It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are/were your pregnancy cravings :D

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

1). Onions and salt was number one. I'd dip onions into a bowl of salt and munch away.

2). Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomatoes.

3). Any mexican food with coca cola.

I pretty much ate any of the above three at least once a day. Probably why I porked out to 200 lbs. lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

I had the opposite Watermelon made me sick and so did the smell of banana's and strawberries...but chocolate and whipped creme and pickles were awesome.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Stop showing me that, you're making me have cravings and I'm not even pregnant!

That looks sooooo nummanumma! You deserve one of those every day- it would make the baby do sommersaults in your tummy!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Anyone know the facts why you ladies have weird food cravings?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

had to be said ...you are forgiven...hug?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

HAHA!!

What a nice thing to do for your friend

Yea I have gone thru pickles like a mad woman. I don't get the pickle thing either. I like pickles but I never went out of my way to buy them weekly. lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

When you are pregnant you are literally eating for two. When you crave certain foods it is because your body is telling you that you need something (vitamin or mineral wise) that is in what you are craving. The baby needs plenty of vitamins and minerals to develop properly- one of the reasons most obstetricians put their patients on pre-natal vitamins.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Freshly squeezed orange juice, squeezed myself, nets of oranges a day......and Ikea's Swedish herring, especially in Mustard Sauce. I also had chronic pregnancy sickness too, day and night for months.

www.ikea.com...

My morning/all day sickness has subsided. I still get it here and there but not like i did in the beginning.

Right now I want grape juice. Grape juice is really good right now. I always liked it but right now it's better than milk which is my usual drink of choice lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Of course ;D
Heck sometimes I think it myself seeing that a lot of the studies reckon that people born premature are stupid

www.myomancy.com...

I'm not the brightest spark in the world and I'm Dyslexic but .......hold on maybe they are right
lol.

link   
double post...proved my last post eh lol.
edit on 12-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by littled16

I thought it was a trick question and he was going to inform us...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
Hello fellow pregnant lady!

Hello fellow pregnant lady

This time around, it's been cold fruit! If it's not cold, I don't want it.

Yea cold is best esp with apples. I like my apples cold and crispy!

Also, cold fresh orange juice, milk, cheese and yoghurt, and more recently, greasy cheese burgers....which I can't have.

MMMM cheese. I was saddened when I was told I couldn't have Brie or Feta. I love both and had both in my fridge. I gave my friend a spiced herb cheese wheel I bought but never got to eat. lol I had to toss my Feta
It was too tempting. I always like to have feta just as a snack with crackers and diced tomatoes...MMMM esp on a triscuit!

I had a greasy cheeseburger and it was good but I don't think I'll eat it again. My other pregnant friend who is about to pop any day got me craving one recently by talking about them all day. lol

Pretty much everything else makes me sick. Still no sign of it letting up!

How are you feeling?

Awe
I'm sorry you are still feeling icky. I hope it passes soon!

I feel better, it still comes and goes but I can eat now and it goes away or it only lasts a short time vs all day. I am just very tired. I never took naps in my life but now I can and it's actually quite nice only I never really feel rested.

Hope you feel better

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

MMMMMMM yummy, processed powdered mashed potatoes...be very glad they closed. Stay away from Taco bell and Pizza Hut while you are at it.

MMM yes it was lol

I don't like Taco Bell or Pizza Hut. I use to eat Pizza Hut before i knew their cheese was made of silicone. I make my own now or order from a local Italian place with delicious cheese.

KFC for some reason has always been a favorite. I am not a fan of frying food let alone fried foods but their extra crispy chicken breasts are tasty even if they are processed. LOL I don't eat much junk food so every now and then it won't kill me. I have KFC like once a year if I'm lucky lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

Actually he is a boy, I felt like it was going to be a girl until, the scan said it was a boy. Weirdly he loves all the food that I craved. I even ate McDonalds which I never ate before, I was vegetarian, but couldn't stand the smell of cooking and craved burgers. I don't eat those now but he loves them.

You too craved McD's?!

Ok I don't feel so bad lol

I never really ate McDonald's til recently. One day my friend mentioned chicken nuggets from there and I had to have some and omg they were so good with ranch. I didn't think I'd eat them but I do crave those darn things. I hate it lol They are so processed yet they are so tasty! DAMN you MSG making me crave you! lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

1). Onions and salt was number one. I'd dip onions into a bowl of salt and munch away.

2). Grilled cheese sandwiches with tomatoes.

3). Any mexican food with coca cola.

I pretty much ate any of the above three at least once a day. Probably why I porked out to 200 lbs. lol

Wow onions dipped in salt, that is a new one. I had a friend who loved vinegar and lettuce when she was pregnant. She'd dunk the lettuce in vinegar.

I love grilled cheese with tomatoes regularly!
I might have to make one tonight. I don't feel like cooking a big meal and that is quick and easy!

My sister craved Mexican and spicy foods while pregnant. She would get hot wings and get the hottest flavor. I thought she was nuts and my nephew would come out kicking and breathing fire lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Anyone know the facts why you ladies have weird food cravings?

Good question.

So far from what I've read they say they don't know why women get cravings, moodiness, headaches or anything else that is attributed to pregnancy. I kind of laugh because well pregnancy has been around since people so you would think they would have it narrowed down by now.

For me I just go with the hormonal changes in the body as the obvious.

I have always been a food person. I love to cook but literally almost everything mentioned to me or that I see seems tasty. In the beginning I had bad food aversion and morning sickness so anything food wise made me feels sick. Now however it's the opposite. I did read that once morning sickness subsides your appetite comes back in full force!!

So for me it's probably hormonal changes since science doesn't have an answer lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That is another reason lol eating for two with hormonal changes

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

reply to post by KatieVA

Actually he is a boy, I felt like it was going to be a girl until, the scan said it was a boy. Weirdly he loves all the food that I craved. I even ate McDonalds which I never ate before, I was vegetarian, but couldn't stand the smell of cooking and craved burgers. I don't eat those now but he loves them.

You too craved McD's?!

Ok I don't feel so bad lol

I never really ate McDonald's til recently. One day my friend mentioned chicken nuggets from there and I had to have some and omg they were so good with ranch. I didn't think I'd eat them but I do crave those darn things. I hate it lol They are so processed yet they are so tasty! DAMN you MSG making me crave you! lol

I went to McDonalds drive in breakfast, lunch and dinner, most days, always hated their food before and now, but I craved it, yep, probably the MSG, I went from UK size 8 to 12 in 9 months. Best avoid the fried stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Oh I don't eat it that much. I did have a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit this morning from there because I woke up really late and didn't have time to make the usual eggs, pancakes and bacon. I love my griddle lol I can make all three at once in 20mins. and bam a full breakfast!

I eat FF right now when I have no other option and need something quick but I do crave those darn nuggets! I would say I have it maybe once a week. That isn't that bad since I use to eat it like every other month or more.

Now I'd worry if we had a KFC or Boston Market around here lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Freshly squeezed orange juice, squeezed myself, nets of oranges a day......and Ikea's Swedish herring, especially in Mustard Sauce. I also had chronic pregnancy sickness too, day and night for months.

www.ikea.com...

Did you have a girl? I've heard that cravings for oranges and orange juice might mean that you're expecting a girl....I've had that craving so I'm wondering if it's a pink bump!

I craved citrus with my son. oranges, pineapple, ect. I have never heard of it being something you crave if it is a girl. With my daughter I craved spinach and tomatoes, and I had to eat them together.

I am pretty convinced that pregnancy craving are due to a nutrient or vitamin your body needs.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join