It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket w/ Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Cops are going heavy handed on the PR stunts recently.

So when a cop does something bad, or even slightly off-kilter, he is evil, and a beacon that shows exactly how all cops in the entire U.S. act.. but when a couple cops get a story because they do something decent.. it's just a PR stunt?

You know, they really can't win, no matter what they do.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

They could get a job of not being a cop.

Then they'd win.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It's always nice to see something actually positive posted here about Law Enforcement Officers. If anyone here has the extra money, please help out your fellow human beings during the holidays if you can. Great story. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah! That's near my hometown (McKinney)! Awesome! This is the kind of stuff we need to remind people that there are good cops out there.

And I love how people think he's gonna have negative repercussions from the other cops and the department. Seriously? Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

What is wrong with being a cop? Is it that because they are people and that good and bad exists in them just as it does with any other human being with any other job, say like maybe a politician or even a Doctor who drugs and rapes his patients? I know all police officers are not good people, but I bet there are more good than bad.

Get over your hate for individuals, and I stress INDIVIDUALS, that you mostly know absolutely nothing about.

Happy Holidays my friend, it's an opinion, like your opinion. It's never personal though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
not that it is a bad thing.

but there is a sudden influx of "good cop" stories making big news.
its a little suspicious actually...

in an era where the huge influx of "bad cop" videos and stories were getting out of hand.

one may say it could all be a ploy.

if i was a police captain, i could easily tell one of my up and coming impressionable officers take this here cash down to main street and find myself a homeless man. he can make headlines as a hero, and the entire district looks good.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

Or it could be that the media realized how they've helped demonize cops by focusing on the bad and not even batting an eyelash at the plethora of good they actually do. This story does NOT scream "police captain gave me $100 to the first person who told me he can't afford to pay for his registration." This sounds like a cop who has a heart and wants to help out somebody.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

I understand what you're suggesting, but what percentage of these incidents do you really assume could fall into that catagory? Again, I believe that the majority of these situations are genuine.

True, Public relations with law enforcement is an issue, and that could be a motive that would back up your theory, but I don't think that is the reality here.

Yet In no way do I believe that all cops are perfect, I have seen the bad seeds with power trips myself when I was a younger man, but we should be careful before being so cynical of good individuals. If I was a Cop, and I almost became a Fish & Game officer decades ago, If I could I would do nice gestures such as this. Without a doubt during the holidays. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

wow. skeptical thinking is one thing, but to play it out in one's mind to the extent of twisting and contorting the actuality to that type level or extent is, well .... scary, to say the least. (?)

yeah. sure. here sgt ... take this benjamin and make a better name for the dept ... on youtube and in the press, even. (?)

if that were the case, wouldn't you think there'd be a few folks seeking to take credit for the action ... instead of not wanting to be named and made known. (?)

even lewinski denied doing that which resulted in the stain(s) on the blue dress. (?)

Bil!? ;duh:

:shk:

edit on 12/13/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
How come when I did something similar to this it was called a "bribe" and I wound up in jail?

It just doesn't seem fair

The COP gave the $100 to the driver. How is this a bribe? Did you read the OP? Did all of you that star'd this post read the OP?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I would be one you could accuse of being anti-cop for the most part.... except the thing is, there is quite a few cops doing more than just the right thing lately. And on a personal note; tonight there was some problems at my own house and the cops were called. Three came and were more than cordial. It took some time as protocol demands and the situation was over and they went on their way. Very helpful! To the point I now am forced to reconsider my position.

I understand there are bad ones and I have met them. I worked in court reporting. I also KNOW that there are good ones as I met three tonight. 3 out of 3 is pretty good ratio.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

God bless the kindred souls!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Because they do the devils bidding. Like arrest non-violent victimless offenders for plant possession.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ah, that's the way to live, to do your job properly and make a difference while you do it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

woah cops have that kind of money to hand out!!! we must do something about that.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
First a cop gives 75$ boots to a homeless man.
and now this??
are they doing this on orders? to off set the very bad image?
if so it will not make up for the killings.

I hope they do this as humans.
we need more people doing this.
we are all a family and are mother is the Earth.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ouch. Thanks for letting me know how pessimistic I've become.

I immediately assumed I'd be reading a negative story.
Nice to be proven wrong sometimes.

edit on 14-12-2012 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's going to take more than this story to restore my faith in Humanity....lol...although it is nice to see not all cops are emotionless,cornhole droids with no soul.Something else to...he still gave the dude the ticket even though he gave him the cost to renew his registration the ticket is same as the money loaned for the registration...it almost cancelled itself out...lol...anway's...it's a step in the right direction

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

(CBS) PLANO, Texas - When 25-year-old Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker by a Plano police officer, he told him without hesitation - he had no excuse. "I said there's no explanation for why I haven't done it, except I don't have the money....it was either feed my kids or get my registration done."

The cop gave Carlo a ticket...and something else. "I opened it up and there's a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do?," Carlo told CBS DFW.

www.cbsnews.com...$100-bill-in-traffic-ticket/

I always said the kindest American folk live in the heart of Texas. I personally work with a lot of people in Plano, because we have an office their and in Houston. Calgary is the Texas of Canada.

Ok, we can do this people. Remember the "Pay it forward" movie? Let;s begin our own good news deed this Christmas season then post it here as encouragement to others (not as a brag fest) to do good to our fellow man. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
It's going to take more than this story to restore my faith in Humanity....lol...although it is nice to see not all cops are emotionless,cornhole droids with no soul.Something else to...he still gave the dude the ticket even though he gave him the cost to renew his registration the ticket is same as the money loaned for the registration...it almost cancelled itself out...lol...anway's...it's a step in the right direction

Actually OneWhoKnowsJesus, the ticket is like a fix it ticket, and will be reversed when the Judge sees that he got his registration taken care of. This is Texas we are talking about not New York.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join