It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else feel they are "somersaulting" through their bed or pillow at night??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I haven't been to the doctors yet as it's not really frequent. But last night something happened again to me which im unsure if it's sleep Paralysis. Any help is appreciated.
I suffer with insomnia but sometimes like last night i start to feel relaxed. Then i go into this weird state which happens every time i drift off during the night. All i remember is a feeling like im falling either through my pillow or bed. But its complete darkness and it's like i'm somersaulting really fast. Then i constantly try to wake myself up but can't move. Eventually i will wake up.
What upsets me more is that constant feeling of somersaulting through my pillow/ bed, last night my cat was with me and while i was 'rolling through my bed' i felt my cat with me. So it made me feel like maybe it was real.
It's really upsetting me and any help would be appreciated. I have an appointment with the doctor booked.
Also should mention then regularly i feel my bed constantly shaking which im unsure whether its connected.
Any help is appreciated.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sounds to me like your on the verge of astral projection.

Common pre astral symptoms:

-inner body vibrations that are strong and loud but don't hurt. Some say it feels as though their bed is shaking.
-the feeling of being filled with helium and a sense of somersaulting and floating.
- hearing sounds, music, voices or even bells
- paralysis prior to the vibrations

You should look up online about astral travel. Can't hurt

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by avvie

I am guessing the Doc will say vertigo is what you got-Happened to me years back,didnt get any meds for it though-I cut back on coffee and smokes and it went away after a few weeks.

Scary at the time though-just as you are about to drop off to sleep just as you said.
Should go on its own I rek-ask your doc though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have actually astral projected/ out of body experience before. Only once but it was a completely different experience.
After feeling like something was touching me in bed i felt my legs be forced open. Instantly i sat up in bed but when i looked behind my body was still on the bed. I thought i had died and didn't take it further, instead i wished i was back in bed and instantly found my self back in my body.

I wouldn't mind if this was the first stages of astral projection, its always fascinated me. But when this happens it leaves me tired and upset the next day. When it happens it's not once a night its constant. I wake myself up, nod off and it happens again. Once when i somersaulted into the bed i actually felt myself fall off but then 'woke up' still in bed. It's never gone further then that.

If it is the start of astral projection then i will look into going further then my bed, as its something i am interested in doing.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My first instinct would be to say 'astral' stuff. But if you're sure that is not the case, then I wonder if you're trying any new sleeps aids. The only time I have done any "spinning" and "somersaulting" in my bed was when I tried new supplements such as melatonin; or sleep meds such as lunesta etc. There are also some hypnotics that have sent me sailing..ultimately disrupting my sleep. Herbal sleep aids have produced similar effects in me as well.

I would suggest to look into any new supplements you might be taking.

(oh by the way, I think that shaking of the bed is something to with the vibrational state that leads or follows an astral projection. Just my speculation.)
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
My first instinct would be to say 'astral' stuff. But if you're sure that is not the case, then I wonder if you're trying any new sleeps aids. The only time I have done any "spinning" and "somersaulting" in my bed was when I tried new supplements such as melatonin; or sleep meds such as lunesta etc. There are also some hypnotics that have sent me sailing..ultimately disrupting my sleep. Herbal sleep aids have produced similar effects in me as well.

I would suggest to look into any new supplements you might be taking.

(oh by the way, I think that shaking of the bed is something to with the vibrational state that leads or follows an astral projection. Just my speculation.)

I am taking Amitriptyline for my depression. Have been for about 5 years, helps me sleep aswell. Doctor claims that as this happens maybe once a month it seems it's not a side effect to my tablets.
It may be the start of Astral Travel but as i wake myself up through fear i guess it doesn't develop.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hypnic jerk. They occur more frequently in people with irregular sleep patterns. Various drugs and medications, notably psychoactive drugs, can create jerks when commencing sleep as the body prepares for and initiates muscle paralysis.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

I felt like my bed was rocking really badly once when I was meditating, I pulled out of it and asked for some distance on what I was doing. Turns out I was galloping on a horse. Ive never done this in real life so it was an amazing experiance. You need to feel like you have some control otherwise its really frightening.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LILY9
reply to post by avvie

I felt like my bed was rocking really badly once when I was meditating, I pulled out of it and asked for some distance on what I was doing. Turns out I was galloping on a horse. Ive never done this in real life so it was an amazing experiance. You need to feel like you have some control otherwise its really frightening.

