It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ukraine Lawmakers Brawl in Parliament for Second Day Running

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The lawmakers in Ukraine can't seem to get along. There has been various brawls over the years but they have gotten into a brawl two days in a row now.

The opening session of the Verkhkovna Rada on Wednesday began in a typically raucous fashion (as seen on PhotoBlog yesterday) as a fight erupted in the chamber between opposition MPs and two deputies whom they accused of defecting to the pro-government camp. Several lawmakers from the opposition nationalist Svoboda group chased two men they called "turncoats" — a father and a son — to prevent them from taking the oath.

Ukraine's parliament has seen several physical confrontations in recent years amid bitterness between opposition and pro-government camps.

photoblog.nbcnews.com...

I know this may sound sadistic, but it would be funny to see this happen in Canadian Parliament

Hopefully they will all figure things out and learn how to get along as Ukraine has had a lot of political turmoil over the years. If they can't discuss these matters in a civil manner, how are they supposed to properly represent the people of Ukraine?

Some of these guys should consider a career change and join the UFC!
edit on 12/13/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

+31 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Now that's a real debate.

Its show the passion these guys have for there country unlike our western parliaments that are to busy working for big money lobbyists.

Edit: Just had to post this picture from the link you provided, the guy takes a heavy shot to the groin

Scroll to the right to see.

edit on 13-12-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

I did not notice that until you pointed it out.

That must have hurt

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I always figured real politics looked like this

CE with respect to your comment about applying this to Canadian Politics, Harper would be running around kicking people in the shin's

American politics would produce some good brawls?

Obama and House speaker Boehner duking it out behind closed doors like some kind of fight club?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

This is almost how all political disputes should be settled. Throw all of congress/parliament or whatever in a big cage and make them rumble it out. Would be a nice way to keep government young and innovative. Old rich people are too set in their tiny minds to keep up with the changes that take place in the real world.

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

CE with respect to your comment about applying this to Canadian Politics, Harper would be running around kicking people in the shin's

Come on bro, are you telling me you would want to mess with these guys?

"Everybody was Kung-Fu fighting!"

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You might be on to something

Even if it doesn't work out, it would be entertaining at the very least.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
sadistic? no way! id love to see this in Canadian politics, watching those idiots, especially Harper, get punched in the grill would be a dream come true. maybe in lieu of the NHL lockout? we could be onto something....

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not only should Canadian and American politicians solve their differences like that, we should televise it and charge pay-per-view prices.

Maybe we could pay down the debt a little.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Coming to the floor of the U.S. congress soon. I'm just surprised we haven't seen the dems and republicans go at it considering all the bickering and finger pointing they do.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Coming to the floor of the U.S. congress soon. I'm just surprised we haven't seen the dems and republicans go at it considering all the bickering and finger pointing they do.

They are all on the same team it's all a show, they love each other behind the scenes and meet up at bath houses and joke about how the tricked the general public and do unspeakable things to each other ... shudders

I am with you though, it would be fun to see them pull this too.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hahahaha, and Vitaly Klitschko just commiserating at these white-collar brawlers!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
AT least they have passion and care more about doing what they think is right
than about their public image
it also shows that the government is not owned by the government inside the government

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Id want Vitali Klitschko on my side.

Hes a member of Ukrainian parliament and UDAR party leader.

He also just so happens to be a world heavyweight champ in boxing.

Here he is (left), with his brother, reigning world champ if I'm not mistaken:
img713.imageshack.us...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
edit on 13-12-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Considering how many decades the puppet-masters and "behind the scenes" people have been carefully crafting and corrupting Americas legislative, judicial and executive bodies, I would say "No, this will NOT be coming to the U.S. Ever...". Not if things remain the way they have been going. In order to get passionate and riled up the way these guys seem to do every now and then, there would have to be some true fundamental principles and patriotism in the hearts of any representative and in the system itself for that matter. The reason we don't see this in western reps is because the system has been made to NOT accept true representatives anymore. Only crooks, con-artists and sociopaths need apply. These guys get paid to follow orders and stick to the script, THAT is why they are all bark and no bite. Western politics is truly Hollywood for ugly people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Beats the usual drivel in Parliament.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Canadian parliament is super entertaining to Americans CE. I used to watch Question Period for the lulz. One guy gets up and calls the guy across the aisle the political equivalent of a goal licker, and then the other guy stands up and acts outraged. It's epic.

In America you've got "honorable gentleman this, and I respectfully demand this, and look at this pie chart."

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I must admit that our Parliementary debates are pretty funny...

In my opinion it's nothing more than a bunch of spoiled brats arguing like a bunch of raging grannies.
( No offense to the raging grannies on ATS
)

Not only is it entertaining, but it can be painful at times if Peter McKay, Stephen Harper, Vic Toews, John Baird and the rest of their stooges take the stage and try and defend the exposure of their proven lies.

A couple examples are the F-35 fiasco, and Mr. Mckay's use of a military search and rescue helicopter as his own personal taxi during his camping trip, might I add this was in a remote area with only to helicopters to cover a large chunk of land.

I wish these guys would actually fight it out instead of making us listen to them whine, they might finally get something accomplished

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

Now that's a real debate.

Its show the passion these guys have for there country unlike our western parliaments that are to busy working for big money lobbyists.

Edit: Just had to post this picture from the link you provided, the guy takes a heavy shot to the groin

Scroll to the right to see.

edit on 13-12-2012 by snapperski because: (no reason given)

oh my god i just spat a mouthfull of coffee all over my laptop and thats gonna take some cleaning off!

all parliaments should be like this
a backbone and passion is all that the world needs!
ETA - and some brass bollocks!!!

edit on 14-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Would it be terrible of me to wish that I could watch Harry Reid and John Boehner pound each other's face in?

It would be like watching two puppets fight in a grade school puppet show. It would be kool. Obama would be the announcer. Charlie Rangel could be Don King. Biden the ref, Eric Cantor, Paul Ryan and John Kerry the judges, and Pelosi the round girl. McCain could be Larry Merchant.

If Ted Kennedy was still alive, he would be Larry Merchant first though, without a doubt. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join