It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amphibious Craft Powered by Perpetual Motion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Daily Mail Article

Now this is interesting. It states that the amphibious vehicle is powered by Chris Garner's, the inventor, "Gyro-Generator" technology that is self-sustaining and never runs out.

Perpetual Motion as we know, by definition, is a technical impossibility. What I am willing to except, however, is ANY and ALL instances of apparent perpetual motion or otherwise technically impossible energy generation technology is simply a case of misunderstanding. Additional energy is being supplied from somewhere, we just don't understand from where or how - yet. But you can NEVER get something for free. It has to come from somewhere. Where is the question.

The device is undergoing testing by Plymouth University over the coming weeks (which in itself is interesting as i'm struggling to find another case where a claimant of perpetual motion has allowed their device to undergo testing and verification by an Academic Body) so perhaps we will have some more information in the coming weeks.

Worth noting it gives no detail as to its operation (though gyro implies rotation), size or output.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadraphobe

Wow that is the best thing I have ever seen!!!!
I want it now
I bet I could pull Nicole Kidman in that machine

S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Could be big. I hope it is.

As you say though, I think he just doesn't fully understand what he's built. We'll see soon eh, make sure you keep us updated OP!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadraphobe

Subscribed.

I suspect, as it always does, this will go nowhere.
It doesn't mean I want it to go nowhere.

However, as with plans anyone can get to Build your own UFO (antigravity flying saucer), I'm certain that all this will prove to be a no-go.

Sure, it'd be nice were it true, but, perpetual motion, as we know, at least "perpetual" in any sort of practical and useful sense is unlikely.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is right on my door step! i might try and pop in to the uni and see if i can get any info on how its getting on with its test's. i'm very interested in the idea of perpetual motion, lets hope this pans out.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This topic and thread has been chosen to be discussed by the ATS LIVE crew this Saturday between 6-9pm pst as part of this weeks Turbo Topics segment.

LOW BANDWIDTH STREAM NOW AVAILABLE - We now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections. You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here.

www.shoutcast.com...

We are still running at 256kbps through the ATS Player, and there are also options to listen via other players on our relay site at www.illustrial.net...

For more information and past shows, be sure to check out the ATSLive Show Threads Here.

Hope you'll listen in!
Johnny

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I too, although skeptical, hope beyond hope that this is something real and tangible and can be verified and replicated by all.

What most interests me is the technical aspect of the device - How does it work? How is it generating energy? How has the inventor got around the problems (assuming it is legit) that seems to plague all others in the field?
How do you make it? What does it cost to make? Does it require maintenance?

I am, however, optimistic simply because of the fact it is being investigated and tested by a legitimate academic body - something i cannot find another example of.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If "free energy" devices are real and suppressed, it's bound trickle out to the rest of us.

On a Coast 2 Coast with Sterling Allan and John B Wells, Sterling explains how lots of tinkers and hobby mechanics that have gotten into making these devices (sure some of hoaxes, and others super efficient vs free).
Described as a "tsunami of invention" headed our way. Can't wait for the day I don't for pay utilities or gas.

I hope they work every time they pop up. Lets see if it gets to peer review though (and how THAT goes).
edit on 12-12-2012 by Qubert because: forgot a word

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Its a cool amphibious craft, but to make the perpetual motion (I'm assuming free energy is their point?) claim and not give any details...that's just rude.

I mean as everybody knows, if you have knowledge that can help humanity, and you try to keep it secret for your own profit, it will not reach humanity, and you will stay poor.
See Tesla
TPTB hold back your research, steal/buy your idea and put lock it up.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is one of the slightly more believable claims of free energy I've seen. I'm still highly skeptical though. Even if real there's a high chance it will get squashed. His first and most crucial mistake (or first indication of a hoax) was keeping the details of this so called free energy device hidden. If it is real and he ever wants the technology to make it into the public domain before his death, he needs to release the full details as soon as possible.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Because this inventor is willing to let some one else test his vehicle for a perpetual power source and he is not asking for research money, I believe that his amphibious boat invention truly is fuel less.

