Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket w/ Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
S & F OP, I love reading things like this.

That cop is a lovely man for doing that.

Proves there are still alot of decent people in this world

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Awesome cop!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Such a great story!

There are still good people in this world, we just don't hear about it enough because we are constantly bombarded with all the negative aspects of humanity.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname
Dude, that brought tears to my eyes!
Wish the whole world could just be as humane as that.

It starts with our own actions first. Just think if everyone showed some act of kindness everyday to someone what a different world this would make. It can start with something as simple as a smile. You will be surprised just how far a smile can go.

And yeah, I had tears too.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

LOL
"No one here can recall a story like the one we're about to tell you"
Or something to that effect at the start of the video.

It's a nice thing, but we see more bad stories from the police for a reason and it's NOT because they aren't reporting the good ones either.

All the people saying they were moved to tears in this thread weirds me out. I mean, it's nice, but really?
edit on 13-12-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Seems like I been seeing a lot of pro police stories. Could this all just be PR stunts?
However the few police I have encountered through the years where all gentlemen. One even drove me home 15 miles when my car broke down last year.
edit on 12/13/12 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Cuervo

Wow. I hope he doesn't get beat up in the locker room for that.

No. but he may be laid off.

Why would he when his Chief even appreciated the goodwill jester.

It was the right thing to do in his heart gentlemen.
edit on 13-12-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Im actually glad to hear that you've been somewhat forced to do a re-think with regards your perception of those in uniform, badges, etc...

You know, the problem I have boils down to a lack of oversight that's not in a conflict of interest, and the tendency to back each other up even when they know better.

Being Irish (mostly, anyway), about half my relatives are LEOs of some sort. And about 30% of those are what I would call "questionable" in terms of behavior, attitude, mismatched earnings vs expenditures and so on.

I just cut out a long true story, it's not worth going into, but one of my first interactions with police sort of set my attitude about the whole thing. I don't trust cops. Even the ones I'm related to.

I think you get better odds with 1%ers - you get murderous whack jobs and assholes there too, but IMO the percentage is a lot lower. Put it this way, I've been helped on the side of the road more by Bandidos than cops.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What a GREAT story! There is still human compassion in the world. Now if only every person did an act of kindness like this what a different world we would become.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
See? There are some good cops out there.

Well done, Texas Highway Patrol.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
So he gave him 100$, which was nice of him. But how much was the ticket for? Just kidding. I guess.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
to those apparently looking to downplay the significance of 'this act of kindness' done by officer 'whats his name'... i can only say,..

"he obviously did it as a human being. NOT as a 'cop'.

downplay that ... and good luck in doing so ... because, lawd knows we need mOar folks in this world who are willing to and capable of the same. (?)

* a guy at the grocery today left his 'penny change' in the automated checkout till .. i followed him to the parking to give it back to him. guy whips out a $5r and says thanks, from the obvious bottom of his heart.*!

walked back into the store and spent every last dime of it on canned goods for the 'needy bin' outside.

it felt damn good doing so, TOO

carry on, officer/human whatshisname ... we need mOar like ya.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

"he obviously did it as a human being. NOT as a 'cop'.

I don't disagree with you. I hope the guy keeps it up. I hope the other cops around him don't cut him out of their circle. Maybe they'll pass it on. Maybe.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thudpuddy

Originally posted by Cuervo

Wow. I hope he doesn't get beat up in the locker room for that.

I saw that story yesterday . What really impressed me was the the officer in no way wanted recognition for it and requested that the news not use his name . His fellow officers are trying to find a way to honor him anyway .

how about other police officers around the country honor him by not tasering 95 year old grandma's in the back, throwing people in wheelchairs on the floor and not shooting unarmed "suspects" 143 times.

thats a start.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Kudos to the cop...that makes two good deeds recently by the boys in blue (boots for the homeless man being the other incident).

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Themanwithnoname

"Dude, that brought tears to my eyes!
Wish the whole world could just be as humane as that."

I wish, the whole world could be that rich.^^

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Im actually glad to hear that you've been somewhat forced to do a re-think with regards your perception of those in uniform, badges, etc...

You know, the problem I have boils down to a lack of oversight that's not in a conflict of interest, and the tendency to back each other up even when they know better.

Being Irish (mostly, anyway), about half my relatives are LEOs of some sort. And about 30% of those are what I would call "questionable" in terms of behavior, attitude, mismatched earnings vs expenditures and so on.

I just cut out a long true story, it's not worth going into, but one of my first interactions with police sort of set my attitude about the whole thing. I don't trust cops. Even the ones I'm related to.

I think you get better odds with 1%ers - you get murderous whack jobs and assholes there too, but IMO the percentage is a lot lower. Put it this way, I've been helped on the side of the road more by Bandidos than cops.

I know exactly what you are saying- And fully agree.

I have known some damn good cops- Our local Cop where I grew up (1 horse town) was unbelievably cool. He used to never bust us as kids (would make us dump stuff on the side of the road) and even saved my butt from a drunk driving charge by "calling my parents" which was probably worse at the time- But saved me in the future. Anyhow, he was a good dude. He had to arrest a friend of mine on a warrant and we he arrived my buddy had just gotten off work and was covered in oil (was a mechanic)- This officer gave him a couple hours to clean up and eat and then came back and picked him up a couple hours later- Maybe it was because it was a very small town with no real crime- IDK-

Anyhow, a couple years ago it was on the news that he had busted (at this time he was a Chief of Police) for doing lewd acts in the Police Station and filming it, possessing drugs with intent to deliver, etc, etc, etc.

Now, I am almost positive that when I knew him he was not "dirty". The town was so small we knew each other by what car you saw-Seriously... Word would have gotten out. But somewhere along the lines an Officer who was a really good human being became "dirty"-

I have also known some real jerks (Family members also) who used to all get drunk as hell and drive around their towns totally protected- They laughed and joked about things which were in very bad taste sometimes talking about pretty personal stuff...They scared me thinking that I might run into someone like this (who didnt know me) on ) who actually had a badge.

-Cops are just people- Some very, very good people. But generally I think the mindset (especially among new officers) is pretty scary- But Hell, I think society is getting scary as a whole. My kid cannot bring a GI Joe toy to school (promotes violence) nor have cupcakes on his birthday at school with his class (promotes obesity) and yet we are dumber, fatter and more violent IMO than ever before. =/

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Maybe if the media would televise more of these kind deeds, it may catch on. Who would ever expect a police officer to do such a nice thing. People who do these kind things are the silent heroes in this world.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wait a minute...Of course that was a very nice thing to do, but won't the ticket end up costing him more than he received from the generous gesture? Maybe the officer should just not have given him a ticket, lol. I don't know, just saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Cops are going heavy handed on the PR stunts recently.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join