It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

Something tells me a smaller percentage of their population is addicted to serious brain meds, they probably also have a diet that consists of real food and less fluoride in their water.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
im posting again beause of the speed of this thread....stuff is getting pushed back deep in the thread

AP source: Suspect in Connecticut school shootings is 24-year-old; younger brother being held.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepdxgame
Are you kidding me? Did any of you catch this??

Been watching it 'live' and they sent the live feed to a news reporter at the neighbor where the kid lived. The reporter states, "The neighbors said that around 9:15am they saw police surrounding the 'kids' house and taping off the neighborhood and telling everyone to evacuate". Did you catch that? 9:15am!

The shootings were reported around 10-10:30am. The police DID NOT supposedly learn the identity of the shooter until between 11-11:30am. YET, they are surrounding and taping off the neighborhood of the 'kid' at 9:15am well before the shootings took place.

Am I the only one that finds this a little OFF? They were at the house before the shootings took place.

Whoa.. Good catch!!

link   

link   
I don't know what to say about this. Usually I am very out spoken with my opinions...But..This just...leaves me feeling sick to my stomach.

What a heart breaking thing to happen. This world...the horrible things that happen in it... It really sucks sometimes....

link   
Does anybody see anything wrrong with this thats not him?

please dont t&c this

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In North Korea, there is an idea of a 3 generation model of punishment, most notably in the infamous Gulags.

The idea behind this model is that if you commit a serious crime, you are punished as well as your parents and children... covering a span of 3 generations.

Now in fairness, this probably isn't implemented in the most humane or "fair" manner in North Korea, but the idea itself is somewhat intriguing. Forced accountability.

Atrocities like what we have witnessed in Connecticut today are perpetuated by a fundamental lack of accountability, in my humble opinion.

The cowardly murderer has no repercussions to his actions that will effect him personally or those he loves so he is free to carry out his darkest desires without accountability.

North Korea might not have it right, but they may be on to something.... just maybe.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

Right now on Faux News Megan Kelly is discussing the need for change with regard to mental health patients.

You guys remember 10 or so years ago where Steroids was the issue. More to the point, Joe Biden, in Senate hearings, spearheaded giving Anabolics a bad name after 2 suicides and the Pro Wrestler killing his family and himself....

Look at all the lives lost by these Clinically Troubled people ie: Being treated for mental illness
YET THERE IS NO SENATE HEARINGS now another shooter with RED FLAGS FLOWN and 27 people dead including 5yr olds
edit on 14-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My heart aches for these poor children and their families. I sit here with my two children ages 4 and 7 and think about how just a couple of weeks ago I was considering putting my 7 year old into public school instead of continuing to homeschool as we have been.

Why is it that these shooters are all in their 20's and male? What happened to that generation? I'm 30 and I can't even begin to comprehend what could possibly be going on in their minds.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

well if it wasent him.........hmmmmmm

link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
Does anybody see anything wrrong with this thats not him?

please dont t&c this

Another person with the same name?

link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by thepdxgame

There is a good chance that someone called the police about the father being shot before the shooter made it to the school.

Not everything is a conspiracy......

So at 9:15 he is in where? New Jersey? and then by 9:45 he is at this school in Connecticut?
That does not compute.

I must have missed something

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Not just the same name but the poor guy is from the same town. Were I him I would be so freaked out right now....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by MagesticEsoteric
reply to post by olliemc84

I've thought about home schooling for about a year now. Every time I bring it up to my husband, he thinks I'm crazy....perhaps not so crazy now though.

This is whole mess has my stomach in knots.

I just informed my wife that I am pulling my kids out of school until after new years....

if this shooting is an indication of the loonies who think the world is coming to an end, there may be more who think they have "nothing to lose" by killing others at this point.

While I know it is drastic, I have to do what is in the best interest of my kids.

I think it will be good for you and them. The more time we spend with our children the better especially under circumstances like this.

Enjoy every minute.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by thepdxgame

There is a good chance that someone called the police about the father being shot before the shooter made it to the school.

Not everything is a conspiracy......

So at 9:15 he is in where? New Jersey? and then by 9:45 he is at this school in Connecticut?
That does not compute.

I must have missed something

Yup you missed that his Brother is being held.......

link   

Originally posted by GhostyMew
So he killed his father in NJ, then drove to Newtown and killed another 26 people including his mother, then possibly killed himself. And he's 24. Sounds like he needed to be put in an asylum a few years ago...

You may be correct. But I can't help from wondering if his parents abused him. Maybe it's just natural to wonder what they did to him. Probably just trying to make sense of it with everyone else.

link   

Originally posted by blackbox
In North Korea, there is an idea of a 3 generation model of punishment, most notably in the infamous Gulags.

The idea behind this model is that if you commit a serious crime, you are punished as well as your parents and children... covering a span of 3 generations.

Now in fairness, this probably isn't implemented in the most humane or "fair" manner in North Korea, but the idea itself is somewhat intriguing. Forced accountability.

Atrocities like what we have witnessed in Connecticut today are perpetuated by a fundamental lack of accountability, in my humble opinion.

The cowardly murderer has no repercussions to his actions that will effect him personally or those he loves so he is free to carry out his darkest desires without accountability.

North Korea might not have it right, but they may be on to something.... just maybe.

umm Maybe you missed the part where he killed everyone he loved along with lot of innocent children, also he is dead so yeah no repercussions except damnation in hell

i apologize if you take offense to this statement was not my intention, i respect your point of view
edit on 14-12-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by blackbox

Please tell me your trolling..

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join