It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Umm how about NO...

You can take all of my "spare guns" the hard way... aka bullets first.

You don't have the right to tell me what I can and can't have or what I do and don't need!

Do you have more than one pair of shoes? If so why? Would you object to storing all of your "special use" shoes at a properly designated club that specializes in their use?

What about cars? do you know anyone that owns multiple vehicles? Would you or they object to storing all but their daily driver at specialized facilities where they can visit and use their other vehicles under close scrutiny? Oh this is an idiotic argument? But cars kill WAY more people than guns.... What's that you say ? cars aren't designed to kill people? Neither are guns, that's just some crap that a special interest group that's special interest is disarming law abiding citizens like to spout because they aren't educated enough to understand that if the true purpose of guns was to kill people the United States would be completely devoid of life.

There are Millions of what these groups insist on calling "assault weapons" in the US right now in private hands. On top of that there are BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of rounds of ammunition for said weapons also in civilian possession. So if ALL These guns are meant for is killing people they must not be very good at their job because "assault weapons" are very rarely used in crime compared to several other common weapons.

Just because you don't understand the gun culture or the way of life that gun owners embrace does not give you the right to dictate to us the terms with which we can enjoy our hobby and way of life!

As far as the mandatory psych evals for gun buyers.... why don't you ask the THOUSANDS of veterans who have been railroaded into losing their firearms rights unjustifiably how that's working out? Or how about you call your congressman and ask why the ATF office that deals with reinstatement of firearm rights when someone is declared legally competent and not a danger to society was permanently defunded preventing people who legitimately deserve their firearms rights reinstated from ever getting their rights back?

You expect us to entrust something as important as gun rights to a bureaucracy that routinely and repetitively screws up everything it can get it's hands on?

How about No Thanks.

Oh and PS: I'll expect you to pick which pair of shoes you want to keep at your house and turn the rest in to be stored at properly equipped, staffed, and supervised facilities where you can visit and maybe even use them... if you can afford to pay your dues and storage fees that is.
After all Fair is Fair RIGHT?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
We will never give up our weapons. Enough said. You all that think guns kill people are insane. Stupid people kill people. Maybe we should ban knives. Haha. Everyone that is legal to have a weapon should have one. If I was there or anyone with any balls for that matter was there this stupid kid wouldn't have gotten off more than a few shots before he would have gotten a double tap to the hard. And armed nation is a secure nation.

Maybe we should ban cars? LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Please read this article, it was written by someone who live thru the horror that the parents of those children are living thru today. If anyone has a "right" to speak on this issue this woman surely does. If you agree please share the link with everyone you know. The point is put yourself in her shoes!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismellarat

My bad! forgot to add the link www.examiner.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
To the original post:
Comparing the USA to England is apple and oranges. The population difference is HUGE. Last thing I want is for the guns to turn into bombs like they do in London.

I personally do not like guns but even more important is that I choose, for myself, to stand behind the parents going through unspeakable grief. They will not want their child's murder to be a catalyst for unhappy divided Americans or for finger pointing from around the world.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismellarat

www.examiner.com...

Powerful article.
I wish all gun control advocates read it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Umm how about NO...

You can take all of my "spare guns" the hard way... aka bullets first.

You don't have the right to tell me what I can and can't have or what I do and don't need!

Do you have more than one pair of shoes? If so why? Would you object to storing all of your "special use" shoes at a properly designated club that specializes in their use?

What about cars? do you know anyone that owns multiple vehicles? Would you or they object to storing all but their daily driver at specialized facilities where they can visit and use their other vehicles under close scrutiny? Oh this is an idiotic argument? But cars kill WAY more people than guns.... What's that you say ? cars aren't designed to kill people? Neither are guns, that's just some crap that a special interest group that's special interest is disarming law abiding citizens like to spout because they aren't educated enough to understand that if the true purpose of guns was to kill people the United States would be completely devoid of life.

