It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria is firing SCUD missiles at the rebellion forces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks for the warning... I don't know why, but I looked anyway...

There goes my peacefull night of sleep

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Think about the rebels catching you and ending up like the last few dictators in arab states. Maybe using those chemicals weapons becomes much more appealing then. Even more so when all your yes men are telling the West is to weak to do anything about it.

Using chemical weapons would be the main way to ensure death, not survival.. But aside from that...

The US is backing the Fall of Assad.
The US has said it cannot let the chemical weapons get in the hands of rebels.

Add those 2 together to find the pre scripted outcome..

No one thinks the west is too weak to act..

edit on 12/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ravinski

They are not rebels they are terrorists supported by the UN........End of story here.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Can you explain to me why the UN would support terrorists?
I guess to give Assad a bad name, but why does the UN want Assad out of the way so badly?

What's their real agenda...?

If you can back up the answers, I guess it is the end of this story...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay.... Boo Hiss Boo on whatever Media moron throw Biological into the mix like it was interchangeable with Chemical. If Syria had BIO weapons in routine warhead production and in full deployment ready form ...I'd be for putting Syria into a freeze right now. Whatever that took. Chemical weapons can kill a city. Bio weapons can kill humanity.

Depends on the 'weapon' one that kills quickly but is not highly contagious from person to person will generally remain confined to the targeted population. Delivery by air from aircraft or bombs would likely kill every person exposed to it. (slower than chemical weapons, but possibly as or more effective)

There are biological weapons that are designed to be both highly contagious and extremely lethal. In that case suicide bio-terrorists could infect themselves and spread that infection among a targeted population and from there it could keep spreading and killing on it's own. A group that believes that the only way to save humanity and the world is by reducing the human population by as much as 75% or more could use terrorists to do this.

Iranian scientists have been in Syria in the past working on the development of chemical and biological weapons. Though their work has been confined to the target controlled weapons.

Pakistan is where the global killers were developed and later tested on small populations in Africa..

Where we go from here depends on when the Assad regime falls, and Iran becomes the next target.

Sometime between now and January seem likely... Their prophecies must be fulfilled and religious justification made before they can use their "hand of god" weapon.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I think the general idea is that they're aligned with Iran, the big baddy in the Middle East. They're much weaker than Iran so fermenting a civil war is an ideal way of alienating Syria from Iran so if a war with Iran kicks off there's no highly complicated cross border shenanigins. Anyway that's my take on it. There's also talk of Israel involvement, Saudi etc. All gets a bit dubious in the Middle East.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
President Obama has declared that the Syrian rebels are now the legitimate representatives of the Syrian people.

Too bad, he has no idea who or what group is ultimately behind them.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravinski
reply to post by Iwinder

Can you explain to me why the UN would support terrorists?
I guess to give Assad a bad name, but why does the UN want Assad out of the way so badly?

What's their real agenda...?

If you can back up the answers, I guess it is the end of this story...

A One word answer would be oil, countries in the middle east are dropping like flies left and right.

I ask myself daily now whom is in the middle of each fly kill if you will...

The answer is plain as day, the UN is and there is no denial of this.

If you believe Mrs Clinton and her rhetoric then you might as well go watch the Wizard of OZ in all its glory and cite that movie as fact as well.

Nobody is going to fall for the weapons of mass destruction thing again, although it is unhealthy to report that the mobile chemical/ bio labs really did not exist.

DR Kelly anyone?

Its all smoke and mirrors and anyone who claims otherwise is really very very trusting of what they are told.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Thanks for explaining! My first pick would allso be oil, but I keep hearing that there is little oil in Syria.
So they are "securing" the area for further control in the oil region.

I just can't believe that oil is that important

If they spend the money on research and development of sustainable energy instead of securing the relative short term oil reserve we would all be in a far better place...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

I think the general idea is that they're aligned with Iran, the big baddy in the Middle East. They're much weaker than Iran so fermenting a civil war is an ideal way of alienating Syria from Iran so if a war with Iran kicks off there's no highly complicated cross border shenanigins. Anyway that's my take on it. There's also talk of Israel involvement, Saudi etc. All gets a bit dubious in the Middle East.

They (the Assad regime) are allied with Iran, but mainly because of their common enemy; Israel. Also Assad's religious perspectives are aligned with Shia Islam.

When the Assad regime falls, anything will be possible... ANYTHING!

Then, ... on to Iran.