Galloping on a horse while astral travelling? If my experience happens again tonight, instead of pulling out i'm going to stay calm and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hello.

Not to scare you, but it sounds like a petit mal seizure. I used to get them as a child. is there a history of Epilepsy in your family? If it's something that happens all the time, I would seek a Dr's advice...

Of course I could be way off and your Astral Projecting. I hope it's the latter.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by avvie

I would buy yourself a nice relaxing cd that opens your chakras, the one I used has a backround of singing bowls.
Do this in the daytime if possible, as this will take some of the fear away. Keep using this cd until you find yourself automaticaly relaxing when you here this. Then at the end of the session keep your eyes closed, stay relaxed and ask to ? Meet your spirit guide, see a past life, or whatever you want to know.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by twoturtles
Hello.

Not to scare you, but it sounds like a petit mal seizure. I used to get them as a child. is there a history of Epilepsy in your family? If it's something that happens all the time, I would seek a Dr's advice...

Of course I could be way off and your Astral Projecting. I hope it's the latter.

No epilepsy in the family. Unsure as to whether to let the doctor know incase it's just me going mad
. I appreciate the suggestion, will do some research into petit mal seizures.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LILY9
reply to post by avvie

I would buy yourself a nice relaxing cd that opens your chakras, the one I used has a backround of singing bowls.
Do this in the daytime if possible, as this will take some of the fear away. Keep using this cd until you find yourself automaticaly relaxing when you here this. Then at the end of the session keep your eyes closed, stay relaxed and ask to ? Meet your spirit guide, see a past life, or whatever you want to know.

Thankyou! Will see if i can find a nice CD and give this a try

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but I'd agree with the others here who suggested astral projection. Perhaps your unwillingness to continue is what made the experience seem so unpleasant, as opposed to if you were relaxed. I'd see where it goes. Couldn't hurt, and AP is rad.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Reynolds
I'm no expert, but I'd agree with the others here who suggested astral projection. Perhaps your unwillingness to continue is what made the experience seem so unpleasant, as opposed to if you were relaxed. I'd see where it goes. Couldn't hurt, and AP is rad.

Thankyou! Next time it happens i will try and relax and see what happens.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That's exactly what it is.

Classic symptom of OBE, but involuntary. Many people get the falling feeling, it's just the real you separating from the physical shell we call the body.

Here is my first OBE experience shared with everyone on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck to you in your OBE's.

Originally posted by avvie
I have actually astral projected/ out of body experience before. Only once but it was a completely different experience.
After feeling like something was touching me in bed i felt my legs be forced open. Instantly i sat up in bed but when i looked behind my body was still on the bed. I thought i had died and didn't take it further, instead i wished i was back in bed and instantly found my self back in my body.

I wouldn't mind if this was the first stages of astral projection, its always fascinated me. But when this happens it leaves me tired and upset the next day. When it happens it's not once a night its constant. I wake myself up, nod off and it happens again. Once when i somersaulted into the bed i actually felt myself fall off but then 'woke up' still in bed. It's never gone further then that.

If it is the start of astral projection then i will look into going further then my bed, as its something i am interested in doing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
That's exactly what it is.

Classic symptom of OBE, but involuntary. Many people get the falling feeling, it's just the real you separating from the physical shell we call the body.

Here is my first OBE experience shared with everyone on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good luck to you in your OBE's.

Originally posted by avvie

Thankyou! Will check it out

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
How much cough syrup did you take?

Anyway, embrace the feeling, I remember as a kid, turning myself virtually up side down, I'd be facing up and imagine myself facing down, or tilt my body around at strange angles.

I have even done the somersaults as you describe.

I must do this stuff again sometime.

Wether for you it's drug side effects or not or if unless it bugs you, have fun with it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
How much cough syrup did you take?

Anyway, embrace the feeling, I remember as a kid, turning myself virtually up side down, I'd be facing up and imagine myself facing down, or tilt my body around at strange angles.

I have even done the somersaults as you describe.

I must do this stuff again sometime.

Wether for you it's drug side effects or not or if unless it bugs you, have fun with it.

that made me laugh, wish there was a cough syrup with those sort of side affects

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by avvie

Research and it will be revealed to you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join