I am assuming that he is using a synthetic tornado (ST) driven turbine connected to a generator for a perpetual source if electricity.

For those ATS’ers who still do not know what an ST is, here is a link to my thread.

(www.abovetopsecret.com...)

Although I posted the plans here, only a small group of people would be able to actually build and test this ST. One would have to have the resources to get a custom part extruded and one would have to be “crazy” enough to build and test a free energy system. Because this inventor actually build such a odd craft, he definitely has the resources and is “crazy” enough. I posted the working design in August of 2011. He has had enough time to test the ST design and work it into his amphibious boat.

I believe the reason he does not give any details of the perpetual power source is because he did not invent the ST. I did!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by graysquirrel

Interesting...and worthy of exploration, I appreciate your willingness to put forth Your research for all to see...
I wish that was the same for others
Checking into your projects...looks interesting at first glance
X

edit on 14-12-2012 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: uhmmm uhmmmm what?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by graysquirrel

That is very interesting greysquirrel...... would it be possible to use your ST device to turn a turbine, connected to a generator to generate electrical current? Have you attempted to do this? How about introducing a magnetic field baring particle (thinking magnetized iron filings type setup) into the tornado, and placing electromagnetic pickup coils round the outside of the tornado to generate electrical current without the need of a generator? (just a thought)

From looking at your patent, it would appear that this device ~could~, in theory, run a generator perpetually (of course, there is completely no such things a perpetual as that implies forever, and forever is a human concept with no basis in reality) - which would qualify as a perpetual energy device in principle.

Fascinating......

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Apparently the "gyro generator" produces approx. 1600 amps, which is far more than the 400 or so amps required to run the electric motors.
Seems strange that this is tied into a strange looking amphibious vehicle, my money is on using gyroscopic forces to somehow provide power from the motion of the waves, sort of like the powerballs excercise gizmo.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hoax! Man has tried the impossible (under current laws of Physics) to have 'free energy' since man has built machines.
My dad as a little kid hooked a motor up to a generator and thought he could run the motor this way..... but, he was 10 years old and didn't know any better, you can't get something for nothing.
All machines has a percentage of efficiency stuff we think is almost perfect (like new electric motors) aren't, the reason they get warm is lost energy through friction and therefore (if I remember it's only something like 80% efficient) a gasoline motor is VERY inefficient!
Keep this in mind:
First law of thermodynamics - Conservation of energy. Energy can be transformed from one form to another, but it can't be created or destroyed. "You cannot get something for nothing, because matter and energy are conserved."
Second law of thermodynamics - Entropy. Systems always flow to a state of disorder. "You cannot break even (you cannot return to the same energy state, because there is always an increase in disorder; entropy always increases)."
It just isn't possible people!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Who wants to take my bet that he does not allow them to test it, or places such tight restrictions that testing is meaningless?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
More and more of this technology is being made public, any one who doubts this technology exists probably never studied vortex based math, well the cat is out of the bag now and there is little they can to to trifle this next generation of future innovation!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestorm
More and more of this technology is being made public, any one who doubts this technology exists probably never studied vortex based math, well the cat is out of the bag now and there is little they can to to trifle this next generation of future innovation!!

No math, vortex or non vortex, can be used to prove over unity. Sorry to spoil your party.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I'll bet if its legit, it will be suppressed.
Interesting News nonethe less and interesting
to note that a uni has the guts to stick its neck out and test it,
apparently they are undoubtedly going against international agreements
between unis and MS science

Cheers

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Incorrect!!..

Electric Motors do not create heat due to friction, infact their friction coefficient is extremely small. There are only two bearings in an electric motor.
The reason they get hot is the action of electricity and resistance to the current, through the windings (the armature).
While electric motors are not 100% efficient, they are the closest thing we have to "Alien" EMP technology....
Imagine if we put the past 100 years of tech into electric motors, instead of petroleum engines, how much more advanced we would be................
The "Petro Tech" industry was forced onto mankind, and the "Electro Tech" pushed back....
But its time is returning again........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join