Maybe.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Time will tell i guess. If Assad falls and Iran gets attacked soon after then all will become clear. Funnily enough the main befefactor of the war in Iraq seems to have been Iran. More influence there now than ever before. I do worry about the US and the UN. They seem to be rubbish at this real life game of Risk.
edit on 12-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: caps

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravinski
reply to post by Iwinder

Thanks for explaining! My first pick would allso be oil, but I keep hearing that there is little oil in Syria.
So they are "securing" the area for further control in the oil region.

I just can't believe that oil is that important

If they spend the money on research and development of sustainable energy instead of securing the relative short term oil reserve we would all be in a far better place...

I agree 100% with your post above, unfortunately it is oil and not sustainable energy that rules the world right now.
Also toss in the ego trip and power lust of the "who is who" crowd and you have a world full of maniacs with no regards as to what their fellow man/women suffers from.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Time will tell i guess. If Assad falls and Iran gets attacked soon after then all will become clear. Funnily enough the main befefactor of the war in Iraq seems to have been Iran. More influence there now than ever before. I do worry about the US and the UN. They seem to be rubbish at this real life game of Risk.

It is no longer a question of "if" but "when" I'm afraid.

Most people do not have any idea how dangerous all of this is, or where the provocations will ultimately lead.

They intend to ignite a regional war, ultimately to draw out Israeli aggression, and then to draw in the USA (great Satan) into aggression on Iran, then (if they are successful) they will have justification, and will use terrorist cells to attack in retaliation..... From there, seeing is believing, and perhaps being oblivious is best, at least for as long as possible.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for them to find Sadam's weapons of mass destruction !

Not sure i believe anything i hear in the mainstream these days, especially during an ongoing war in a country that has been an "enemy" of the west for decades.

They found them in Dick Cheineys bunker along with, Bin Laden, UFOs and little green men. Oh and reptilians how could I forget reptilians?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

Not sure i believe anything i hear in the mainstream these days, especially during an ongoing war in a country that has been an "enemy" of the west for decades.

They found them in Dick Cheineys bunker along with, Bin Laden, UFOs and little green men. Oh and reptilians how could I forget reptilians?

That's quite a party !! How come I never get invited to partys like that. I'm going to have to have words with my local Lizard Overlord and see if i can swing a free ticket.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 12-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: caps

Key words Seem to be...
Seem to be... Traps are set 3 moves in advance.. It looks like foolishness, and that is the only way to mask intention.. It's like pool sharks.. Losing bets until you go in for the kill (big bet) and their teeth come out..

Or it's all idiots running it all and we are still in trouble..

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono

That's quite a party !! How come I never get invited to partys like that. I'm going to have to have words with my local Lizard Overlord and see if i can swing a free ticket.

Easy, just become rich, corrupt and willing to ruin peoples lives for money then....BOOM! You're in!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

One thing from the recent wars has stuck with me. A US intelligence operative (high ranking) trying to bribe taliban informers with dollars even though doing so would be like handing out a death sentence to the informers. After much debate with intermediaries the only safe way they could give them anything was mobile phone top ups. Small scale i know, but it makes you wonder what the....... !!!

I'm also thinking the U.S. hasn't got a good record for oversea's wars since ww2, Vietnam - messed up, Iraq - total screw up, Afghanistan - still there and making no difference. If you're going to win a war you have to go full medieval to gain anything. Hard with democracies to explain to your population you're intentionally killing innocent civilians and get voted in again
edit on 12-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: added a bit

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Starting from the premise wars are fought to be "won" I would agree..

I don't think I share that view however..

Judging by the games I used to play, the predictive programming was always supposed to be 2-3 major players..

1)A global terrorist network.
2)USA/Europe (Nato, or UN)
3)China

So these "lost wars" are just setting up pieces.. Like I was saying you have to lose a bunch of the small ones till it's all in one basket then you defeat that one basket... In the mean time the real players (international players) always win..

That's just the conspiracy angle though. Messing everything up, is another angle...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Not sure wars can be won anymore, not big global ones anyway. We all lose in that situation. All the major players have Nukes, Biological, Chemical weapons that make me shudder just to think about. My fave theory is it's all just about getting funding for the good old industrial military complex. It's just a machine that runs on war and without one then then the cash stops coming and a load of generals end up out of power and a job,industries close, business stops, cash stops flowing.

Who knows though. The fact we can't fathom what's really going on speaks volumes really. Surely in a democracy we're suposed to have the reasons, the objectives of wars should be known to us. It's all got very hard to determine what's going on since gulf war 1.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join