It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blown Gasket - Doctor Freaking WHO!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Who was actor who played the role of the Master who was Tom Bakers Dr Who nemphsis, from memory he was the best evilest version of the Master. Later actors playing the Master have been average. Mabey the only exception is the 90s Dr who movie with Eric Roberts as the Master where he was appropriately Evil.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well of the first three Masters in the original serials you have Roger Delgado, then Peter Pratt, who played the deformed Master in the thick mask and after that Anthony Ainley.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

i am an american and have been watching it since 70s oh and by the way check out christmas days new episode the do one every christmas since 06 the doctor is one of my altime favorite characters

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Who was actor who played the role of the Master who was Tom Bakers Dr Who nemphsis, from memory he was the best evilest version of the Master. Later actors playing the Master have been average. Mabey the only exception is the 90s Dr who movie with Eric Roberts as the Master where he was appropriately Evil.

He always reminded me of some kind of Shakespearian baddy - expected him to be wearing a ruff and cod piece!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So far, Rose is the most attractive, in my opinion, then the black girl (sorry, i can never remember her name, but she was great!) then Amy, then that godawful Redheaded woman ( I never liked her). Eccleston was good, Tenant was great, and the new guy is Awesome!

That is all.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sadly, I am about 20 minutes into episode 3 ( Charles Dickens, the past, gas ghosts stuff ) - exactly where I paused it, when sleep overtook me last night.

My TV is currently off, but the episode is sitting there, quietly and patiently paused.

Given the events of today, and the horror and grief they bring, I imagine that I will, eventually, force myself to turn the TV on and to try and watch - even if my experience may end up being a bit melancholy.

All in all, I am glad, however, that I did get outraged enough to rant about the number of episodes. If I had not have done so, the great and helpful minds at ATS wouldn't have been able to guide me to a reasonable starting point and I might well have missed out on what has, thus far, been a very pleasant and surprising experience.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
That's what we're here for Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Bad Wolf.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

You're in for quite a treat with this series. You have a lot to look forward to in the first season including Simon Pegg. The Slitheen from Raxacoricofallapatorian are pretty lame looking, but once you understand what "Are you my mummy?" means you will most likely be hooked.

Anyhow, I thought I would do you a solid and give some links from RitchandSpace he does a great job giving a brief synopsis of each doctor. I'll link up to eight so as to not spoil anything for you.

A Brief History of the First Doctor
A Brief History of the Second Doctor
A Brief History of the Third Doctor

On second thought you can find the rest on Ritch's channel if you are interested.

The fine bros. will also help you get up to speed in only 6 minutes, I recommend stopping at 3:15 unless you want spoilers.

Doctor Who: 47 Years in 6 Minutes

And finally, if this doesn't get you excited about the show nothing will. By far the best fan made Doctor Who video I've seen... it's even officially sanctioned by the BBC now because they plan to use it as a promo video.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Oh and for good measure, this will get you excited for David Tennant hopefully. It was made for children in need so it is a minisode and doesn't contain spoilers. He actually has to deal with a run in with his fourth incarnation. Great stuff... ok, I'll leave the Who talk alone now. I'm a total geek for this show and could go on for hours, so I'll just have to stop myself now.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I meant fifth incarnation. Must have had Tom Baker on the brain. Anyhow....yeah, how embarassing.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I have recently been watching a lot of shows online.

I really like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and other shows like that.

I have been considering starting the newer Doctor Who series

There are many sites that you can find that stream movies and TV shows.

This is a good one that I use a lot. www.tubeplus.me...

It's free and pretty east to use. Once you get used to how the site works.

You can also watch movies and they have a huge searchable database.

One caution, there are a lot of pop-ups when starting a video stream.

Some of the sources work better than others. After a short time I figured out which were the best to use.

I keep my browsers settings so that plug-ins do not run automatically and can block most of the pop-ups.

Some other annoying features. You sometimes need to run DIVX or XVID codec plug-ins. Which requires an initial install.

But, usually I can find what I want to watch using just the normal FLASH player plug-in.

Here's a second site I use for online TV shows. www.cucirca.com...

A few TV show suggestions for you.

Breaking Bad

Weeds

Sons of Anarchy

Dexter

Prison Break

Primeval (UK TV show)

Misfits (UK TV show)
edit on 16-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I just finished watching the first episode of the newer series.

It was a fun watch. Here's a link to all 7 seasons streamed online.

Doctor Who - Season 1 Episode 1

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join