It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OTV-3 Not Trackable for few days after launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well, this MUST be a very very top secret classified mission if this thing is not even trackable after a few days of the launch.
www.n2yo.com...

The OTV-2 was indeed trackable when that mission was underway. But this, I dont know as to why its not even trackable.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well, I can confirm it was spotted off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa about two days ago.

vvv

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Maybe this tracking site has issues generating its telemetry.
One time, after the OTV-2 landed, that same site was showing it in orbit even after 3 days...

Can you please recommend another site or a free software that I can track it?

How do you know this? Do yiu have like Orbitron or something?

Thx

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

How do you know this? Do yiu have like Orbitron or something?

I know this, because it was spotted by hundreds of people, thinking it was a ufo.

vvv

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Is there any other tracking websites that it might track it?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but what is the purpose of OTV-2?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So how come this is not still being tracked?
www.n2yo.com...

If its not active after a week, then it must be a classified mission. So classified, that it will not even track it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It takes time to find it. During the second mission, they lost track of it for two weeks I think it was, and then found it again and tracked it the rest of the time. It's small, and the orbit isn't known right away so it takes awhile to find it. It's not stealthy, it just changes orbit and takes awhile to be found again.

Oh, and by the way, it's OTV-3. Orbital Test Vehicle- mission 3.

And apparently it is trackable.

After Tuesday’s successful launch of the X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle 3 atop an Atlas V 501 Rocket blasting off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Satellite Trackers have successfully observed the vehicle for the first time.

Tuesday’s successful launch began the third mission of the X-37B, the second flight of this particular vehicle that also flew the OTV-1 mission in 2010. It also marked the first time a re-usable space vehicle was launched atop an Expendable Launch Vehicle to make its second trip to space.

www.spaceflight101.com...

edit on 12/14/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/14/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So the NY2O site has to locate the telemetry location data in order for us to track the passes on their page?

Like I said, when the recent mission of the OTV-2 landed at Vandenberg AFB, even after several days it still was tracking the data. So the site must not be very accurate.

We had a little argument about this as well here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

It doesn't update well. After the USS Lake Eerie shot down the satellite a few years ago, it was still showing in space a couple of hours later, even though it had been confirmed down. It's an interesting site, but I'm not really impressed at how accurate it is.

top topics

join