It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 76
<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It would be nice of the msm to elaborate on what nancy lanza's position was in the school or are they dropping that.
newtown.sandyhook.schooldesk.net...
www.mailtester.com...

reply to post by starviego

Brother

hoboken.patch.com...

edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

edit on 15-12-2012 by aivlas because: double post

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I smell a deliberate setup for gun "control" laws.

Yes, this is tragic, but something about it all just smells fishy to me; MK-ULTRA, Manchurian Candidate program, or something of that ilk.

Call me naive but I REFUSE to believe that there are people depraved enough to feel okay killing CHILDREN in the world that HAVEN'T been subject to some seriously mind-altering circumstances in their days...be it legitimate conditioning or even just a sad and terrible home-life as a kid...such morals as "thou shalt not MURDER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENTS" really should exist, at least MINUTELY, in every person's psyche, right??!

Maybe I'm just being too critical about it all, but to me there must be SOME kind of agenda being played out by this shooting (as well as the "Dark Knight" shooting AND the too recent one at the Clackamas Town Center mall in Oregon).........!

"Largest school shooting in US history" says the media. Sounds like something of a rallying-cry to me.

It may or may not be true, but it's quite reason enough to see a new bill outlawing the legitimate ownership of firearms in the near-future, is it not?

The thing that congress needs to understand, though, is that while such a law WOULD help to control the spread of firearms to those willing to abide by it, the people that actually would USE said weapons against another human being MOST LIKELY aren't following many laws to begin with. In other words, criminals keep their guns/buy more on the black-market...average law-abiding citizens, in DIRE need of them (once facing down the barrel of the latter stated's), will lose them.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthlingSpelunker

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
I do homeschool my kids and have done so for over 2 years now.. ( i had a fall out with a social worker at the elementary school) but I highly recommend it.

That's nice. Except limiting your kids to knowledge from a single source is limiting their potential. You may just end up with a very loving, dumb family.

Having said that, it's sad that home schooling is considered an actual 'solution' by Americans, to the risk of being massacred in a classroom, rather than the derrr-dumb obvious (for the rest of the planet, that is) 'cure' of gun prohibition.

How fearsome an opponent the gun lobby must be that a country feels compelled to make compromise regarding even their own children for sake of avoiding confrontation with thus fear-mongering evil.
edit on 14-12-2012 by EarthlingSpelunker because: (no reason given)

Don't home school your kids, they'll turn out loving but dumb.

Who the hell decided that the modern day public school system is the apex of learning? Our kids fall back with each passing year on the international level not to mention the crime threats and potential for some quack to brainwash an impressionable youth.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Why do we believe stuff on tv without question?

Did a massacre happen? I dunno, maybe.
Even if it did happen, what they claim about it could be untrue.

Look, we have a serious problem here, and it appears to be a bad case of brainwashing.
We instantly believe the media lies.. this has got to change soon.

Please stop believing and instead start questioning what you believe.

Oh I know, we should question hundreds of eyewitness accounts, the horror on the children's faces who couldn't stop crying as they left, numerous cops on the scene, ambulances. Yeah, gee, I'm gonna sit here with my thumb up my ass wondering if a "massacre" happened...
edit on 15-12-2012 by Shaxuul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I didnt realize my sadness was so sickening

Everybody processes this stuff in a different way. This is a conspiracy site and yet I see so many people saying what you said, don't talk about it just be emotional and be silent and that somehow is going to help the victims more than talking about why this stuff is happening. And definitely don't talk about what this incident is likely to be used for with Pres O and his crocodile tears and Eric Holder already going on his program for communitarianism and disarmament for the common good. He's definitely not going to let this opportunity go to waste and we should be angry at Holder for already politicizing it the way he did. It all makes me want to puke.
Prayer is a great thing I believe and I engage in it regularly. I believe that churches across this country are and have been and will be in prayer about this thing.

