It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You guys also notice this usually does not happen in an inner city but in the Suburbs? Usually well to do upper middle class kids with every opportunity imaginable?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I truly believe we are reaching a tipping point folks. This is sad, just sad.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

- The 24 hour news media cycle is counter productive and is a disinfo machine that also hurts people (for example the other brother whose name and faced went out worldwide attached to a spree killing).
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I have to say whoever thought 24 hour news was a good idea is definitely off their nut. What sane person wants to listen to the same news on a continuous loop when most of it is just rehashing of Top topics and other irrelevant MSM drivel?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
IGNORANCE-FREE ZONE

Just to clarify (again) for anyone who may be wondering, we're trying to cut down on the tedious and irrelevant political trolling and focus on the actual topic, which is the mass murder that took place in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

As inevitable as it is for gun control debates and political opportunism to intrude upon the subject, they have already been done to death here and in our political forums, and distract from the actual facts of the case, which are still largely indeterminate.

This being ATS, there will naturally be conspiracy theories surrounding this and similar crimes. That's fine. Most of us are here to challenge assumptions, question authority and Deny Ignorance. That will necessarily involve speculation that some people may find distasteful, but provided such speculation doesn't violate the terms & conditions, it's valid.

We have repeatedly asked that the discussion focus on the actual shooting, rather than recycled talking points, insults, sanctimonious finger-pointing, trolling and other forms of noise that don't bear on this particular crime. We have also asked that members refrain from spamming material unrelated to the subject, including rhetorical questions and comments made in obvious ignorance of the topic itself. Hence post removals and other actions as needed.

It's a fine line to walk, opinions will naturally vary regarding what belongs and what doesn't, and the thread sometimes moves very, very fast. In general, if a post doesn't involve insults, baiting, or other attempts to smother this tragedy under a blanket of write-only flames, it's probably fine. If not, we may remove it, but ask that members not take it personally if we do.

If anyone disagrees with our attempts to keep the thread focused and away from page after page of senseless political drivel, by all means send me a private message and I'll be happy to talk about it, but we do ask -- again -- that members do their best to focus on the circumstances of the crime, stay on topic and save the other stuff for other threads.

Also, should anyone see problem posts that work against discussion of the topic, please don't respond to them, but alert us and let us handle them.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I had never heard of this before today, but someone posted it on another forum while discussing this.

Bath School Disaster

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, four other adults and the bomber himself; at least 58 people were injured. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–11 years of age [1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in U.S. history and the third-deadliest non-military massacre in U.S. history, behind 9/11 and the Oklahoma City bombing.

We all know about Columbine, Aurora, Virginia Tech, and now Newtown. But did anyone know the worst school massacre happened a lifetime ago? Before violent video games, psychotropic drugs, and mass media. It is hard if not impossible to prevent someone hell bent on evil from carrying out their plans.

edit on 14-12-2012 by jefwane because: removed baiting and reposted historical context after u2u from majic

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FinalCountdown
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.
What if these are all test runs, too see if these "robots" will actually do the unthinkable.
Maybe there are thousands of these "robots" out there waiting to be switched on.

This can also help this theory by "prepping" society to accept the "unthinkable" to happen. This way it eases the dis-belief when TSHTF.
Which it just may very well in six days from now….

I don't know, what I do know is that something is . . off with these recent shootings.
Here's the part where I get into trouble. We know higher ups are anti-gun, right. The shootings before were of adults for the most part, people grumbled about gun control, ect then it just kinda died down. What would really fire people up? An attack on children, that would 1) fuel the fire for gun control and 2) added bonus, get attention off the fiscal cliff talks.
Again, this is just opinion: Since we're talking people in their twenties I'd say the "programing" could be done through video games or a combination of video games and medications. The trigger? I have no idea what it could be

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This is far and away the sickest thing I can remember for several reasons.

While I was a witness to 9/11 and thousands died and was surreal and horrific, as was Ok. city; this incident stands out due to children being the target group.

We can all put our differences aside for a moment and pray for the families and all affected by this.

What kind of person, other than Anakin Skywalker, chooses to shoot up children? I cannot wrap my mind around this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Yes, the news cycle feeds off this in a sick way. I feel so sorry for those poor children and their families.

link   
reply to post by jakesteedha1

I was looking at that for novelty.
I don't see how this would be it.

edit on 14-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

What's funny.. is it's pretty much what all hypnotising cliche are. Repeating the same things over and over, but add in the opinion. Like the old sleep self enhancement gags in sitcoms, or learn to speak spanish while you sleep tapes.

I think it sincerely does brainwash people. It manipulates, while agreeing, and justifying your original stance as it pushes your position further down the road than you originally were.

The 24 hour news cycle is scary #.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Radio dispatches and broadcasts between emergency responders tell part of the difficult story about what occurred during the morning of the deadly school shooting spree that left 27 people dead, including 20 children in Newtown.

Emergency Radio Audio

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

ok well at my daughters school they have a closed circuit camera and can see everyone coming and going.. and you have to push a button and state your business and then your buzzed in... they know me.. I could say i'm there for homework, she a doc appt.. i'm buzzed right in.. all this kid had to do was say he was there to pick something up for his sick mom.. buzz .. right on in.

His mother was not a teacher at the school.
There are various reports she MIGHT have been a volunteer.
To she MIGHT have been a substitute.

I personally think this is just media spin when the teacher story fell through because no one knew her or could
verify her as a teacher there.
So they come up with oh yeah, she's a sub or she volunteers there. That's the ticket!

link   

Originally posted by Transcendent
Actually, I personally believe it is very wise to have a school psychiatrist at such a young age. ... Such a time is perfect to correct any issues that may arise.
America NEEDS more educated psychiatrists embedded in schools, just as they would with a workplace, and ENFORCE it, a checkup a week would help relieve stress and emotional confusion.

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
No it's for the same reason they have a social worker.. to look for abuse cases.

Now you people are scaring me.

link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

umm it's actually VERY common to have a "shrink" in elementary school in fact i remember i had "lesson/ sessions" with mine 30 years ago in the 4th grade.. there is one here in my town in middle america kansas population 3000. Not only do they have a fulltime shrink, social worker, and nurses who hand out all medications that have a doctors prescription but the have every kind of speech pathologist and etc.. The Social worker is the one that helps the poorer folks kids.. hands out the " food stuffs for the weekend" bag, helps during christmas time, helps try to set up intervention and etc.. the shrink will work with multiple children in multiple areas.. and any child can go to the counselor at any time for anything.. they also work with those who have many challenges including hearing, mental challenges etc... plus there is a speech pathologist, tutors for those who need extra help and other programs... tax money hard at work..

link   
Im telling you, I cant help but really wonder what the 21st will bring. I cant help but look at The Timewave Theory for this date and the 21st. Both show large dips.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For those who have children does this event make you want to homeschool your kids?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I noticed todays date had a large dip, but I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

oh ok see i haven't been updated since 4 pm so I didn't realize she wasn't a teacher there.. last info I had was that she was... my bad.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What beats me is why would the mother an innocuous kindergarten teacher would have a .223 bushmaster and a glock 10 mm especially the second you despatch bears and buffalos with that thing especially as neighbours have described the sons as 'disturbed;.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm having a hard time finding words to express my thoughts on this tragedy

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join