It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are/were your pregnancy cravings :D

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing a thread like this and since I love food and now expecting I want to know what others have craved while pregnant.

I have heard some crazy combos but pickles and ice cream really are one many seem to crave. I do wonder why because I myself ate pickles like they were going out of style when I found out. They were actually one of the few things i could eat and drink the juice of that stayed down. I'm out of the pickle phase though lol
I also love love love Snickers Ice Cream bars and when I had really bad morning sickness (all day sickness is more like it) and woke up in the middle of the night the only thing that didn't bother me was a Snickers Ice Cream Bar. I would eat one and not feel sick and go right back to sleep. I had a hard time eating anything else. I had bad food aversion in the beginning. Now I don't think I'm averted from anything lol

My appetite is back and the biggest I've ever had. I was always teased for eating like a bird but to me they were normal portions. I'm a petite person so eating an entire plate of what I'd have at a restaurant was like two servings to me where to many it's a complete serving for one. I must say now I have no left overs which kind of sucks cause I always loved leftovers. lol I don't eat a lot of food I just eat what most people consider the proper serving size based on serving sizes of today.

Right now my BIGGEST craving would be a local Italian place that delivers for free! I love their Chicken Marsala with Spaghetti Marinara on the side. I am very picky about Italian food since most of what i make IS Italian so I'm pretty selective if I'm going to eat out Italian.

Last year my fiancee took me to this new place locally and I instantly loved the place. The food and service were great. He was surprised because he calls me a food snob when it comes to eating out...lol Well I recently found out about a month ago they deliver locally for free! I have since ordered them almost weekly. Their prices are amazing for the food you get. What it costs me to order a complete meal from them with dessert is what it costs for a small pizza here. Their delivery time takes a bit about 45mins but everything is fresh and hot. The soup is homemade and the sauces are perfect! I can even tell they use actual fresh mushrooms vs canned ones and to me that is very important when it comes to mushrooms and Chicken Marsala! I recently found out they have brunch on Sundays. I went there for lunch with my fiancees mom this weekend and was happily surprised they had brunch. It was 3 courses for $13.95 and if you could drink, free mimosa's or champagne. There was even a lady singing Christmas songs. I swear I thought it was the radio but it wasn't. I love the inside of this place too, very clean yet nicely done. The colors are very European to me and the people are always so pleasant. It's hard to find good service here but there it's always good! I ordered them for lunch today and they remembered me. I'm the crazy pregnant lady who orders them weekly lol It was cheap for lunch and the portions aren't any smaller than dinner!

So that is my main craving right now. I could eat their food daily. I will probably get quiche tomorrow and some lasagna

So ladies what have been or are you cravings while pregnant??

This thread will give me food ideas hehe

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You had to ask huh?

and more...

LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm not sure it's possible for me to be pregnant.

But my constant cravings are chips, burger and KFC!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
My pregnancy cravings? 3,500 miles, an alias, and a good lawyer.

Been down THAT road once too often.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
to get out of the womb and into the world
[from a male, as a yet unborn infant]

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Pregnancies are all different With my first I craved sweets and salties, with the second I craved fresh fruits and vegetables. Out of both pregnancies the things I probably craved the most were Oreo cookies, jalapeno bean dip and peanut butter & banana sandwiches. Oh, and strawberries; lots and lots of strawberries!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Watermelon, WaterMelon, WATERMELON to make things worse it's hard to find alot of watermelon in the winter months.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

MMMM Krispy Kreme I presume

I saw a box of 4 glazed Krispy Kreme donuts in the grocery store yesterday after the Krispy Kreme thread. I never ever noticed them in there before. I swear it was fate
I didn't now they had an end cap of them. They must be gone by the time i get there because Im never there at 8am usually more like 3pm lol

Must get there early!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

MMMM KFC. We don't have a KFC anymore, they closed both of them down. I love KFC. I know it's crap food but damn that popcorn chicken dunked in gravy then mashed potatoes is soooo good

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

A long time ago, when I was in high school. A friend of mine got knocked up, and she had a craving for pickles.