There are Millions of what these groups insist on calling "assault weapons" in the US right now in private hands. On top of that there are BILLIONS if not TRILLIONS of rounds of ammunition for said weapons also in civilian possession. So if ALL These guns are meant for is killing people they must not be very good at their job because "assault weapons" are very rarely used in crime compared to several other common weapons.

Just because you don't understand the gun culture or the way of life that gun owners embrace does not give you the right to dictate to us the terms with which we can enjoy our hobby and way of life!

As far as the mandatory psych evals for gun buyers.... why don't you ask the THOUSANDS of veterans who have been railroaded into losing their firearms rights unjustifiably how that's working out? Or how about you call your congressman and ask why the ATF office that deals with reinstatement of firearm rights when someone is declared legally competent and not a danger to society was permanently defunded preventing people who legitimately deserve their firearms rights reinstated from ever getting their rights back?

You expect us to entrust something as important as gun rights to a bureaucracy that routinely and repetitively screws up everything it can get it's hands on?

How about No Thanks.

Oh and PS: I'll expect you to pick which pair of shoes you want to keep at your house and turn the rest in to be stored at properly equipped, staffed, and supervised facilities where you can visit and maybe even use them... if you can afford to pay your dues and storage fees that is.
After all Fair is Fair RIGHT?

If you were worried so much about your constitution, then you should have been paying attention when the Patriot Act was passed and all the Executive orders which has watered your constitution to a worthless receipt. Hey but so long as you can all have as many guns as you like thats ok then Right ?
I am not telling you to do anything nor is anything i say relevant in the good old US of A, but this is a forum for discussion where people offer their opinions on a range of subjects. Get used to it or go somewhere else where you can dictate what people say, how about Russia, China or North Korea.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

After reading this absolutely harrow story. I may be coming round to the idea of owning a gun.

I have to have a good long think about this before I reply any further.

ALS

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
reply to post by lacrimaererum

There seems to be some question as to your country of origin. Of course you're not required to reveal that, but I would be curious to know so that we can do a fair comparison of your country to America, you know, just for the sake of transparency and fairness. Since you have labeled all Americans as cowards, I'm just wondering if you're brave enough to tell us about your wonderful country, and how we can learn from your people

Someone said you live in LA, is that true? Are you a foreign national living in the States? If so, I wonder why you would do such thing...
A superior education?
A higher standard of living?
More career opportunities?

If you you do indeed live in the USA, or, perhaps you're from America, I wonder what your fellow students, co-workers or neighbors would think about you hiding behind the anonymity of the internet calling us cowards during a national tragedy, and implying that we care more about guns than children. Or insulting our armed forces En Masse for the the bad acts of a few.... once again, in this anonymous forum. I ask you then, when you so shamelessly call us cowards, should you not be looking into the mirror when you throw that accusation out?
Just curious, of course.
edit on 15-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

This thread is not about me.

Its about a society that embraces guns and holds them close to its heart.

When Americans hug their children extra tight at this time like they were told to do by their president do they tell their children lies and tell them that they will never let this happen to them. (Something that they cannot do in a society that is overflowing with guns)
or do they dare tell them they truth, which is, they could well be the next victims?

So do you hug your kids and then tell them lies?

The lies must be told to keep the guns available. Keep fooling each other.

Nobody wants to see the truth.

Speak , See, Hear no evil.

The gun protects you from everything.

No one can hurt you when you have your precious gun.

Your precious.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

A lot of that can be backed up by reading FBI uniform crime reports, searching the CDC database. I believe it is the WISQRS database. All I have today is my Kindle Fire. All of my links are on my computer. Also google UK most violent country in the EU and just facts gun control. Gunfacts.info also basal lot of information. I recommend reading the original sources that they present. They sometimes have an issue with context.
edit on 16-12-2012 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ffman

I never said their gun murderer rate was higher. Their violent crime rate is much higher than ours. Even if you add in our murderer rate, their violent crime rate is higher per capital. Taking away guns didn't have a net positive effect on the crime rate in the UK. In fact crime went up. There have been large rises in the instances of rape, domestic violence, robbery, and stabbings.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by ffman

I never said their gun murderer rate was higher. Their violent crime rate is much higher than ours. Even if you add in our murderer rate, their violent crime rate is higher per capital. Taking away guns didn't have a net positive effect on the crime rate in the UK. In fact crime went up. There have been large rises in the instances of rape, domestic violence, robbery, and stabbings.
Difference is that in America more people die from crime because of guns, the banning of guns here in the UK has saved many many lives.

