It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida executes "Dexter"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Manuel Pardo was sentenced to death after being convicted in 1988 of nine counts of first-degree murder

Apparently this was the guy that made the show "Dexter" possible
the show producer were inspired by Manuel Pardo
one of the actor in the tv serie is coincidentialy named Manuel Prado
but was later killed by Dexter in one of the episode

Florida executes former cop

(CNN) -- A former police officer convicted of multiple murders in the 1980s was executed Tuesday night in Florida.

Manuel Pardo, 56, was pronounced dead at 7:47 p.m. EST at the Florida State Prison in Starke, according to Ann Howard, spokeswoman with the Florida Department of Corrections.
His last meal consisted of red beans and rice, roasted pork chops, plantains, avocado and tomato slices with olive oil, eggnog and pumpkin pie, she said.

Pardo was sentenced to death after being convicted in 1988 of nine counts of first-degree murder.

His attorneys had argued that Florida's recent change in the drug combination it uses for lethal injections would violate their client's civil rights. A judge denied the complaint.

In another legal filing, the Supreme Court of Florida denied Pardo's argument that he should have never been tried because he was incompetent to stand trial. David Waksman, who prosecuted the case, dismissed the claim, saying, "He was just a cold-blooded killer who used to be a cop."

Pardo's life started on the other side of the law, according to court documents filed by his attorneys. At age 17, he enlisted in the Navy and served honorably from 1974 to 1978. In 1981, Pardo re-enlisted in the Marines and remained a reservist while he worked for the Florida Highway Patrol and the Sweetwater Police Department.

In 1985, Pardo was fired from the police department and left the reserves when, according to court documents, "he falsely testified in court about police corruption in the Bahamas." His attorney said the stress of losing his job, compounded with a serious undiagnosed disease, turned him into "someone he was not," a killer.

During his trial, Pardo took the stand and admitted to the murders. "He came up with this vigilante story," recalls Waksman. "He said, 'I'm ridding the community of this vermin and technically it is not murder because they're not human beings.'"

The Dexter Thread

Now we know that Dexter will die maybe in season 8 by lethal injection

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Bit creepy because I have just started watching Dexter tonight.
Oh and you just told me the ending grrrrr lol

On episode 4 season 1 can't make up my mind if he is a bad guy....I mean he is obviously a Psychopath but I like him..hhhm odd that.

Thanks OP I didn't know it was based on a real dude.
edit on 12-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Bit creepy because I have just started watching Dexter tonight.
Oh and you just told me the ending grrrrr lol

edit on 12-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Im watching season 5 now
CNN spoiled the ending lol

he is one badass Judge Jury and Executioner !

did he diserve to be executed for killing criminals ?
Hero or Vilain ?

thats a debatable and very sensitive question
imho .. there is other people living today
that diserve the death sentence more then him for sure and by far
edit on 12/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah in a civilized society he is a bad guy but if he stopped people killing others by killing them..yup tricky.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I dig the show even though it doesn't make sense.
I don't think a true sociopath could live by a code. At some point their urge/want to do something outside the code would overwhelm them because there is no conscience.

The only way Dexter works is if he really does have some sort of conscience and his father was wrong about him in the first place and actually made a serial killer out of a kid.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I dig the show even though it doesn't make sense.
I don't think a true sociopath could live by a code. At some point their urge/want to do something outside the code would overwhelm them because there is no conscience.

The only way Dexter works is if he really does have some sort of conscience and his father was wrong about him in the first place and actually made a serial killer out of a kid.

and we dont have all the facts
+ we cant compare the Dexter show to his life
but if he really killed only bad guys that were killers and hard to be caught by the system
and put in prison for life without being freed after 5-10yrs because its to expensive to keep them
then he probably saved a lots of life by killing criminals before they do more victims
and saved a lot of tax payers money lol
edit on 12/12/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah in a civilized society he is a bad guy but if he stopped people killing others by killing them..yup tricky.
So, what did they do to him for killing those that killed others?

Why they killed him!

Even more sticky!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Now why did somebody in this thread think CNN spoiled the ending? Just because the show happens to be based on this person doesn't mean that Dexter is going to die via Lethal Injection, but the show does have to end somehow right? I don't want Dexter to die, in my eyes he is a Hero and it wasn't his fault the he turned out the way he did after what he saw when he was just two years old.

Dexter does have a conscience but never had the chance to understand it because of what he witnessed when he was just two years old. We're beginning to see that he has a conscience throughout the show, now that he's beginning to question if his Father was wrong about him. Great show indeed.

I love the show but it isn't my favorite. If you guys enjoy this, I suggest you all to check our 'Breaking Bad' which is another great show.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thats is the creepeiest shiet ever! I was literally watching the episode when Dexter kills Manuel last night. WTF!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You're on Season 5? Lol, the show gets better

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That pic! Totally freaky....

Kerazy! What is it with FL?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Worse show ever ( next to Walking Dead and Breaking Bad), I can't beleive people actually watch it and pay for the channel that runs the show. It's horrendous. Killing is wrong no matter who you kill, even in the case of killing somone in jail under the state's order. The only time it isn't wrong is when it's to defend your life if it is in immediate danger. That's a fact.
edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarify

edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
That pic! Totally freaky....

Kerazy! What is it with FL?

Psychopaths flee the state they're from and take up residence here. Florida has every derelict in the universe hiding here...that's no joke, it's true.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Worse show ever ( next to Walking Dead and Breaking Bad), I can't beleive people actually watch it and pay for the channel that runs the show. It's horrendous. Killing is wrong no matter who you kill, even in the case of killing somone in jail under the state's order. The only time it isn't wrong is when it's to defend your life if it is in immediate danger. That's a fact.

edit on 12-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: add

Ahahh you'd be best friends with a guy named Genesis on the EZTV IRC channel.

He hates dexter. Coz murder is bad mmmkay

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well in the case of Dexter he is one sick bastard and it's as bad as SAW what he does very graphic very disgusting gore. I can't take that anymore murder can be right if it's killing in immediate protection of family or self, and even if once you just snap, but serial killing ( which psycopaths and states alike love) is very intensely wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This guy is really dead inside.

What are they killing him for ?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This guy is really dead inside.

What are they killing him for ?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

and they are all working at Disney

Dexter is more like a grimreaper or death himself
if we are good Santa will come to our house
if we are bad Satan .. err i mean Dexter will come to our house lol

good story to teach the kids to BEHAVE

edit on 12/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join