtered.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

No, he never said the words...but somebody will (in fact a LOT of people in the media already have). But he's certainly opened the door for calls for gun control.

I think what bothers me is that the left is always willing to talk about taking away guns, but are never willing to talk about the moral decay in our society. There is no accountability, there are really no deterrent measures in our courts or prisons. Where is the argument against the violent XBox RPGS?? Where is the dialogue about the violence in Hollywood, in the movies and on television?? Where are the calls for better moral values???

I know LOTS of people who own guns...none of them has ever walked into a McDonalds or a post office or a school and opened fire. Guns are not (necessarilly) the issue here...the issue is teaching our society to respect life and value each other.

But gosh...that is SO politically non-correct it's never gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

That was no act. I can't believe what I just saw in that video. A President and a human being.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, it was no act. How can any man (or woman) who has children of their own NOT be torn apart by this horrible thing???

But...this will not stop the POTUS from using this to further the agenda. In fact, it will feel like his duty as a parent to do it. True emotion aside, the left will leap on this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by rival
...my heart goes out to all those involved in today's tragedy...

But I fully expect this tragedy to be politicized and used.
Indeed. When one hears the word "but", one is expected to ignore the preceding.

I really wondered how long it would take the gun nuts to engage Obama somehow. Howz about you donate an hour of STFU for each kid slaughtered.

You're right...I edited my post to remove the qualifier.

And on 9/12 I was posting warnings about the government using THAT tragedy to further an agenda
and I wasn't popular then either.

That was a hundred thousand innocent dead people AGO, eight trillion in more in debt AGO,
and countless dead liberties and pat down searches and unwarranted wiretaps AGO.....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That video I just watched showed a very Human side to Obama and it was clear he was visually shaken and he seemed to be internalizing the pain, maybe imagining how he would react as a parent in that situation.

I can only pray that, that same empathy extend at some point to the families devestated in the middle east by American Drones wiping out innocent civilians. Enough empathy to end the attacks. Enough empathy to recognize that the death of an innocent child in a foreign country is as important, as the death of an innocent child in the US.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Those tears just might be real.
But the "meaningful action" part of his speech leads me to think one thing:
UN small weapons ban.
He can't get Congress or the Supreme Court to do it but you know the UN is just waiting for the opportunity.

I'm fairly sure this has a literal meaning.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

So... He's about a day late and a dollar short to any ban
Fuuuuull Stop.
Relax and take a Chill Pill.

He never said anything close to Ban, or 2nd Ammendant..

You still will have your Guns,

Oh....I heard quite well what he said and his acting gets better and better with each crisis. Of course, it's impossible to forget....this man personally orders and approves drone strikes almost daily that are likely or sometimes certain to kill kids. Such is the nature of choosing drone over human in pursuing the majority of his war policy. So the emotion is an act....but not a bad one, considering.

I note what I do about his intentions because he was absolutely not shy about how rabidly anti-gun rights and pro-gun restriction if not BAN (on handguns at least) he was when he was a serving office holder in Illinois.

Now we can argue that his attitudes have changed somehow, but that'll be assuming things even he hasn't said. He just hasn't much repeated his more fervent sentiments on the topic since the days that voicing his opinion without message control was a good thing for his career. After all, until recently, an Illinois Politician really couldn't be "too" anti-gun in that state's political machine. He was no exception....although I'll spare the quotes for the thread and space tonight. Anyone can look them up though. Its all public record and statements.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The people who do this kind of sick evil.
dont need guns. take them away.
and they will use some thing else.
like bombs. big tanks of liquid gas or petrol.
a Knife! poisons.

you Can NOT stop them.
just make it hard for them.
or do you think you can end Evil?

the people who do this are Your sons!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

OP you're not the bad guy here. And you shouldn't let anyone demonize you for seeing and thinking like a human being is supposed to do.

Is our second amendment right the reason why people are losing their minds and slaughtering others in mass ?
No ! Should I lose my driving privilege because other people get drunk and drive ? No !

Make no mistake the second amendment is in the cross hairs. And the reason behind that can't be anything good.

This 29 today may lead to countless tomorrow.

Snf
edit on 14-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We all tend to respond first with our emotions. It is our instinctual reaction. Good sometimes...not so good others...so I guess that is why we haven't learned not to do it. Reacting with emotions is why we bent over and accepted the patriot act...let us please not go there again...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
This 29 today may lead to countless tomorrow.
I really think it's represhensible that within hours of this tragedy, you folks are pissing yourselves about losing your precious guns, instead of showing a little respect for dead children. Frankly, it has put American gun freaks in a whole new light for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Politicians are not human they are corrupted whores that look for tragedy as way to gain opportunities for the agendas of those that pay the highest bid.

edit on 14-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join