Bottom line is that the availabilty of guns in America is a huge problem, something you would expect in a third world country.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
We passed the Gun Control Act of 1968 (based on the Nazi law). Only face to face, individual to individual transactions are not controlled by background checks....maybe that can be regulated but it would not have stopped the school tragedy (the mother legally bought the guns).

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Even as regulated as cars and driving are approximate 50,000 lives a year are lost in driving accidents. Even as horrific as these mass shootings are the number killed is less than 50 people in 2012 (a high mark year). Often there are up to 50 civilians killed in one drone attack on a targeted terrorist in the Iraq and Afghanistan theatre...but we dont mourn for those (collateral) victims.
edit on 16-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do but there has been 60 mass school shootings since the 1999 columbine shooting.

"Since the 1999 Columbine tragedy there have been sixty school shootings, double the rate seen in the previous decade. These school shootings have resulted in 181 deaths," said psychiatrist Dr Warren Steiner, of McGill University, Montreal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And now with the shooting at sandy hook the statistics rises to 61 shootings and (approx) 210 deaths 20 of which are young children.

Now I know your worried and I know its in the constitution to "bear arms" but surely enough is enough. We here in britain have done just fine with tight gun control. In fact I would go as far to say that it's one of the best things that's happened to Britain since the NHS.

How many more people must die because you are to proud to give up your pistols?

Remember if you relinquish your weapons so will the police (or most of).

Please America start thinking about gun control!

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Colombine...you never hear anything about the Prescription Drugs they were on.
Your crime rate in Britain and Australia soared when they took your guns.
Cops giving up guns...thats a joke...they have created their own military state.
You sound more like a "Shill" working for the Obama Administration to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by liverlad

Difference is that in America more people die from crime because of guns, the banning of guns here in the UK has saved many many lives.

Bottom line is that the availabilty of guns in America is a huge problem, something you would expect in a third world country.

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so. Indeed I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order." - Adolf Hitler,

lmao. yea disarming people really saved a lot of lives alright.. some people are so stupid it hurts..

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by ffman

When people quote that the UK violent crime rate is much higher than their own countries I would suggest that they look into their own countries definition as to what constitutes a "violent" crime and thus shows up on their countries statistics. I'm not saying we don't have our problems but if you are going to slam us with damning violent crime figures at least be fair about what you are comparing.
In the UK our violent crime figures include ALL violence against a person as well as ALL sexual offences and not just forced rape etc.
In the US they have only 5 categories of crime which are considered violent crimes and thus reflected in their statistics...murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault and simple assault.
You can't compare two countries whose definition of violent crimes differ.....

and no one can say that there are large rises in INCIDENTS of rape and domestic violence....the most anybody can claim is that there are a rise in REPORTED incidents of rape and domestic violence.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

So, in China, someone inflicted 20 casualties with a knife at school. There were teachers in California freaking out that someone was distributing candy canes, because someone could suck on them and make them into a lethal weapon.

Before banning weapons - consider banning Cancer, Heart Disease, and freaking Lightning. Oh, and Old Age - got git rid of that.

If you think banning guns is going to make death due to firearms go away... That just keeps them all in the hands of the government and criminals.

But wouldn't ya know, humans were killing other humans long before the assault rifle or even muskets. There's spears, swords, poison and even bare fists. Box cutters, too. Incredible.

Weapons are not the problem. Almost anything can be made into a weapon, including pillows.

People are the problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join