edit on 15-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
this whole thing stinks like a black op. so i was a couple miles away from the school here in newtown and i have lets say someone who is close to this whole thing and heard some weird things about all this. my source is a very close to a teacher at newtown highschool and was in lockdown during the shooting today and the school gave her no info about what was happening as it happened. no one was allowed to text or anything. apparently she was in an emergency meeting after the lockdown was over and all the teachers were told they were not allowed to talk about anything that happened.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
there are soo many inconsistencies in this thing i dont even know where to begin

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
adam lanzas mother was supposedly a teacher at the school but none of the teachers know her and her name isnt on the school website. there were reports of secondary shooters then not. i guess well see tomorrow, there is a press blackout all night (i guess they need to get their story straight) which is bizarre too

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
IGNORANCE-FREE ZONE

Just to clarify (again) for anyone who may be wondering, we're trying to cut down on the tedious and irrelevant political trolling and focus on the actual topic, which is the mass murder that took place in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

As inevitable as it is for gun control debates and political opportunism to intrude upon the subject, they have already been done to death here and in our political forums, and distract from the actual facts of the case, which are still largely indeterminate.

This being ATS, there will naturally be conspiracy theories surrounding this and similar crimes. That's fine. Most of us are here to challenge assumptions, question authority and Deny Ignorance. That will necessarily involve speculation that some people may find distasteful, but provided such speculation doesn't violate the terms & conditions, it's valid.

We have repeatedly asked that the discussion focus on the actual shooting, rather than recycled talking points, insults, sanctimonious finger-pointing, trolling and other forms of noise that don't bear on this particular crime. We have also asked that members refrain from spamming material unrelated to the subject, including rhetorical questions and comments made in obvious ignorance of the topic itself. Hence post removals and other actions as needed.

It's a fine line to walk, opinions will naturally vary regarding what belongs and what doesn't, and the thread sometimes moves very, very fast. In general, if a post doesn't involve insults, baiting, or other attempts to smother this tragedy under a blanket of write-only flames, it's probably fine. If not, we may remove it, but ask that members not take it personally if we do.

If anyone disagrees with our attempts to keep the thread focused and away from page after page of senseless political drivel, by all means send me a private message and I'll be happy to talk about it, but we do ask -- again -- that members do their best to focus on the circumstances of the crime, stay on topic and save the other stuff for other threads.

Also, should anyone see problem posts that work against discussion of the topic, please don't respond to them, but alert us and let us handle them.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

edit on 12/14/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

Did any of you read this? Or did you just ignore it to keep pressing the Obama fake tears, and Obama is going after your guns lines? Its an extremely sad state of affairs here at ATS.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Riddlesinthedark

there is a press blackout all night (i guess they need to get their story straight) which is bizarre too

Wait - what's this? Can you give more info?

Oh, and the alleged shooters mother 'used to' work at the school )implying years ago) or so it's reported. And yes I've got a link for that I'll be right back with it but I wanted to ask you ASAP about this 'blackout' thing. It might go far explaining why I can't find information I know I heard and saw yesterday that's just up and vanished.

peace

edit on 15-12-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

my source is a very close to a teacher at newtown highschool and was in lockdown during the shooting today and the school gave her no info about what was happening as it happened

Yes, after 9-11, schools began to develop a protocol for lockdown during a major crisis, and even plans to evacuate the children to a different location away from their parents.

Here is an example of a crisis management plan

www.fcps.edu...

after 9-11 and these plans started to appear, many parents got worried about the prospect of their kids being spirited away to some other location.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
When tragedies like this occur I can only help but think of ways from not letting it happen again.

Has anyone mentioned or considered this?

Wouldn't the most simple way to protect our people be to create a new branch of military solely dedicated to protecting people in all public facilities?

Police are LAW ENFORCERS, not GUARDIANS. Their jobs are to enforce laws upon people, not protect us. Remember this.

We need soldiers who are willing to lay down their lives to protect us in ALL public places, not just over seas. This just seems common sense to me.