I worked at McDonald's at the time, so I acquired a 10lb. bag of sliced pickles for her. Holy Crap! You would have thought I had just rescued her from a pack of rabid badgers. She was very excited.

That's the day I realized I will never understand women.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Freshly squeezed orange juice, squeezed myself, nets of oranges a day......and Ikea's Swedish herring, especially in Mustard Sauce. I also had chronic pregnancy sickness too, day and night for months.

www.ikea.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hello fellow pregnant lady!

This time around, it's been cold fruit! If it's not cold, I don't want it.

Also, cold fresh orange juice, milk, cheese and yoghurt, and more recently, greasy cheese burgers....which I can't have.

Pretty much everything else makes me sick. Still no sign of it letting up!

How are you feeling?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
Freshly squeezed orange juice, squeezed myself, nets of oranges a day......and Ikea's Swedish herring, especially in Mustard Sauce. I also had chronic pregnancy sickness too, day and night for months.

www.ikea.com...

Did you have a girl? I've heard that cravings for oranges and orange juice might mean that you're expecting a girl....I've had that craving so I'm wondering if it's a pink bump!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Pregnancies are all different With my first I craved sweets and salties, with the second I craved fresh fruits and vegetables. Out of both pregnancies the things I probably craved the most were Oreo cookies, jalapeno bean dip and peanut butter & banana sandwiches. Oh, and strawberries; lots and lots of strawberries!

MMM Strawberries! Love strawberries!

I love fruit esp strawberries and apples. I eat apples almost daily but strawberries are kind of pricey so I don't get them as often. I also love green beans. I could eat green beans daily right now and probably zucchini lol. I always liked veggies and fruit but right now they are like chocolate to me. I love chocolate but I'm not craving it as much as I would have thought. I have an arsenal of chocolate at home lol but i eat one little square here or there and that is it.

MMMMM Oreos. I'm not an ice cream person but Oreo Ice Cream is the one kind I can eat anytime and is has to be Oreo Breyers lol cookies and cream doesn't cut it. lol

This right here is something i love to get while at work but it's almost $8 bucks so I dont get it daily lol It's called Tropical Bowl. It's got pureed Acai Berry at the bottom then granola, banana's, strawberries, pineapple, coconut, blackberries, kiwi and bee pollen. My friend got me hooked on these and it is so tasty! All the fruit is just so good!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm a bloke so obviously I will not have pregnancy cravings but when I was born my Mother loved eating coal

Maybe that is why I was born after 29 weeks and weighed less than 2 pound.
I was very small but I survived

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekingDepth
Watermelon, WaterMelon, WATERMELON to make things worse it's hard to find alot of watermelon in the winter months.

I love watermelon flavored anything but for some reason I don't like actual watermelon. I'll eat it but I won't go out of my way for it. I have always found that to be odd!

I did have a friend who craved watermelon while pregnant. She was pregnant during watermelon season so it was easy for her to get lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

MMMMMMM yummy, processed powdered mashed potatoes...be very glad they closed. Stay away from Taco bell and Pizza Hut while you are at it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Explains much. I thought it was because you were dropped on your head...

Seriously, what the heck are the guy's doing in here talking about cravings? Go find a manly thread, about wars, when you figure out how 2 carry a child for 9 months you can come and make silly jokes about cravings, otherwise you have no clue...I bet not one of you guys could carry a 9 lb weight around for 8 hours strapped to your belly much less 9 months.
edit on 12/12/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: Edit

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Actually he is a boy, I felt like it was going to be a girl until, the scan said it was a boy. Weirdly he loves all the food that I craved. I even ate McDonalds which I never ate before, I was vegetarian, but couldn't stand the smell of cooking and craved burgers. I don't eat those now but he loves them.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Lol I was expecting that
Women are harder then men and pregnancy proves that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join