Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket w/ Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+66 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

(CBS) PLANO, Texas - When 25-year-old Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker by a Plano police officer, he told him without hesitation - he had no excuse. "I said there's no explanation for why I haven't done it, except I don't have the money....it was either feed my kids or get my registration done."

The cop gave Carlo a ticket...and something else. "I opened it up and there's a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do?," Carlo told CBS DFW.

www.cbsnews.com...$100-bill-in-traffic-ticket/

I always said the kindest American folk live in the heart of Texas. I personally work with a lot of people in Plano, because we have an office their and in Houston. Calgary is the Texas of Canada.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There are a lot of kind hearts in Texas, makes me miss Conroe where I grew up

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Dude, that brought tears to my eyes!
Wish the whole world could just be as humane as that.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Glad to see it's not another miserable story about police, it seems like the good stories barely make it to the news...

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
stories such as this help to rekindle one's faith in humanity.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

wow, that was a real up lifter.Makes good cops look good. Keep it up guys, even without the cash, shows you are human too.

Officer, wherever you are, thank you.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Very Nice to see the kind hearted people making the news.
Others who have also helped the less fortunate know that it is indeed a Very good feeling. Even lesser amounts are appreciated simply because it feels good knowing that others do care.

Thank you for the post

tom

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wow. I hope he doesn't get beat up in the locker room for that.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

No. but he may be laid off.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i hope the cop gave him the $100 out of his own pocket and not out of the skim fund the cops have from rolling up on druggies and petty criminals where they pat them down and shake them for a few bills and let them go with a warning that if they tell anyone they will get locked up.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So that's where you got your name from, Calgarian?

Great story and a great cause.
This should be an example to all LEO's.

FAITH IN HUMANITY: Restored!

edit on 13-12-2012 by havok because: Code errors

link   
That was very kind of this officer, hopefully it was only a fix-it ticket and he can now register his car. I just had to get new tags for my car and it cost over $200 with the smog test required where I live included. It's a big chuck out of a tight budget, especially for a young man with a family.

link   
opps
edit on 13-12-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How come when I did something similar to this it was called a "bribe" and I wound up in jail?

It just doesn't seem fair

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Awesome.
I wonder if the officer will be be reprimanded though.
Kind of like when a good citizen feeds a parking meter.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
stories such as this help to rekindle one's faith in humanity.

Humanity?
How bout cops in general?

In the past 6 months I have come across several stories which have forced me to rethink my long standing blanket hatred of ANYONE even wearing a badge.

There are several cops now, which I WOULD actually attempt to save if I saw them drowning in a river.
This is getting out of control.
Something must be done.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
S&F

The bad tend to get the most press, but I honestly think the good outnumber them.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Any time I get pulled over in Carrollton I get harassed. I think I'm moving to Plano if I can get a ticket with a 100 dollar bill inside.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Humanity?
How bout cops in general?

In the past 6 months I have come across several stories which have forced me to rethink my long standing blanket hatred of ANYONE even wearing a badge.

I've always been of the mind that the good far outnumber the bad .... in most any cross-section of people, careers, etc. Reason being 'good news' typically doesn't make the 'news' ... as most folks care more to hear about something they can point their finger, anger or angst at.

...hence why we all too often hear mOar of the 'bad side' of things people do as opposed to the Many acts of kindness and good that people demonstrate on a daily basis.

Im actually glad to hear that you've been somewhat forced to do a re-think with regards your perception of those in uniform, badges, etc... If only mOar would do the same, it wouldn't be long before the entire 'cops are pigs' mentality would be shown as the farcical nonsense that It Is!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I saw that story yesterday . What really impressed me was the the officer in no way wanted recognition for it and requested that the news not use his name . His fellow officers are trying to find a way to honor him anyway .

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join