Anyone care to jump in on this idea? If you get the gist of what I'm trying to say please help me explain.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
so whenever the nwo illuminati secret govt, whatever does an event like this there are always certain calling cards hidden in plain sight. one of them is OZ. like the wizard of oz. osama bin laden (oz-ama bin laden), aka tim osman (tim oz-man). the govt is setting up doomsday bunkers in the ozarks (oz-arks). anyway there is alot of reverse audio stuff too and i noticed something. whats adams lanza last name backwards? aznal or OZ-nal... thought that was interesting

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

there is a press blackout all night (i guess they need to get their story straight) which is bizarre too

Wait - what's this? Can you give more info?

Oh, and the alleged shooters mother 'used to' work at the school )implying years ago) or so it's reported. And yes I've got a link for that I'll be right back with it but I wanted to ask you ASAP about this 'blackout' thing. It might go far explaining why I can't find information I know I heard and saw yesterday that's just up and vanished.

peace

edit on 15-12-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

This "media black out" is being created by the black out of the sun.

It's 2:00 AM EST; they are saving all the "new" news until the 6:00 AM news cycle begins. Something to watch the "morning shows" for. Nothing else.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riddlesinthedark
so whenever the nwo illuminati secret govt, whatever does an event like this there are always certain calling cards hidden in plain sight. one of them is OZ. like the wizard of oz. osama bin laden (oz-ama bin laden), aka tim osman (tim oz-man). the govt is setting up doomsday bunkers in the ozarks (oz-arks). anyway there is alot of reverse audio stuff too and i noticed something. whats adams lanza last name backwards? aznal or OZ-nal... thought that was interesting

That was THE worst episode of Jesse Ventura EVER. And that bad actor Stone with his "Oz" crap made it even worse. Don't bring that snip here.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
the more i look into it this adam lanza seems to be about as illusive as the wizard of oz

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
www.ibtimes.com...

"Another neighbor of the Lanza family said that the family had a quiet presence in the neighborhood. “I wouldn’t know them if they drove right by me,” he said. “We know all the neighbors but them.”

I know it's just one persons opinion and it might not be shared by all neighbours but wasn't there similar things about James Holmes? I'm sure one quote from the apartment or to away from Holmes said she'd never ever seen him and others said the same thing.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
America this is just getting stupid and a line needs to be drawn somwhere, either theres a real problem with the people of America or the gun laws are too loose. Something needs to give, this is just madness now. .

We don't hear about this kind of stuff in any other country, its every other week in America. You can say all you want about guns not killing people, I understand that - but its something to do with the general attitude towards firearms that Americans have that must be something to do with the problem.

Liek I said, somethign needs to give, somethign needs to be tackled and stopped and right now you guys are doing nothing about it and this crap is just constant..

So upsetting. . a #ing elementary school. . wtf is wrong with these people.
edit on 14-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

Though you don't hear about this in other countries, it happens quite a bit more around the entire globe than you realize. And it makes the news. It's out there for your brain to perceive.

Some places in Africa even, tribal warfare leads to the wholesale slaughter of men, women and children. Even children are used to kill other children. They are used to kill their own parents as a form of indoctrination in some of these forced child-militias. "Child soldiers" ring a bell?

Also, take a look a our history. In the past 100 years alone, how many genocides have we had where millions of men, women and children were inhumanly murdered?

Look at recorded history of this world. Thousands upon thousands of years of brutality and slaughter. Entire races, genders, religious groups slaughtered always for trivial differences.

The problem is not with guns or law, its with people. Mankind's desire to REDRUM others is the problem.

doesn’t matter how many laws you pass or how many guns you do or don’t have, people will still kill people.

For thousands of years they did it effectively enough without guns.

Take away guns and you still have the same problem with different methods.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
This is far and away the sickest thing I can remember for several reasons.

While I was a witness to 9/11 and thousands died and was surreal and horrific, as was Ok. city; this incident stands out due to children being the target group.

We can all put our differences aside for a moment and pray for the families and all affected by this.

What kind of person, other than Anakin Skywalker, chooses to shoot up children? I cannot wrap my mind around this.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

No we can't put our differences aside for the moment because if we do, then more events like this will repeat over and over again. We need to get to the truth and expose the evils that are doing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 73  74  75    77  78  79 >>

join