It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
my thoughts are that it isnt a suspect in the shooting but a victims family member.......notably distraught and maybe looking to end their suffering.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My condolences to the victims' families.

There is no word that can describe their loss, nor words of comfort in any language, more so over slained children.

All I can say is that they are innocent, and are in a far, far better place than we the living currently are.

This tragedy brings home the responsibility we MUST have towards each other. Apathy must end. It's not the guns, but rather our compassion, or the lack of it for another, that he/she would go insane and react with violence to others.

That human and childslayer was not born out of a rock, but only once a fellow human with problems. He had parents, family, relatives and friends. What had they done or not done that allowed his natural basic animal instincts to take over and slaughter other people? Each human do have responsibilites to each other.

This we must ask ourselves, if we are to ensure there are no more, or at least, less tragedies such as this.......

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
So he killed his father in NJ, then drove to Newtown and killed another 26 people including his mother, then possibly killed himself. And he's 24. Sounds like he needed to be put in an asylum a few years ago...

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
suspect inside church in newtown......claiming hes going to injure himself
Police are en route

Can you please cite a source?

live scanner feed

www.radioreference.com...

Prob a parent who got the bad news
that is so sad.

link   

link   

link   
I just heard one report that said the children in the Kindergarten classroom were lined up killed execution style.

I have to leave this thread for a while - I'm too upset.

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

its working.....make sure your on fairfield county fire police and ems.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostyMew

Explains the principal and school psychologist being the first too shot.. tho that is only a rumor at this point.

link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Sounds like this is turning into a domestic motive where shooter killed the mother and possibly his mother as well as his own child?

Divorce issue where he took vengeance?

link   

Originally posted by summer5
Just looked at his FB page. Strange thing is there is photo that I can see taken just days ago of him dressed in all black. A reply to the photo is this:

Look like you're about to buy an Ale, but then paint a picture of it... very mixed... all good, though. Kinda like if Solid Snake was wearing a Neo trenchcoat. This can only turn out awesome.

edit on 14-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

Looks like the person (JR) that made that Neo trenchcoat comment is a dummy fb account.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Reporter says police have swarmed St. Rose of Lima Church on Church Hill Road. Police not letting her near church.

BREAKING: WCBS-TV reports that shooter's mother was teacher at school, many of the victims apparently her students

link   
reply to post by JamesCookieIII

Hope you're welcoming of a post ban, sir.

Looks like the shooter's mother was a kindergarten teacher there. He went into the school offices, started shooting there, then went to his mother's classroom and that is where most of the victims are.

Report I just heard said the person in the van was the second person they talked about, still unclear if this person is related to the issue or not.
edit on 14-12-2012 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by summer5
Just looked at his FB page. Strange thing is there is photo that I can see taken just days ago of him dressed in all black. A reply to the photo is this:

Look like you're about to buy an Ale, but then paint a picture of it... very mixed... all good, though. Kinda like if Solid Snake was wearing a Neo trenchcoat. This can only turn out awesome.

edit on 14-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

Super MOD noted, no posting links to FB pages.

link   
reply to post by flyswatter

I just naturally assumed since it was brought into this thread. I see now that it was sourced back to a scanner so yeah, it could be completely unrelated.

link   

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by olliemc84

I've thought about home schooling for about a year now. Every time I bring it up to my husband, he thinks I'm crazy....perhaps not so crazy now though.

This is whole mess has my stomach in knots.

I just informed my wife that I am pulling my kids out of school until after new years....

if this shooting is an indication of the loonies who think the world is coming to an end, there may be more who think they have "nothing to lose" by killing others at this point.

While I know it is drastic, I have to do what is in the best interest of my kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

There goes my amazing pancake and egg breakfast. At least I don't feel like I ate too much anymore.

link   
Someone just set up a facebook page for RIP to the killer. WTF. I won't post the link because of the rules, but seriously this is messed up.

link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Oh, I didn't notice you could switch channels on the bottom. Newtown police(digital) seems to be garbled, maybe encrypted.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

it is a secure digital transmission requiring sub audible tones to de-scramble.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join